Moses to play final game against Titans - Mbye Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
I’m excited. Kinda like when it’s your birthday as a kid and all the relos give you cash because you’re too old for toys. Let’s go fucking shopppping!!!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This makes me sad. Who's going to play mediocre football because they couldn't be bothered breaking a sweat while singing their own praises in the media and blaming the coaching staff for their lack of skill development. Lichaa can probably apportion the blaming others for the lack of skill development. But the media aren't fawning over him quite as much.

I'm not going to get excited until the club confirms he's departing early. There have already been a few rumours shot down today, so given that it's seemingly a slow news day, it might just be another made up bit of nonsense. No use getting excited till there is confirmation.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If woods, Foran , mbye, Eastwood and Morris bros go it will feel a lot like 2009 again, no one gave us a chance . We had up and comers and new faces who finally got the chance at full time first grade positions .. Hannant, Morris, Ennis etc

So glad this board is moving these guys on, sooner the better

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If woods, Foran , mbye, Eastwood and Morris bros go it will feel a lot like 2009 again, no one gave us a chance . We had up and comers and new faces who finally got the chance at full time first grade positions .. Hannant, Morris, Ennis etc

So glad this board is moving these guys on, sooner the better
The players we got for 2009 were established first graders and origin players and kiwi internationals...

We have none of that coming next year so no way does it feel like 2009. More of the same as this year and last year more like it

Matilida

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The way Mbye carries on it is like he is a club legend.

At the end of the day he has not fulfilled his potential, has not represented his state, and basically cannot find a position that he excels so it is better he leave now so we do not have to pay him anymore this year.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The way Mbye carries on it is like he is a club legend.

At the end of the day he has not fulfilled his potential, has not represented his state, and basically cannot find a position that he excels so it is better he leave now so we do not have to pay him anymore this year.
What do you expect in his first year at fullback, I think he is on the improve and his treatment is fucken rude.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just like every other dogs player Mbye is ridiculously overrated. Watching johnson play tonight makes me happy about moses leaving because i have not seen anything like that from Mbye. Mbye has speed but doesn't know how to use it. He doesn't back up, can't run in to gaps and clearly can't set up anything in attack. I still can't believe he couldn't score after olive made a break 2 weeks ago and bmoz's line break last week. Useless. Cya
Klem and JJ over rated please wake up mate and don't insult all our players, BTW most aren't even rated at all.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank god happy to see the back of moses,yes he can run but does not give a shit about the club only money and his lack of effort in the last line of defence is appalling

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Official from the Club:

Moses Mbye to bid farewell to the Bulldogs at Belmore this Saturday

Moses Mbye will play his final match for the Bulldogs against the Gold Coast Titans at Belmore this Saturday.

Mbye will then join the Wests Tigers for the rest of the season ahead of the June 30 deadline.

He goes into the Titans match having played 93 NRL matches for the Bulldogs, including 16 tries.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill congratulated Mbye on his time with the club:

"I'd like to firstly congratulate Moses on his career with the Bulldogs and wish him all the best for the next stage of his career. Seeing players leave is always difficult, but both parties thought that the timing was right to make the decision now so that we are able to give Moses the chance to say goodbye to the fans at Belmore on Saturday."

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If he signs the transfer Friday I don't want him playing Saturday...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m excited. Kinda like when it’s your birthday as a kid and all the relos give you cash because you’re too old for toys. Let’s go fucking shopppping!!!
You reminded me of Tony Barber on Sale of the Century...

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Official from the Club:

Moses Mbye to bid farewell to the Bulldogs at Belmore this Saturday

Moses Mbye will play his final match for the Bulldogs against the Gold Coast Titans at Belmore this Saturday.

Mbye will then join the Wests Tigers for the rest of the season ahead of the June 30 deadline.

He goes into the Titans match having played 93 NRL matches for the Bulldogs, including 16 tries.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill congratulated Mbye on his time with the club:

"I'd like to firstly congratulate Moses on his career with the Bulldogs and wish him all the best for the next stage of his career. Seeing players leave is always difficult, but both parties thought that the timing was right to make the decision now so that we are able to give Moses the chance to say goodbye to the fans at Belmore on Saturday."
Now that he’s gone, Lewis should be brought in to the 30.

fr333k

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Agreed with all the above. L.Lewis in 1 is a no brainer, I see a lot of potential. He may not play better than Mbye, but I think he will equal him no problem.

Mbye was not worth his money at all. He never showed anything worth that much, I was genuinely surprised when tigers signed him at the $$$ they did.
They signed Reynolds on big money too...so doesnt surprise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.