Movie Discussion

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I enjoyed Aquaman 'cause it was dumb fun. And Mamoa plays the character well. He's basically a complete prick who treats people like trash and doesn't care.

Man of Steel was awesome though. Other than that stupid dad scene
The tornado “lesson”? Lol yeah it wasn’t the greatest thing but I understood it as, Clark you ain’t a saviour ****, don’t ever forget Christ is the only lord and saviour.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I met Mamoa a while back. Top bloke but he's basically exactly like his Aquaman character, just more of a smart arse. Cracks jokes about everything but he also messes with people just for the fun of it.
Didn’t he have a meltdown over plastic bottles lol.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Honest trailer’s do Man of Steel

ps.. do you know what really annoyed me about Man of Steel.. the way Jor-El called him Kal..I know it is short for Kal-El..and they are from the House of El.. but did anyone call Jor-El, Jor???? See they try to be cute.. Just end up not making sense..It’s only minor.. but things like that..lack of scrutiny and logic..make it a shit movie.. Don’t get me started on Krypton and that pointless natural bullshit..

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Vegas Vacation

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120434/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

In the fourth outing for the vacation franchise, the Griswolds have to survive Vegas fever when they go to Las Vegas for a fun family vacation.

I watched this movie again last night after reviewing it late last year. This movie is quite hilarious in every way. In a nutshell, Clark gets addicted to gambling throughout the movie losing tens of thousands of dollars, and must find a way to get his family back home after he cashed-in their airline tickets, all while Ellen is seeing Wayne Newton, Rusty becomes a posse leader due to his lucky rolling of the dice winning cars along the way, and Audrey goes out dancing.

A funny flick, and while it's meant to be a family vacation movie of sorts, it's best to keep the kids far from the screen on this occasion.

8/10.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Planting this here as a reminder for me to review Night School, Deadly Switch, and Richie Rich.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Night School

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6781982/

A group of high school dropouts are forced to attend night school in hope that they'll pass the GED exam to finish high school.

A typical Kevin Hart movie. Teddy is a high school dropout who has turned his life around and is working as a successful BBQ salesman. Upon proposing to his girlfriend at his shop, a gas tank explodes and turns his life upside down. He must go back to school by taking adult night school classes in order to get his GED, and graduate so he can take on a new job. The road to get there is hilarious.

It has a few funny moments that you would expect to see in a Kevin Hart movie.

6½/10

Wahesh

Reaction score
Deadly Switch

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8354582/

When a foreign exchange student, Ana (Hayley McLaughlin), studying abroad in America becomes the target of a dangerous stalker, she accepts the invitation to move in with her roommate's family in their idyllic town.

After a while, Ana learns that her room mates sister died in a car accident, and Ana resembles her greatly. What Ana doesn't realise is that she is the person who her family see as the ideal replacement for the deceased sister, and no one will let her escape or leave the town.

A pretty spooky midday movie that has the necessary twist at the end of it.

5/10

Wahesh

Reaction score
Ri¢hie Ri¢h

upload_2020-5-25_9-2-31.png

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110989/

A rich young boy finds his family targeted in an inside job and must use his cunning to save them.

Well this one takes me back to my childhood. Richie's parents are the targets of an evil employee and he attempts to kill them by blowing up their aeroplane as the fly to meet the Queen. Richie however stays behind and with the help of his friends and loyal butler, fights to save his fathers empire by running the business (with great results), locating his parents who survived the plane going down, and taking back his home.

Quite a funny movie and gives you an insight as to what it would've been like to be the worlds richest kid in the 90s.

8/10

Wahesh

Reaction score
The Delivery Boy

2020-05-25_9-15-32.jpg

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8541826/

A runaway, teenage, suicide bomber and his newfound ally, a young prostitute, must rely on each other to survive the night while searching for answers to the terrible secrets that made them who they are.

If you are going to watch this movie, be sure to have the subtitles on, because it's hard to make out what's going on given that it's spoken in 3 different languages - English being one of them. Seriously I've never watched a movie so mixed in dialect before. A character would start a sentence in one language, change to English halfway through it, then revert back to the original to finish it off. If you follow this movie closely, it's something about a boy who wants to kill his foster father and in the process give a prostitute who's willing to take the boy to him enough money to pay for her brother surgery. The whole thing though is very poorly executed.

3/10

Wahesh

Reaction score
The Call

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1911644/

When a veteran 911 operator takes a life-altering call from a teenage girl who has just been abducted, she realizes that she must confront a killer from her past in order to save the girl's life.

6 months after botching an emergency 911 call that resulted in a teenager being killed by an intruder, Jordan Turner (Halle Berry) gets moved from operator to trainer. At the end of a training session, she witnesses her colleague unable to take control of an emergency the has the original intruder from 6 month ago return and abduct another teenage girl. Jordan's link with the original crime sees her more determined than ever to ensure that history does not repeat itself. It was a good movie however I think the ending required a bit more closure.

Pretty decent movie considering it's from WWE studios. It also stars Morris Chestnut and David Otunga (former WWE wrestler).

6/10

Wahesh

Reaction score
Bad Boys

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112442/

Two hip detectives protect a witness to a murder while investigating a case of stolen heroin from the evidence storage room from their police precinct.

Will Smith's first blockbuster movie. Previously I had only ever seen this movie once, and that's when a mate wanted me to go and see Bad Boys 2. Seeing as I hadn't seen the first one, he hired it on VHS (lol) and a few days later, we went to the cinema to watch the sequel. Now this movie takes me back to 1995, which arguable was probably one of my better years. I loved how things were back then - no phones, and movies were all about fast cars, bullets, and hot women - and this women had all them. Martin Lawrence was pretty damn funny "I had to sleep on my couch. I wake up this morning, I got a Power Ranger stuck up my ass." :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: A great movie with an awesome cast - what a Buddy Cop movie is all about.

8/10

Wahesh

Reaction score
Bad Boys II

Capture.JPG

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0172156/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Two loose-cannon narcotics cops investigate the flow of Ecstasy into Florida from a Cuban drug cartel.

Given both movies are currently on Netflix, there was never going to be a case of seeing the first without seeing the sequel. Prior to watching this, I had only ever seen it once, and that was in the cinema 17 years ago. I really didn't want to see it, because really all that happened was the same as the first movie except on a much large scale. More cars, more bullets, more explosions, higher body count - Michael (Will Smith) getting on Marcus's (Martin Lawrence) nerves constantly was also tiring to listen to - and it was also set in Miami. The only part of this movie I really liked was the final action seen. Apart from that it was pretty ordinary, and I quickly remember why I hadn't seen it since the cinemas. It was pretty grotty as well and there was a lot of swearing in this. Martin Lawrence was funnier than Will Smith in this movie though - I'll give it that.

5/10

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boys N the Hood is a good movie, but the movies in the video clip were Scarface obviously, Training Day and Menace II Society, which is pretty much another Boys N the Hood movie.
Larenz Tate was epic in that movie! Though MC Eight’s acting was crap lol. Great movie nonetheless. One of my fav’s

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Larenz Tate was epic in that movie! Though MC Eight’s acting was crap lol. Great movie nonetheless. One of my fav’s
It's one of my OG favourites from back in the day when I was a teenager and all into the hip hop/gangsta rap. Got it in my dvd collection along with a heap of my other gangsta/hood movies.

Fun fact that you may already know but 2Pac was originally going to be in Menace II Society but he beat up the one of the directors (Hughes brothers)

On another note, Boyz N the Hood I watched this interesting video about one of the actors from the movie.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's one of my OG favourites from back in the day when I was a teenager and all into the hip hop/gangsta rap. Got it in my dvd collection along with a heap of my other gangsta/hood movies.

Fun fact that you may already know but 2Pac was originally going to be in Menace II Society but he beat up the one of the directors (Hughes brothers)

On another note, Boyz N the Hood I watched this interesting video about one of the actors from the movie.
That’s an interesting vid. He really fell off the rails.

Yeah the Tupac confrontation with the Hughes boys is well documented.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
That’s an interesting vid. He really fell off the rails.

Yeah the Tupac confrontation with the Hughes boys is well documented.
He really embodied the part of being a gang banger after Boyz N the Hood. A lot of shit went down, him included.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Whoa.. What a waste of talent and life..