Movie Discussion

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I'm somewhat interested in this. The first impression I got was that it was another boring Notebook style romatic chick movie. But the trailer makes it look a lot more interesting. Seems like an interesting thriller.
I wouldn't really call it a thriller, but definitely a murder-mystery type movie mixed in with a court case. I love the way court cases play out in movies and tv shows, how they really try to sway the jury one way or another. It's done really well in this film.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Day Shift on Netflix

images.jpeg

Best way you could describe this movie is that it's an 80s movie. It's a tacky 80s storyline. The CGI is ridiculously bad and looks like it's straight out of an 80s movie. But the fight choreography is excellent. It's like they hired a decent cast, and the choreographers from John Wick, then ran out of money and hired the worst writers they could find.

Seriously though, the fight choreography is great. Every fight scene is full of creative ways to kill a vampire.

It's not a great movie, but it's alright. Worth a watch for the action sequences. If you're bored.

7/10

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Day Shift on Netflix

View attachment 58566

Best way you could describe this movie is that it's an 80s movie. It's a tacky 80s storyline. The CGI is ridiculously bad and looks like it's straight out of an 80s movie. But the fight choreography is excellent. It's like they hired a decent cast, and the choreographers from John Wick, then ran out of money and hired the worst writers they could find.

Seriously though, the fight choreography is great. Every fight scene is full of creative ways to kill a vampire.

It's not a great movie, but it's alright. Worth a watch for the action sequences. If you're bored.

7/10
Looks very "straight to video".

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
@Wahesh @Realist90 @Kelpie03 guys I know you'd appreciate this new film on Padre Pio. Long live the true and authentic Catholic faith.
I'd rather not eat any food than deny the truths of Catholic Catechism.

Shia LaBeouf!!

Still I love the old ones like King of Kings, Ben Hur, Ten Commandments..oh and a little newer, not love but appreciate how breathtaking it’s imagery and cinematographer is, The Passion of the Christ..

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Shia LaBeouf!!

Still I love the old ones like King of Kings, Ben Hur, Ten Commandments..oh and a little newer, not love but appreciate how breathtaking it’s imagery and cinematographer is, The Passion of the Christ..
Yeh, Shia has done a complete about-face Lol
Well good luck to him if he has found peace in his life. He needed it

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeh, Shia has done a complete about-face Lol
Well good luck to him if he has found peace in his life. He needed it
Even though he was in it, risking the ire of Spielberg, he had enough kahunas to say how crap Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull was.. In my books he deserves a sainthood for that alone!!

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@Wahesh @Realist90 @Kelpie03 guys I know you'd appreciate this new film on Padre Pio. Long live the true and authentic Catholic faith.
I'd rather not eat any food than deny the truths of Catholic Catechism.

I kept forgetting to post about this and shia LaBeoufs conversion to the Catholic Church. Whilst doing the film he completely gave himself over and gave praise to the Latin mass. Cannot wait to watch this

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Did you watch the interview?

It’s a good watch

@dogwhisperer
Well I was gunna watch maybe a half an hour..ended up watching it all. And you know what? It is a good watch.. LaBeouf is really open and willing to talk about his journey to Christ..and the impact and role that the movie had on him and his awakening to his faith in Jesus..and boy has he found a deep knowledge of it..we also get to hear how he shapes and crafts his performances..
Guiding him, as great interviewers do, is Bishop Barron. He just lets Shia talk, steering him on the right course when needed.. The Bishop himself is very easy to listen to and has an extensive deep knowledge of his faith.

ps..A surprising Bob Dillon connection

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well I was gunna watch maybe a half an hour..ended up watching it all. And you know what? It is a good watch.. LaBeouf is really open and willing to talk about his journey to Christ..and the impact and role that the movie had on him and his awakening to his faith in Jesus..and boy has he found a deep knowledge of it..we also get to hear how he shapes and crafts his performances..
Guiding him, as great interviewers do, is Bishop Barron. He just lets Shia talk, steering him on the right course when needed.. The Bishop himself is very easy to listen to and has an extensive deep knowledge of his faith.

ps..A surprising Bob Dillon connection
I’m happy you liked it bro it doesn’t come across forced at all right? Funny thing is bishop Barron is a bit more of a modernist in his teachings that’s a bit of a problem with the more traditional conservative Catholics especially with interpretations of hell, salvation and very wordy with gay marriage. But I have to give him props here you’re right he did let him talk and let it flow. You probably noticed when LaBeouf said Latin mass connects with him so much more than the mainstream catholic mass and Barron was like “how come”! But to barrons credit he actually admitted to the beauty of the traditional Latin mass and spoke of how the mystery is missing from the post vatican ii liturgy.
But hearing you say these things is pretty humbling tbh. God Bless

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m happy you liked it bro it doesn’t come across forced at all right? Funny thing is bishop Barron is a bit more of a modernist in his teachings that’s a bit of a problem with the more traditional conservative Catholics especially with interpretations of hell, salvation and very wordy with gay marriage. But I have to give him props here you’re right he did let him talk and let it flow. You probably noticed when LaBeouf said Latin mass connects with him so much more than the mainstream catholic mass and Barron was like “how come”! But to barrons credit he actually admitted to the beauty of the traditional Latin mass and spoke of how the mystery is missing from the post vatican ii liturgy.
Not forced..just very very interesting my man..thanks for posting it..

ps..I can’t remember who Bishop Barron says it was..but it refers to the Latin mass and the difference today..how the guy he mentioned said that the Liturgy of the Eucharist is like a cooking show now as everything is explained..lol!

Last edited:

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the Elvis movie. Was sceptical at first but I loved it. Never heard of the Colonel Tom Parker until the movie. He was a piece of work.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the Elvis movie. Was sceptical at first but I loved it. Never heard of the Colonel Tom Parker until the movie. He was a piece of work.
It was pretty good..Austin Butler is superb acting and singing the early Elvis songs himself..they blended the older voice of Elvis with his because it changed., Yeah Tom Parker what a grub..pity he came across his path.. i found it hard though thinking of Tom Hanks that way lol..I gotta say..without giving too much away..Baz Luhrmann nailed that last performance of Elvis..they way he did it very emotional.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mr 95% is a gentleman brother. Always has been a gentlemen and always will be. Much respect to him.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Come to one of my masses and you will hear the Words of God in the language Christ spoke.

PS I'm sure even you Catholics love my Bishop, Mar Mari Emmanuel, he is known world wide.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was pretty good..Austin Butler is superb acting and singing the early Elvis songs himself..they blended the older voice of Elvis with his because it changed., Yeah Tom Parker what a grub..pity he came across his path.. i found it hard though thinking of Tom Hanks that way lol..I gotta say..without giving too much away..Baz Luhrmann nailed that last performance of Elvis..they way he did it very emotional.
Yeah Austin Butler sang himself. Extraordinary. Baz did an awesome job on this one. Should be up there for an academy award.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score