Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Because he was performing, now he has either turned shit, or returned to his normal shitiness.
Yh i'd rather know why he has turned to shit rather than just call him shit. He looked so reliable on the wing last season and was almost perfect in the air. He was also reliable with the ball in hand and ran with aggression. These days he just looks really sluggish and lacks awareness.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyway... no one seems to be listening to my suggestion of going to Fiji and coming back with a winger like plenty of NRL clubs have done!
Don’t even need to go that far.
Raid the AFL. post draft, there must be 30-40 players who’ve missed out on a shot. Every one of them would be 6’4”, fast, fit and have great hands.
The AFL is basically an NRL winger production line.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Raid the AFL. post draft, there must be 30-40 players who’ve missed out on a shot. Every one of them would be 6’4”, fast, fit and have great hands.
Why get AFL rejects when we can get players who live and breathe Rugby League??

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yh i'd rather know why he has turned to shit rather than just call him shit. He looked so reliable on the wing last season and was almost perfect in the air. He was also reliable with the ball in hand and ran with aggression. These days he just looks really sluggish and lacks awareness.
I'm pretty sure he has ability as he proved last year. It's either he is lazy now he basically was guaranteed a spot, gained muscle to slow him down or is having on-going off field issues.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he has ability as he proved last year. It's either he is lazy now he basically was guaranteed a spot, gained muscle to slow him down or is having on-going off field issues.
Or his confidence is absolutely shattered lol.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Possibly look into regions that play both league and Australian rules footy.
If they don't cut into AFL then they have a sense of rugby league positional play.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've been saying that for years. I keep thinking back to Greg Brentnall he was an Australian Rules convert which made him an excellent fullback / winger with a massive boot on him. You only have to go back as far as Ponga really. He came through the lions academy before linking up with the cowboys and look at him now. The kid is pretty much a house hold name with a massive future baring injury. Hopefully our club starts thinking outside the box and uncovers a few gems.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Stan Tulevu was a winger bought over from Fiji in 95 I think and he played an absolute shocker against the Knights and we got beaten 42 zip.
Tulevu played 3 games all as a replacement. He did play in that game perhaps he replaced one of the wingers early.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tulevu played 3 games all as a replacement. He did play in that game perhaps he replaced one of the wingers early.
I think it was Brett Dallas who came off from memory.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Montoya is not the problem. He has to move in field to cover for Hopoate and misses tackles.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I Love the 80's. We had a great team, the music was great and my girlfriend was cute as :grinning:
Maybe I am just to old now (49) but so many things were better in the 80s. rugby league, AFL, Music. I think cricket though improved up until the 00s because of scoring heaps of runs with wickets still falling.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You have a very good memory, I just checked my records & it was indeed 2. Brett Dallas replaced by 35. Stan Tulevu
I’m pretty sure that was the last time Dallas played for us.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure that was the last time Dallas played for us.
That game was round 13. He didn't play again for us until round 20 & played the remaining games in the season except the GF. He must have been injured in the Qualifying Final V Canberra. Jason Williams is listed as a replacement & Williams played in the GF.

Status
Not open for further replies.