Movie Discussion

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Daddy's Home 2

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5657846/

Kicking off right where the first movie left off, Daddy's Home 2 confirms that Brad and Dusty who are now best-friends and 'co-dads' must now deal with their intrusive fathers during the holidays. Mel Gibson plays Kurt, father of Dusty (Mark Wahlberg) and John Lithgow plays Don, father of Brad (Will Ferrell). Kurt is an old-school tough guy who was anything but an ideal father to Dusty, whereas Don was a very friendly, perhaps sheltering type of parent to Brad. The movie is also a Christmas themed movie and has the majority of the original supporting cast return for the sequel - Sara, Dylan and Megan as well as Alessandra Ambrosio, and John Cena makes a cameo appearance.

In order to understand this movie, you need to watch part 1: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1528854/?ref_=tt_rec_tt

7.5/10

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
images (2).jpeg

A brutal mugging leaves Grey Trace paralyzed in the hospital and his beloved wife dead. A billionaire inventor soon offers
A brutal mugging leaves Grey Trace paralyzed in the hospital and his beloved wife dead. A billionaire inventor soon offers Trace a cure -- an artificial intelligence implant called STEM that will enhance his body. Now able to walk, Grey finds that he also has superhuman strength and agility -- skills he uses to seek revenge against the thugs who destroyed his life.

Good movie about the scary advancement of technology and AI we will soon be heading towards

8/10

Wahesh

Reaction score
View attachment 7420
A brutal mugging leaves Grey Trace paralyzed in the hospital and his beloved wife dead. A billionaire inventor soon offers
A brutal mugging leaves Grey Trace paralyzed in the hospital and his beloved wife dead. A billionaire inventor soon offers Trace a cure -- an artificial intelligence implant called STEM that will enhance his body. Now able to walk, Grey finds that he also has superhuman strength and agility -- skills he uses to seek revenge against the thugs who destroyed his life.

Good movie about the scary advancement of technology and AI we will soon be heading towards

8/10
The movie itself though, is the story any good?

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The movie itself though, is the story any good?
It's somewhat been done before, but it was still a good concept.

I thought the plot was engaging, it had solid acting, great pacing, and was a very impressive directorial debut from the guy who co-wrote saw Leigh whannell

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
unnamed.jpg

Jonathan Shannon (Ryan Phillippe) gives his 17-year-old daughter Clare (Joey King) an old music box that promises to grant its owner seven wishes. Skeptical at first, Clare becomes seduced by its dark powers when her life starts to radically improve with each wish. Everything seems perfect until she realizes that every wish she makes causes the people who are closest to her to die in violent and elaborate ways.

Wow, this was absolutely terrible. I usually sit through anything no matter how bad it gets, but I struggled with this, even viewing it as a so-bad-it's good comedy it fails on every level. No redeeming values whatsoever, everyone involved with this shit pie should be deeply ashamed

0/10

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 7491
Jonathan Shannon (Ryan Phillippe) gives his 17-year-old daughter Clare (Joey King) an old music box that promises to grant its owner seven wishes. Skeptical at first, Clare becomes seduced by its dark powers when her life starts to radically improve with each wish. Everything seems perfect until she realizes that every wish she makes causes the people who are closest to her to die in violent and elaborate ways.

Wow, this was absolutely terrible. I usually sit through anything no matter how bad it gets, but I struggled with this, even viewing it as a so-bad-it's good comedy it fails on every level. No redeeming values whatsoever, everyone involved with this shit pie should be deeply ashamed

0/10
Lol top review!

I just finished watching Shooter with Philipe and he was brilliant

Wahesh

Reaction score
Lol top review!

I just finished watching Shooter with Philipe and he was brilliant
Come on..., poster, imdb link, your review and /10 - come on mate don't leave us hanging.

Wahesh

Reaction score
View attachment 7491

0/10
I just read up on that and I don't know... it sounds interesting yet so bad it's good at the same time.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I just read up on that and I don't know... it sounds interesting yet so bad it's good at the same time.
Man, don't do it to yourself. Watching a bare wall or a clock ticking for an hour and a half would be infinitely more entertaining than that piece of shit

Wahesh

Reaction score
S.W.A.T.: Firefight

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1621429/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_44

Expert S.W.A.T. leader Paul Cutler goes to Detroit on a special assignment to train and certify the city's S.W.A.T. team. After a hostage is killed during an assignment, the victim's boyfriend, a highly specialized government agent, decides to take revenge on Cutler and his team.

I actually thought this movie was going to be good because it has both Robert Patrick and Kristanna Loken in it, and for those who don't know, Robert Patrick plays the evil terminator in Terminator 2 and Kristanna Loken plays the evil terminator in Terminator 3. So... 2 evils terminators together. Ironically, in the movie, THEY are a couple. Sounds good right? Well let's just say it doesn't go down exactly as you like and was predictable at times. The chicks were hot though, but other than that, very predictable and just another American action movie.

5/10

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
unnamed.jpg

Dr. Steven Murphy is a renowned cardiovascular surgeon who presides over a spotless household with his wife and two children. Lurking at the margins of his idyllic suburban existence is Martin, a fatherless teen who insinuates himself into the doctor's life in gradually unsettling ways. Soon, the full scope of Martin's intent becomes menacingly clear when he confronts Steven with a long-forgotten transgression that will shatter his domestic bliss forever.

One of the weirdest movies I've seen this year, and I've seen some strange stuff :laughing:
A highly original dark concept, quality acting, outstanding cinematography excellent direction and great execution make this one a winner

Definitely an acquired taste, but I thought it was great.

9/10

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
unnamed.jpg

FBI agent Matt Graver calls on mysterious operative Alejandro Gillick when Mexican drug cartels start to smuggle terrorists across the U.S. border. The war escalates even further when Alejandro kidnaps a top kingpin's daughter to deliberately increase the tensions. When the young girl is seen as collateral damage, the two men will determine her fate as they question everything that they are fighting for.

As a big fan of the first sicario, I was rather let down by this sequel. I thought this one was beautifully shot, but suffered from a weak script that didn't add anything to the story and had no reason to even be made. Josh brolin and Benicio Del Toro looked like they don't want to even be there.

6.5/10

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I finally got round to it and watched Thor Ragnarok last night. I must say I really enjoyed it and I was actually impressed with how they mixed in the humour as well. My stand out character has to be Korg, with his kiwi accent. That character had me laughing throughout the movie. Hopefully the next one is done this way too.

Wahesh

Reaction score
View attachment 7496
Dr. Steven Murphy is a renowned cardiovascular surgeon who presides over a spotless household with his wife and two children. Lurking at the margins of his idyllic suburban existence is Martin, a fatherless teen who insinuates himself into the doctor's life in gradually unsettling ways. Soon, the full scope of Martin's intent becomes menacingly clear when he confronts Steven with a long-forgotten transgression that will shatter his domestic bliss forever.

One of the weirdest movies I've seen this year, and I've seen some strange stuff :laughing:
A highly original dark concept, quality acting, outstanding cinematography excellent direction and great execution make this one a winner

Definitely an acquired taste, but I thought it was great.

9/10
Interesting. What genre is this movie? It sounds like it's drama more or less. The weird movies can often be the good ones.

Wahesh

Reaction score
So I finally got round to it and watched Thor Ragnarok last night. I must say I really enjoyed it and I was actually impressed with how they mixed in the humour as well. My stand out character has to be Korg, with his kiwi accent. That character had me laughing throughout the movie. Hopefully the next one is done this way too.
I haven't actually watched any of the Thor movies but I got a question for ya... was there a lot of CGI in this movie? That's generally the first thing I ask when it comes to super-hero movies these days unfortunately :(

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't actually watched any of the Thor movies but I got a question for ya... was there a lot of CGI in this movie? That's generally the first thing I ask when it comes to super-hero movies these days unfortunately :(
I don't watch superhero movies that much, as I find a majority of them are boring, Superman vs Batman I'm looking at you but I heard good things about Thor Ragnarok so I thought I'd check it out. Yeah their is a lot of CGI, but that's the norm these days.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Interesting. What genre is this movie? It sounds like it's drama more or less. The weird movies can often be the good ones.
I'd say it's a drama, or a very black comedy if you're messed up in the head like I am :tonguewink:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The guy who does the voice of Korg is also the director of the movie. He has made a string of New Zealand films which are all excellent.