Moses Mbye signs with Wests Tigers on four-year deal after getting release from Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just think our halfs are too bloody slow and are not creative or threatening enough. Doesn't help Mbye as well. Where is Brent Sherwin? Bring him back to teach these kids how it's done.
C Dawg welcome to the kennel Bro.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just think our halfs are too bloody slow and are not creative or threatening enough. Doesn't help Mbye as well. Where is Brent Sherwin? Bring him back to teach these kids how it's done.
Shifty is coaching in the lower grades but not sure if he has anything to do with first grade.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Anyone would think Mbye banged your girlfriends with the way some of you strange ***** are bashing him.

Yeah you’re right he should have accepted less than what the club offered him the other year. How dare he sign at the drop of a hat as it’s been portrayed.

It’s a miracle some of you remember to breathe.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
I've never been an Mbye fan and Marley and I have argued about his ability for a while but it is very disappointing that just when Mbye was starting to realise his potential, he's going. I admit I have been very impressed by his transition to fullback and think he has been our best back by a long way and perhaps our best player this year. It is disappointing to be losing him when he is only now starting to live up to the previous hype.

Having said that, he was on far too much money for what he produced over the last two years. It's not his fault what he was paid but it's clearly the fault of the inept management that signed him.

I think we are going to be burnt by losing Mbye but unfortunately, there is little other choice we have.

Foran is not saleable - can I liken it to asking who the hell is going to buy a beat up Ferrari 360 with 500,000 k's on the clock when they could pay the same money or less for a new 488 Speciale? No club in their right mind would go anywhere near Foran at any price. The only others we can get rid of for the sort of money we are paying them are Klemmer and Jacko but they can't be let go under any circumstances. Even if we offload Woods, we will probably have to fund at least 50% of his contract next year and maybe even beyond. Tough times ahead.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The dogs are definitely paying something. Mybe cannot sign for any less that what he is on. Basically the dogs are paying the difference between his contract value and todays market value which is roughly 200 to 250K. Think of it as a capital loss.

The same will happen for Woods if he gets offloaded.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If i knew where you got your info from then i'd ask them why they're telling you lies lol.
So you are right 99%, but my sources who are 100% are lying to me as you say and you don't even know me or who my source is.
How can you be so sure I'm getting false information. Man!..you are one prideful human creature.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The dogs are definitely paying something. Mybe cannot sign for any less that what he is on. Basically the dogs are paying the difference between his contract value and todays market value which is roughly 200 to 250K. Think of it as a capital loss.

The same will happen for Woods if he gets offloaded.

Woods is another story. I can't comment on Woods apart of what I'm hearing on the media.

I can tell you we are not paying for Mbye next year.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Having said that, he was on far too much money for what he produced over the last two years. It's not his fault what he was paid but it's clearly the fault of the inept management that signed him.

Foran is not saleable -

Even if we offload Woods, we will probably have to fund at least 50% of his contract next year and maybe even beyond. Tough times ahead.
Honestly you cannot blame management 100%. He was a hot commodity when his contract expired and his management knew it and exploited it.

Foran is definitely not saleable unless dogs foot a big part of the bill, but there isnt a club desperate enough or in need. Perhaps the Knights last year but look at every single team and think about where he could get a spot. Look at the bottom 8. Maybe Titans? No to Eels, Cowboys, Eagles, Knights, Raiders or Broncos. Actually Bulldogs is the perfect fit without any halves...So if hes not good here, he cant go anywhere.

Woods should be an easy sell. Just catch a ball and run hard and tackle.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I can tell you we are not paying for Mbye next year.
Your sauce is feeding you lies. The reason they are telling you this is to save face.

At the end of the day its a moot point as the goal was to reduce the cap and we have done so. Fighting over 200K is utimately not worth debating on. But just know that a lot of what you may be told is lies to cover up bad management.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True just tell him to grow his hair! Was the only thing he was good at...it wasn't playing football! Just sell him as the bloke with good hair to promote memberships!

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
True just tell him to grow his hair! Was the only thing he was good at...it wasn't playing football!
NRL is a very closed group of professionals. The number of numpties you see in league with skills but no brains how to use them is amazing.

Mbye would of been a hardsell but you have clubs like Tigers willing to take that huge risk for a key position which Mybe has not done well in.

Forwards are easy to sell. Knights are keen. Just down to numbers.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
Honestly you cannot blame management 100%. He was a hot commodity when his contract expired and his management knew it and exploited it.

Foran is definitely not saleable unless dogs foot a big part of the bill, but there isnt a club desperate enough or in need. Perhaps the Knights last year but look at every single team and think about where he could get a spot. Look at the bottom 8. Maybe Titans? No to Eels, Cowboys, Eagles, Knights, Raiders or Broncos. Actually Bulldogs is the perfect fit without any halves...So if hes not good here, he cant go anywhere.

"hot commodity" - You can't be serious. He was a bog average half back having been given every chance to impress.

He was re-signed on an absolutely massive deal for four years having shown absolutely nothing at half back before we went out with a whimper to the Panthers in 2016. In no way, shape or form was Mbye a "hot commodity" at the time.

There was no-one other than the Coach and Management to blame for that extra-ordinary decision.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Your sauce is feeding you lies. The reason they are telling you this is to save face.

At the end of the day its a moot point as the goal was to reduce the cap and we have done so. Fighting over 200K is utimately not worth debating on. But just know that a lot of what you may be told is lies to cover up bad management.
How is it a cover up for bad management. If we're paying a SMALL amount to get rid of Mybe, it's still good mangement compard to what were paying Graham.
I agree, no use and not worth debating over $200K or even $0 for that matter.
I wouldn't post crap on here if I wasn't 100%. That's not my style.
I've known my source for 25 years, they were even a guest at my wedding. They wouldn't lie to me.

But anyway who cares, if some on here choose not to accept truth because of their big egos. I couldn't give a rats arse to be honest.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So you are right 99%, but my sources who are 100% are lying to me as you say and you don't even know me or who my source is.
How can you be so sure I'm getting false information. Man!..you are one prideful human creature.
Your source isn't 100%. Has he flat out showed you the paperwork that says we aren't paying a cent? I doubt it. And i don't need to know who you or your source is, i have 2 from different sides of the deal that have told me basically the same thing.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
"hot commodity" - You can't be serious. He was a bog average half back having been given every chance to impress.

He was re-signed on an absolutely massive deal for four years having shown absolutely nothing at half back before we went out with a whimper to the Panthers in 2016. In no way, shape or form was Mbye a "hot commodity" at the time.
Yes he was signed on potential. The NRL community is fairly insular. He had wraps on him from those in the industry. He was labeled a future JT. I can't recall much backlash from his signing in 2016. Failed in 2017 and that's when the fans turned.

Go back and look at your posts in 2016 and see if you were deathriding this signing.

Easy to sit back now and criticise but at the time he was indeed hot.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Here look at this quote from you:

Mbye is yet to prove himself but I think he deserves more time. He's not a halfback though.

Elgey should be the target.

Unfortunately, I don't think Reynolds is the answer to our prayers. I hope he proves me wrong.
He had not proved himself and you were right that he wasnt a halfback. But he needed to be signed up and his own management timed it spot on. Him and Klemmer were deemed the future.

But look at this pearler...

Elgey. Where is he today? :p

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
Yes he was signed on potential. The NRL community is fairly insular. He had wraps on him from those in the industry. He was labeled a future JT. I can't recall much backlash from his signing in 2016. Failed in 2017 and that's when the fans turned.

Go back and look at your posts in 2016 and see if you were deathriding this signing.

Easy to sit back now and criticise but at the time he was indeed hot.
If I knew how to go back to my posts, I would but I am a dinosaur.

I thought it was wrong at the time and have never changed my tune. I remember likening him to Ben Roberts. As for others, I don't know what they thought.

I don't think many outside our club thought he was a future JT having seen him consistently struggle in 2015 and 2016. But we can disagree about that.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Your source isn't 100%. Has he flat out showed you the paperwork that says we aren't paying a cent? I doubt it. And i don't need to know who you or your source is, i have 2 from different sides of the deal that have told me basically the same thing.
That makes two of us who know 2 from different side of the deal. The one at the tigers is actually a relative of mine.
But that shouldn't be any of your business anyway sex boy.
Anyway I don't give two hoots, I don't even know you from a bar of soap.
See ya

Status
Not open for further replies.