Movie Discussion

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Spiderhead, meh could see what they were trying to do but missed the mark.if done right could of made a really good TV series

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I watched the first episode of Black Bird on Apple TV last night & it looks like it will be pretty good. I didn’t know if I could take the fat bloke from Cobra Kai seriously as a serial killer but he plays that dopey weirdo character pretty well

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched two series recently:

Resident Evil

Pretty average. Gets better later on but still not great. Way too much filler and there's some really stupid scenes that just make you want to turn it off.

The Man Who Fell to Earth

Good show so far. Based on a novel. I'm only 4 episodes in and I'm enjoying it, but it already feels like it could have been a movie. They're really stretching some stuff out.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Probs been mentioned already but I saw the new TOPGUN last night. Easily the best flick at the movies I have seen in a long time and well worth the wait. Full of cliche's and USA hype but just wow to the action footage.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Went to see a couple of movies this last fortnight. First was the newest Jurassic Park. The storylines in most of this series all pretty much centre on the same theme. Someone wants to make mega money off dinosaurs in an unethical way. Dinosaurs defy technology to control them, innocents running for their lives. In the end the story lines might be similar, but they generally do a good job of making the dinosaurs look good. Overall not a bad movie.

Second movie I saw was Thor- love and thunder. I wasn't expecting a lot, but was pleasantly surprised that the comic moments in the movie had me laughing frequently from about 5 minutes in. I can't recall much that Taika Waititi has directed that I haven't enjoyed. Well worth the ticket price.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not new but I finally watched Chips the other day, found myself having a good laugh often throughout.Good light entertaining flick plus I like the lead actors.
Another B or independent classed movie The Avengement kind of in the kick ass genre Guy Ritchie created back in the day, its very violent and the lead bloke who isnt a prominent actor(to me anyway)Scott Adkins pulls off the revenge play well.Got an R rating for said impactful violence :hearteyes: Worth a watch I thought(only runs 90 mins), I have spotted another one of his i'll watch soon too.

Thanks to Hacky for the headsup re: Resdent Evil I was sceptical but may not bother starting it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Went to see a couple of movies this last fortnight. First was the newest Jurassic Park. The storylines in most of this series all pretty much centre on the same theme. Someone wants to make mega money off dinosaurs in an unethical way. Dinosaurs defy technology to control them, innocents running for their lives. In the end the story lines might be similar, but they generally do a good job of making the dinosaurs look good. Overall not a bad movie.

Second movie I saw was Thor- love and thunder. I wasn't expecting a lot, but was pleasantly surprised that the comic moments in the movie had me laughing frequently from about 5 minutes in. I can't recall much that Taika Waititi has directed that I haven't enjoyed. Well worth the ticket price.
Thor Love and Thunder got really mixed reviews but I enjoyed it. I think many hated that it really didn't take itself serious at all, but that made it more fun. It's a good break from the standard Marvel movies.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thor Love and Thunder got really mixed reviews but I enjoyed it. I think many hated that it really didn't take itself serious at all, but that made it more fun. It's a good break from the standard Marvel movies.
The comic aspect of it is what mostly made it stand out for me. They've inundated the world with Marvel movies in the last few years to the point where they've gotten a bit formulaic.

- Super villain appears, kicks heroes ass.
- Hero trains hard or recruits allies.
- Hero has to overcome doubt/tension that's disrupting teamwork.
- Breakthrough moment where hero or team of heroes pull things together.
- Hero/team defy odds to beat super villain.

While this largely followed that formula, as you said it didn't take itself all that seriously while doing it.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Alright..I’m gunna admit something..and Mr95% always be truthful..well most of the time!

I watched a French movie called Friendzone on Netflix.. a romantic comedy.. Yeah I was drawn to it because the girl was hot and I was fast forwarding it in the hope for some nudity (there wasn’t any..apart from the blokes hairy bum) ..than I slowed it down to its proper speed …and than low and behold I was watching it, and getting into the story, and smiling..it had me rooting for the bloke to get the girl (heck I wish I was rooting for the bloke..she was a babe) And yep it was predictable, and yep it wasn’t something that would inspire you to think... but it was an afternoon to just chill..and make you wanna pork your partner, your girlfriend, your boyfriend, your wife, or your husband..even the next door neighbour..this is it! I’ll just have to settle for my hand..well I can’t even do that..lol!

So if wanna watch a movie..or if you know some one who wants to spend time on a movie that makes you not think to much.. but puts a little smile on your face this is it..

6.5 /10

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Series not a movie but I'm watching Mindhunter on Netflix atm and reckon it's quite ok, there are 2 seasons..my guilty confession is I have had a thing for Anna Torv for ages, she is sneakily fucking sexy and comes across as a very classy woman..gets her lesbian side on in this show but nothing hard-core(unfortunately).

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Thor love and thunder was woeful , Ragnarok was ten times better

top gun - good , amazing acting … also check out Tom cruises face of half moves haha bit too much Botox in the take off scenes

heard The grey man , which is out today is decent

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Here is a trailer of the up coming Lord of the Rings: Ring of Power series on Prime Video..looks great.. the production costs of these tv series must rival a big budget movie.. There must be so much money in streaming services these days....

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched the first episode of Black Bird on Apple TV last night & it looks like it will be pretty good. I didn’t know if I could take the fat bloke from Cobra Kai seriously as a serial killer but he plays that dopey weirdo character pretty well
talented actor... he is also in "Kingdom" (MMA) where he plays a slow, weird guy who can get violent... so, acting a serial killer is within his range

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a trailer of the up coming Lord of the Rings: Ring of Power series on Prime Video..looks great.. the production costs of these tv series must rival a big budget movie.. There must be so much money in streaming services these days....

Amazon Prime is bankrolled by Jeff Bezos and he wanted a "Game of Thrones" style phenomenon and hence, Prime has spent hundreds of millions on "The Wheel of Time" and the rights to Tolkien's "Silmarillion"

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This movie looks sick and I can’t wait for it to come out

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never watched Silence of the Lambs until last night, it was on TV so just rolled with it.

Now I finally get this reference, fucking classic old mate agreed to do that on set.
I watched "Silence of the Lambs" as a kid... took me years before I watched another Anthony Hopkins film... even something like "Remains of the Day", for example, I would just assume Hopkins would chew Emma Thompson's face off

Jodie Foster... great actress

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Amazon Prime is bankrolled by Jeff Bezos and he wanted a "Game of Thrones" style phenomenon and hence, Prime has spent hundreds of millions on "The Wheel of Time" and the rights to Tolkien's "Silmarillion"
Thanks for that..how interesting!