Montoya's performance compared to other wingers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Montoya is not the problem. He has to move in field to cover for Hopoate and misses tackles.
And the fact he can't run out of his own shadow? Can't give us a decent start to a red zone set? Can't make a line break to save his mother? Look at the 8 wingers on show last night. Even Uate who let 2 tries in still ran with purpose and energy and has the speed to score a solo try. Cotric - he's younger than Montoya. Even old man Winterstein makes more yards and is more effective in defence. I'm not suggesting Montoya should be burnt at the stake, he needs to go back to the reggies and work on his speed, his decision making and his desire to break the line. He fixes that then he comes straight back in otherwise he can stay with Cleeland.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
and what happened that he became so shit?
Cowboys exposed him in the 2004 finals. Utai couldn’t catch a bomb and went downhill from there. Then injuries started happening. Man, he was my favourite player when I grew up.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Montoya was only good last year because he could leap and take a catch. We have always had short wingers in the past decade bar Rona. He was breath of fresh air because he was a junior. Boy, he is shit compared to the likes of Tupou, Cotric, Rapana and co. Even nightingale is better lol.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he has ability as he proved last year. It's either he is lazy now he basically was guaranteed a spot, gained muscle to slow him down or is having on-going off field issues.
Gained muscle???? He’s a twig.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cowboys exposed him in the 2004 finals. Utai couldn’t catch a bomb and went downhill from there. Then injuries started happening. Man, he was my favourite player when I grew up.
The Cowboys came up with a plan to bomb us where 1 players would jump to take out the Canterbury bomb taker, with the other to grab the ball. They admitted it after the game & the referees failed to pick it up. I don't think it would have mattered who it was.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but montoya just isnt good enough, never was, never will be. He should take up beer pong. Not reserve grade. He can play reserve grade at some other club and at someone elses expence.

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Montoya is a Saturday local park player at best that is not a first graders asshole! almost every try conceded has been because of his shit defence. How the hell he got selected for Fiji and first grade is beyond me. I would gladly see the back of him even if we had to pay other clubs his salary.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He must own a record of letting in most tries to his opposite player

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Useless and slow as fuck. Let's not forget we saw him last year get out stripped by SAM THAIDAY lol.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Still have nightmares about that fucking night, poor Utai got absolutely destroyed...

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about Ross Conlon....he would stand side on but his nose would be pointing straight over the black dot and that’s where most of his goals went

Couldn’t do anything else but at least he could kick goals

Last edited:

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyway... no one seems to be listening to my suggestion of going to Fiji and coming back with a winger like plenty of NRL clubs have done!
We could bring a whole village over and still be cap compliant. Worth a punt I reckon.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Montoya is a Saturday local park player at best that is not a first graders asshole! almost every try conceded has been because of his shit defence. How the hell he got selected for Fiji and first grade is beyond me. I would gladly see the back of him even if we had to pay other clubs his salary.
Lol there could be another side in the comp next year made up of players still being paid by the dogs

Last edited:

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The most average winger in the comp.

Dean Pay is now Des Hasler.

pivot

New Pup
Reaction score
hes got to go.

unfortunately with mbye gone, and the morris brothers gone, if we get rid of him we need an ENTIRE new backline

JnRLeB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well he is fijian and as you know, Fijians are very kind and friendly so he's letting opposition players stroll past him out of kindness.
FONUA even said oh hey Bula bro! And Montoya was like oh Bula bro, u can score ..[emoji23][emoji23]

Status
Not open for further replies.