Movie Discussion

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Underwater

Take the first two Alien movies, put them underwater, replace Sigourney Weaver with Eminem during his angsty 15 year old girl phase, make the acting much, much worse, throw up on it a bit, then you have Underwater.

This is about as formulaic as you can get for a movie. Highly predictable, provides no setup at all. Honestly it felt like the first half of the movie was cut out. And it's just really bloody boring.

And to make things worse, the ending hints that it's setting up for a prequel or setting up its own Universe (King Kong style), but in the end it's just a crap movie that's not worth the watch

2/10

(1 point for the cool looking Chthulu)

PS; if I ever have to see Kristen Stewart in her underwear again, I'm removing my eyes
Do you get a good look at Cthulhu?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Underwater

Take the first two Alien movies, put them underwater, replace Sigourney Weaver with Eminem during his angsty 15 year old girl phase, make the acting much, much worse, throw up on it a bit, then you have Underwater.

This is about as formulaic as you can get for a movie. Highly predictable, provides no setup at all. Honestly it felt like the first half of the movie was cut out. And it's just really bloody boring.

And to make things worse, the ending hints that it's setting up for a prequel or setting up its own Universe (King Kong style), but in the end it's just a crap movie that's not worth the watch

2/10

(1 point for the cool looking Chthulu)

PS; if I ever have to see Kristen Stewart in her underwear again, I'm removing my eyes
I mean, I wasn't going to watch it anyway because it's a Kristen Stewart movie but you just confirmed my belief that the movie was going to be bad.

I think the only movie I've watched and some what liked with her in it, and I try my hardest not to watch her in movies if I can, was American Ultra

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I mean, I wasn't going to watch it anyway because it's a Kristen Stewart movie but you just confirmed my belief that the movie was going to be bad.

I think the only movie I've watched and some what liked with her in it, and I try my hardest not to watch her in movies if I can, was American Ultra
Agreed. I enjoyed American Ultra but I honestly can't think of another movie she was in that was half decent.

Funny thing about American Ultra is that I really dislike both the main actors, but I enjoyed the movie.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Snowpiercer

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6156584/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Seven years after the world has become a frozen wasteland, the remnants of humanity inhabit a perpetually-moving train that circles the globe, where class warfare, social injustice and the politics of survival play out.

If anyone here has heard of the tv series on Netflix, this is the movie it's based on. As you would expect whenever something is remade, they change a few things around in it, and it's no exception that this movie has some great ideas changed around by the tv show. Having said that there are a lot of similarities. I highly recommend this movie to anyone who's watched the show or is considering watching it. There is quite a lot of action as well considering it's all set in a train.

7/10
I watched this when it first came out and I didn't think too much of it at the time. Then I went back a few years later and watched it again and the movie really grew on me. But that pretty much sums up any Bong Joon-ho movie. They're so full of subtlety that you can't truly appreciate them until you've looked deeper into them.

Side note, if you haven't seen this, watch it. It's ridiculous but it really blows your mind.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I watched this when it first came out and I didn't think too much of it at the time. Then I went back a few years later and watched it again and the movie really grew on me. But that pretty much sums up any Bong Joon-ho movie. They're so full of subtlety that you can't truly appreciate them until you've looked deeper into them.

Side note, if you haven't seen this, watch it. It's ridiculous but it really blows your mind.

Wow, some good things are pointed out there that you wouldn’t expect.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow, some good things are pointed out there that you wouldn’t expect.
Yeah. It's still pretty ridiculous but cool nonetheless. There's also a second video that goes even more in depth.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I enjoyed American Ultra but I honestly can't think of another movie she was in that was half decent.

Funny thing about American Ultra is that I really dislike both the main actors, but I enjoyed the movie.
Yeah that's what I was saying too, I honestly can't think of one.

Funny you mention your dislike of both actors in American Ultra, I feel the same way.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The belated 3rd movie in the Bill and Ted series..Bill and Ted Face the Music ..looks most excellent dudes.

This looks pretty good too.. David Keopp and Kevin Bacon after their last really good collaboration movie..Stir of Echos.. team up again..for another spooky movie.. You Should Have Left..

Wahesh

Reaction score
Pixels

upload_2020-6-15_9-13-57.png

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2120120/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

When aliens misinterpret video feeds of classic arcade games as a declaration of war, they attack the Earth in the form of the video games.

I watched this over a yea ago, so it was time for a revisit. This is one of those movies that's so bad, it's good. Many of the classic games are referenced in this such as Asteroids, Pac-Man, Space Invaders, and Donkey Kong. It starts at perhaps the golden age for video arcades which is the (US) Summer of 1982 and shows us what arcades were like back then before fast-forwarding to the present showing us what life is like now.

Very funny at times, but nothing more than a flick to pass the time. I would've given it a higher score had Sega and Atari games been referenced in it.

7/10.

Wahesh

Reaction score
London Has Fallen

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3300542/

In London for the Prime Minister's funeral, Mike Banning is caught up in a plot to assassinate all the attending world leaders.

Saw this movie for the 3rd or 4th time over the weekend - becoming a guilty pleasure of mine. This is not that bad. It's an action-block buster that's about assassinating the US President for authorising a drone-strike on a wanted arms dealer which missed said arms dealer, however killed his daughter. It was a terrorist attack 2 years in the making.

What I liked about this movie is that they are not afraid to venture into areas of PC by labeling them as terrorists (although where exactly they are from is not specified), and there are some great action scenes in the movie. I recall one time towards the end we see 1 camera focus on the action area for about a minute, no camera angle swaps, nothing, one camera following the action. It was brilliantly done. Great action movie if you're into it.

8/10.

Wahesh

Reaction score
365 Days

Capture.JPG

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10886166/

Massimo is a member of the Sicilian Mafia family and Laura is a sales director. She does not expect that on a trip to Sicily trying to save her relationship, Massimo will kidnap her and give her 365 days to fall in love with him.

The movie is set in Italy and Massimo is Italian, while Laura is Polish - don't let that fool you though, the majority of the movie is spoken in English as it's the common language they both know. While Massimo kidnaps Laura, he wants her to fall in love with him and gives her 365 days to do so. The beginning of the is mainly sexual tension between the two, you can see that they want to do it, but Laura's pride stands in the way. Then around the halfway point, it begins. The two have sex, lots of sex, sex for hours, and it continues for the most part of the movie. I'm not going to ruin the ending, but it feels like the ending is left open (for the sequel which is currently on hold because of Covid-19) but it will be interesting to see how the sequel plays out.

6½/10

Last edited:

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bad Education - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_Education_(2019_film)

Bad Education is a 2019 American dark comedy-drama film directed by Cory Finley and written by Mike Makowsky. The film is based on the true story of the largest public school embezzlement in American history.[1] It was adapted from an article in New York magazine by Robert Kolker.[2] It features an ensemble cast, including Hugh Jackman, Allison Janney, Geraldine Viswanathan, Alex Wolff, Rafael Casal, Stephen Spinella, Annaleigh Ashford and Ray Romano.

Jackman was brilliant, you never new his character until the end of he film. Janney was equally good but you knew what she was up too all along. The fact is was based on a true story made me watch it till the end, only because they keep the entire sum of the embezzlement for the credits.

6.5/10.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Bad Education - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_Education_(2019_film)

Bad Education is a 2019 American dark comedy-drama film directed by Cory Finley and written by Mike Makowsky. The film is based on the true story of the largest public school embezzlement in American history.[1] It was adapted from an article in New York magazine by Robert Kolker.[2] It features an ensemble cast, including Hugh Jackman, Allison Janney, Geraldine Viswanathan, Alex Wolff, Rafael Casal, Stephen Spinella, Annaleigh Ashford and Ray Romano.

Jackman was brilliant, you never new his character until the end of he film. Janney was equally good but you knew what she was up too all along. The fact is was based on a true story made me watch it till the end, only because they keep the entire sum of the embezzlement for the credits.

6.5/10.
Sounds good. Is this on Netflix? If so might give it a watch.

Wahesh

Reaction score
He's Out There

Untitled.png

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4052050/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

On vacation at a remote lake house, a mother and her two young daughters must fight for survival after falling into a terrifying and bizarre nightmare conceived by a psychopath.

So the mother and he two daughters, both under 10, must escape the house due to Johnny hunting them. I mean horror movies are meant to be scary, but this one was very predictable. Everytime the mother tried to escape the house, Johnny would do something to scare them back inside, then come hunting for them. Johnny thinks he's done enough to kill the mother, but she recovers and turns the hunter into the hunted.

Meh... Netflix horror movies are comical these days.

4/10

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's Out There

View attachment 15388

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4052050/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

On vacation at a remote lake house, a mother and her two young daughters must fight for survival after falling into a terrifying and bizarre nightmare conceived by a psychopath.

So the mother and he two daughters, both under 10, must escape the house due to Johnny hunting them. I mean horror movies are meant to be scary, but this one was very predictable. Everytime the mother tried to escape the house, Johnny would do something to scare them back inside, then come hunting for them. Johnny thinks he's done enough to kill the mother, but she recovers and turns the hunter into the hunted.

Meh... Netflix horror movies are comical these days.

4/10
It looks like a comedic version of Friday the thirteenth