Movie Discussion

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Love Denzel and imo he has made far better movies than any of the Equalizer gigs I.e Training Day is a ripper no? American Gangster, Dejavu, Man on Fire, Book Of Eli to name a few really good ones.
My point though actually is its time this franchise ended(not sure it will though)a nearly 70 y.o senior citizen kicking ass starts to get pretty silly ...
All excellent movies and some better than Equalizer, its still my favourite though. Just like Arnie, Command is my favourite but True lies and Terminator are better.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All excellent movies and some better than Equalizer, its still my favourite though. Just like Arnie, Command is my favourite but True lies and Terminator are better.
yeh fair enough too, i was maybe a bit harsh on the first Equalizer movie it was pretty good.

You're right Alan, subject to him wanting to do a 4th it's certainly possible.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
yeh fair enough too, i was maybe a bit harsh on the first Equalizer movie it was pretty good.

You're right Alan, subject to him wanting to do a 4th it's certainly possible.
Liam Neeson still churning out those parts lol....go the Kickass Boomers ;)

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I watched the Road House remake. Follows an overall similar storyline with a rich man trying to stand over everybody and the emergence of a bouncer who has to bring order to a bar. Jake Gyllenhaal plays Dalton the bouncer hired to fix up the bar violence. The character that was played by Patrick Swayze in the original. Although he looks the part physically, and doesn’t do a bad job, he just does not have the same presence, self-assurance, inner-strength as Swayze had.

I’m not sure if a remake was needed. However, I didn’t mind it, kept me interested. I must make special mention of Connor McGregor in his movie debut as an unhinged bad guy. He is, well, you have to watch to see him. (Must watch till the end of the first set of credits) lol..

6.5/10

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Still can't believe that he's being cast in the naked gun remake
I didn't even know there was a remake - but after reading into it, it appears to be a sequel to the last one made.

Neeson is a great actor but I can't imagine he'd do well in a goofy comedy movie (provided they keep that genre).

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Liam Neeson still churning out those parts lol....go the Kickass Boomers ;)
Yes I suppose he is north of 60 too? Lol
Actually he has grown on me as one whose movies I enjoy watching.One of my faves which is probably 10 years old now is The Grey, a very good film.
In The Land Of Saints And Sinners is the last one of his I saw, was a decent watch too.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I watched the Road House remake. Follows an overall similar storyline with a rich man trying to stand over everybody and the emergence of a bouncer who has to bring order to a bar. Jake Gyllenhaal plays Dalton the bouncer hired to fix up the bar violence. The character that was played by Patrick Swayze in the original. Although he looks the part physically, and doesn’t do a bad job, he just does not have the same presence, self-assurance, inner-strength as Swayze had.

I’m not sure if a remake was needed. However, I didn’t mind it, kept me interested. I must make special mention of Connor McGregor in his movie debut as an unhinged bad guy. He is, well, you have to watch to see him. (Must watch till the end of the first set of credits) lol..

6.5/10
Did you re-watch the original brother?
I like Gyllenhaal he is an everywhere man and at the top of his game demand wise.
I will watch the new version soon then probably Patrick Swayze's original.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must be the only person who didn’t like the first one, felt over done and way over hyped for me.
I finally decided to watch fury road only last month to see if it was as good as all the hype and couldn't even get past about 20 minutes my thought's were this is totally crap, I'll stick with Mel Gibson you cannot remake some movies and this was one of them.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Did you re-watch the original brother?
I like Gyllenhaal he is an everywhere man and at the top of his game demand wise.
I will watch the new version soon then probably Patrick Swayze's original.
No my man. But I have seen it a number of times, and remember it well. The new movie is a good couple of hours well spent! :D

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually he has grown on me as one whose movies I enjoy watching.One of my faves which is probably 10 years old now is The Grey, a very good film.
In The Land Of Saints And Sinners is the last one of his I saw, was a decent watch too.
The Grey is a great movie very underrated imo, also he's great in Rob Roy which is way better than Braveheart.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I finally decided to watch fury road only last month to see if it was as good as all the hype and couldn't even get past about 20 minutes my thought's were this is totally crap, I'll stick with Mel Gibson you cannot remake some movies and this was one of them.
Although I stuck it out and watched the whole movie. I will stick with Mel Gibson’s Mad Max as well. Fury Road is way overrated.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I didn't even know there was a remake - but after reading into it, it appears to be a sequel to the last one made.

Neeson is a great actor but I can't imagine he'd do well in a goofy comedy movie (provided they keep that genre).
It's being driven by seth McFarlane who insists on casting Neeson with no input from the original writers or director so don't expect much

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
72 in June :grinning:.
He is having somewhat of a resurgence of his movie career. Appearing in heaps of movies. Kinda like Gene Hackman. Something about them to hold your interest even when you know the movie is very average.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Although I stuck it out and watched the whole movie. I will stick with Mel Gibson’s Mad Max as well. Fury Road is way overrated.
It's just all action and very skimpy on storyline. I think I got a copy for Christmas at some point and have only watched it a couple of times. Second time was for the benefit of my nephew who I believe now has possession of the DVD.

I wonder if they got through filming the plot then viewing the edit realised that it needed something. "Let's make a guy playing a flame throwing guitar hanging from a truck! That's sure to substitute for a decent storyline."

This is a movie to watch late at night when you are too tired to care that there's no plot. I put it in the same class as the fast and furious movies in the fact that it's not designed to engage the brain a lot. Thinking about the stunts just a little bit will ruin the movies for you too.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
My favourite 3 Arnie movies are:

Commando
The Running Man
T2

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
72 in June :grinning:.
He is having somewhat of a resurgence of his movie career. Appearing in heaps of movies. Kinda like Gene Hackman. Something about them to hold your interest even when you know the movie is very average.
Where does the time go bloody hell lol
Lost his wife too tragically more than a decade ago I recall.
Good luck to the bloke seems he is going strong, i read that Helen Mirren and him were an item in the 80s when he first made his acting debut.Oh Helen you cougar .. haha