Morris twins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malla

Reaction score
It's over for them.

Not the same, they aren't as strong and quick as they used to be. Brett still is a very classy finisher, and Josh is still a good defender, but aside from that they are average at best.

We should try and move them end of this season. So many better backs out there that can come for so much cheaper.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TBH they are definitely not the players they were several years ago- but I have been mildly impressed with J Mozs' output. He's definitely trying, getting decent enough early ball. Just a shame he hogs it from his brother too much.

Still think we need both of them for at least another year. You can't say they're holding back our backline, considering if B Moz was gone, in come Holland...

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The combination is good for us. They would be more effective if they were given early ball; and if they didn't have to run back and chase poor passes.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
They are cooked imagine what they are going to be like at the end of next year when their contracts run out. They have lost their biggest weapon in their pace but they still play like they do. Jmoz continues to try and beat a man on his outside and just isn't fast enough.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
J Moz is having consistently better year tbh

Get your point lost his speed

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
They are very average these days. The amount of times Brett gets caught by the marker when running from dh is ridiculous. Even when hitting it up from our own half they are still poor and get smashed. They just stand next to the dh and run/jog sideways into the defence...then again so do our forwards lol.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who do we have to take their spot? Guns like Holland, Kennar...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not too much that could have been done by that kick and chase last night. It was just timed to perfection.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I always laugh when both try and do skilful things like when Josh tried the tap on that went into touch.

Neither are worth anywhere near what they're on and both are nowhere near as quick or athletic as they once were.

Both still try their hearts out and are good defenders but at a combined 1.5 million or so per season they're only just slightly overpaid...But that's what happens when you let a madman sign cheques.

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Josh Morris has been our most consistent and WITH BETTER HALVES and a BETTER GAMEPLAN with more early ball he can still be effective. Same goes with BMoz. At fullback Moz still looked like he had pace too.

They're not our issue. It's our halves but to a greater extent Des Hasler's useless gameplan.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
MOZZLE Twins must see out their contract. They still have alot to offer, ultimate professionals on the field and give 100%. You can see the frustration written on their faces out there.

I say keep them but don't re-sign them on big money, they are the least of the problems with this side. In fact they are the most consistent performers up there with Klemmer & Jackson.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Signing any outside back over 29 for longer then 2 years is crazy they can fall off a cliff at anytime.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Let them see out their contracts but do not re-sign them under any circumstances.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thy definitely are a victim of their environment and would play much better at another club.

But you just know if Hasler is still in charge he'll keep the whole band and family together and re-sign them at 3 times their market value for backended four year deals..

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not too much that could have been done by that kick and chase last night. It was just timed to perfection.
dislike Parramatta with a passion but, I must agree that was a very good try!

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's over for them.

Not the same, they aren't as strong and quick as they used to be. Brett still is a very classy finisher, and Josh is still a good defender, but aside from that they are average at best.

We should try and move them end of this season. So many better backs out there that can come for so much cheaper.
I'm glad you started this thread Malla, because it saved me from doing it. Before the game my thoughts about the Mozzles were pretty much the same as yours but that beautiful try by Parra's winger Bevan French showed the huge difference between what we think or hope they can do and reality. Hopoate was shown up badly there too.

I know that Brenko Lee's defence has been laughed at but he is our best attacking centre and I'd like to see him back in first grade now. Since we've been rolled by both the Warriors and Parra I can't see us winning anything else this season so I'd prefer to see changes made now. I know it will never happen but my team (considering injuries) would be:

1. Montoya
2. B Morris
3. Hopoate
4. Lee
5. Kennar
6. Reynolds
7. Frawley
8. Fualalo
9. Mbye
10 Klemmer
11 Jackson
12 Faitala-Mariner
13 Elliot

14 Tolman
15 Kasiano
16 Tualau
17 To'Oamaga

It wont win a premiership but I think these players would at least give it their best shot and not die wondering.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We're the good guys of the league under this admin. Players retire on their own terms not the clubs.

As much as I hate the roosters once a player is done they are moved on and if someone better is available they are persued. Yes they have brown paper bags but surely we can try and sign some decent backs rather than reserve graders.

Status
Not open for further replies.