Movie Discussion

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
With all this talk of Comando, I give you Comando The Musical.
Just as a follow upto this the Running Man Musical..now this movie had some one liners.. Now I hope this clip hits the spot!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Saw The Meg last night. Don't go see it. Hot garbage.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
With all this talk of Comando, I give you Comando The Musical.
Let's be honest, did anyone expect this movie to be highly entertaining this many years after it's first release? Who here would've thought an action flick from the 80s would be a comedy today LOL.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let's be honest, did anyone expect this movie to be highly entertaining this many years after it's first release? Who here would've thought an action flick from the 80s would be a comedy today LOL.
Same guys do a Predator and Conan The Barbarian versions too, you should check them out they are just as good or if not better.

Wahesh

Reaction score

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1190080/?ref_=nv_sr_1

MOV_8f622ca3_b.jpg

Based on the belief that the world was going to end in 2012 on December 21.

I had no desire to watch this movie, but I happened to have it and hadn't seen it yet coupled with it being a slow and boring Sunday night, so I gave it a go. I was surprised to see the movie had a run-time for nearly 2½ hours. Now, it was almost like watching a Looney Tunes cartoon. I say that because how realistic is it that a limo can travel at high speeds narrowly avoiding the earth and road collapsing beneath it while swerving through traffic and falling buildings? Then comes the real comedy act. A rookie with only "a few" flying lessons under belt has the ability to fly a plane better than a red-bull airshow pilot... but wait, the best part hasn't even come up yet. He goes from flying this light aircraft well (let's keep in mind with only "a few" flying LESSONS under his belt) to flying a huge cargo plane with stacks of exotic cars in it... AGAIN, like a Zivko Edge 540 with the runway falling apart and earth shaking.

It was at that point during this "thriller" that I fell asleep.

3/10.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1190080/?ref_=nv_sr_1

View attachment 7024

Based on the belief that the world was going to end in 2012 on December 21.

I had no desire to watch this movie, but I happened to have it and hadn't seen it yet coupled with it being a slow and boring Sunday night, so I gave it a go. I was surprised to see the movie had a run-time for nearly 2½ hours. Now, it was almost like watching a Looney Tunes cartoon. I say that because how realistic is it that a limo can travel at high speeds narrowly avoiding the earth and road collapsing beneath it while swerving through traffic and falling buildings? Then comes the real comedy act. A rookie with only "a few" flying lessons under belt has the ability to fly a plane better than a red-bull airshow pilot... but wait, the best part hasn't even come up yet. He goes from flying this light aircraft well (let's keep in mind with only "a few" flying LESSONS under his belt) to flying a huge cargo plane with stacks of exotic cars in it... AGAIN, like a Zivko Edge 540 with the runway falling apart and earth shaking.

It was at that point during this "thriller" that I fell asleep.

3/10.
I dont think theres ever been a good disaster movie

Wahesh

Reaction score
That was just and very just watchable due to the fx
Agree, however I'm still sitting on the fence when it comes to Dwayne Johnson movies. I'm very reluctant to see them anymore (except the F&F movies which I'm not watching based on him).

Wahesh

Reaction score
Kangaroo Jack

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0257568/

A movie that I've wanted to watch for 15 years, and I finally a chance to watch it last night. Two childhood friends, a New York hairstylist and a would-be musician, get caught up with the mob and are forced to deliver $50,000 to Australia, but things go haywire when the money is lost to a wild kangaroo. How? Because Louis (the would-be musician, played by Anthony Anderson), decides to put his jacket on the kangaroo whom they thought was dead when they hit it while driving in the outback heading towards their destination. Then a crazy game of cat & mouse ensues. While they are constantly trying to locate the kangaroo, they are being hunted by 2 mobs. Firstly, the mob they are trying to deliver the $50,000 to, and also another mob from New York who issued the assignment to them. Along the way, they are assisted by an "American" lady who happens to work in the outback (ironically, played by a Canadian actress).

Now, I have a sense of humor and can take the over-the-top stereo-typical portrayal of great island, but some snow-flakes might take offense to it.

Overall, a funny movie and I enjoyed it.

6.5/10

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kangaroo Jack

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0257568/

A movie that I've wanted to watch for 15 years, and I finally a chance to watch it last night. Two childhood friends, a New York hairstylist and a would-be musician, get caught up with the mob and are forced to deliver $50,000 to Australia, but things go haywire when the money is lost to a wild kangaroo. How? Because Louis (the would-be musician, played by Anthony Anderson), decides to put his jacket on the kangaroo whom they thought was dead when they hit it while driving in the outback heading towards their destination. Then a crazy game of cat & mouse ensues. While they are constantly trying to locate the kangaroo, they are being hunted by 2 mobs. Firstly, the mob they are trying to deliver the $50,000 to, and also another mob from New York who issued the assignment to them. Along the way, they are assisted by an "American" lady who happens to work in the outback (ironically, played by a Canadian actress).

Now, I have a sense of humor and can take the over-the-top stereo-typical portrayal of great island, but some snow-flakes might take offense to it.

Overall, a funny movie and I enjoyed it.

6.5/10
Your easy pleased dude lol

Wahesh

Reaction score
Your easy pleased dude lol
*You're

I was enjoying the comedy aspect of it more. A movie like that should be looked at in a light-hearted manner.

Plus a movie with a young Estelle Warren bathing herself in a natural waterfall... that certainly did no harm to anyone ;)

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
unnamed.png

Finally an effective horror film.

Won't give away any of the plot and thought the ending was a bit of a cop out, but I really enjoyed it.

4/5

Wahesh

Reaction score
View attachment 7162

Finally an effective horror film.

Won't give away any of the plot and thought the ending was a bit of a cop out, but I really enjoyed it.

4/5
I usually laugh at horror films because I can tell what's going to happen next. Is this one of those or is it completely unpredictable?

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I usually laugh at horror films because I can tell what's going to happen next. Is this one of those or is it completely unpredictable?
I wouldn't say it's unpredictable as I had a fairly good idea as to what would happen.

But it's very unsettling relying on ambiance, tension and acting to successfully carry the film as opposed to a cheap slamming piano jump scare tactic that's fair to common in almost every horror