Mitchell Pearce wedding to Kristin Scott called off over text message scandal

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Will be extremely interesting to see if the wedding is put back on the agenda, considering Mr Pearce has said that the media is lying about the reason for the said wedding being abandoned in the first place.....he maintains it was postponed due to COVID....

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
they seem to have a good run considering:

Johns-drugs
Wicks-drugs (dealing)
Mullen-drugs
MacDougall-drugs
O’Davis-drugs
Whatever happened with the initial story that police were invvestigating several team mate customers of Wicks?

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Will be extremely interesting to see if the wedding is put back on the agenda, considering Mr Pearce has said that the media is lying about the reason for the said wedding being abandoned in the first place.....he maintains it was postponed due to COVID....
Wouldn't he have grounds to sue for slander if it was indeed made up by the Telegraph?
He seems like a serial dickhead, my money would be on the Tele being on the money for once.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
they seem to have a good run considering:

Johns-drugs
Wicks-drugs (dealing)
Mullen-drugs
MacDougall-drugs
O’Davis-drugs
Rodney Howe also

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wouldn't he have grounds to sue for slander if it was indeed made up by the Telegraph?
He seems like a serial dickhead, my money would be on the Tele being on the money for once.
One would think so, but then again they would probably say it was an opinion and not a statement of fact. Note they use words like understand and that the Knights were " aware" of the exchange....

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want to get some understanding of the real class and values of Newcastle, do some reading about Leigh Leigh murder case. I'll just leave that there. I never want to go near that fuckin town. I know it's a bit off topic of this thread, but there's something not quite right about that place.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If you want to get some understanding of the real class and values of Newcastle, do some reading about Leigh Leigh murder case. I'll just leave that there. I never want to go near that fuckin town. I know it's a bit off topic of this thread, but there's something not quite right about that place.
Newcastle itself is shit, Merewether, Charlestown, Kotara, Rankin Park are some nice areas there

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now you know why we let him go after so many years of trying to make him to be better and smarter, it can't be done.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have always had the impression that the media was Knights friendly... consider the errors the Johns brothers have made and yet have lucrative post-playing careers in the media... think how many drugs issues they have had, both performance enhancing and recreational... there were players I did not have too much time for but there is media push, especially by the likes of the Johns', and hello origin selection, starting spot, captaining your state for said players etc.

and yet, all we hear about is the Hunter community, working class, league heartland, salt of the earth etc.

in comparison, a 'Dogs fan (I'm assuming) let's off a fire cracker at a match - not identified, no injuries - and the Footy Show does a full segment in prime time titled "Terrorism in the stands"... like Fatty and those other boofheads are even close to competent to speak on such a serious topic or even take such an approach with any other club

and let's not forget what what the media put Elliot and co., the club, Pay and the fans thru with the Mad Monday stripping... Elliot and co. were criminally charged even

even with Pearce, the angle is his personal shortcomings and not a club issue but regardless of what happens involving the 'Dogs (or doesn't happen --> Coffs Harbour), Rothfield, Webster and the rest will always portray it through the lens of us as a rotten club

the media act in bad faith
And let's not forget that, at the same time, a Dragons fan was setting off red flares amongst the crowd at their home games, and the Nine commentators were chuckling at the red smoke clouding the area, saying that is the sign of a great supporter.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have always had the impression that the media was Knights friendly... consider the errors the Johns brothers have made and yet have lucrative post-playing careers in the media... think how many drugs issues they have had, both performance enhancing and recreational... there were players I did not have too much time for but there is media push, especially by the likes of the Johns', and hello origin selection, starting spot, captaining your state for said players etc.

and yet, all we hear about is the Hunter community, working class, league heartland, salt of the earth etc.

in comparison, a 'Dogs fan (I'm assuming) let's off a fire cracker at a match - not identified, no injuries - and the Footy Show does a full segment in prime time titled "Terrorism in the stands"... like Fatty and those other boofheads are even close to competent to speak on such a serious topic or even take such an approach with any other club

and let's not forget what what the media put Elliot and co., the club, Pay and the fans thru with the Mad Monday stripping... Elliot and co. were criminally charged even

even with Pearce, the angle is his personal shortcomings and not a club issue but regardless of what happens involving the 'Dogs (or doesn't happen --> Coffs Harbour), Rothfield, Webster and the rest will always portray it through the lens of us as a rotten club

the media act in bad faith
We sell papers. Readership goes up when it's the Dogs.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
One would think so, but then again they would probably say it was an opinion and not a statement of fact. Note they use words like understand and that the Knights were " aware" of the exchange....
You just have to use the word "Allegedly"

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bit of a generalisation there as it's a big place with a lot of good people. Strongly agree though that the Leigh Leigh matter is a horrible stain on the place. It seems plenty of influential people were trying to protect their own or otherwise those that were known to them.

Rembered some of it but refreshed the memory, what a horrible series of incidents and subsequent appalling behaviour. I wonder if the guilty parties would have ended up in the Goulburn Super Max if it were around then. I doubt it.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Bit of a generalisation there as it's a big place with a lot of good people. Strongly agree though that the Leigh Leigh matter is a horrible stain on the place. It seems plenty of influential people were trying to protect their own or otherwise those that were known to them.

Rembered some of it but refreshed the memory, what a horrible series of incidents and subsequent appalling behaviour. I wonder if the guilty parties would have ended up in the Goulburn Super Max if it were around then. I doubt it.

That is horrific. Poor girl. The scum bastards who did that got off very lightly. Death penalty for horrendous crimes like that should be mandatory.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is horrific. Poor girl. The scum bastards who did that got off very lightly. Death penalty for horrendous crimes like that should be mandatory.
I know it really upset me reading through all of it. Horrible to think that this could happen in our life time to a 14 year old or anyone at all for that matter.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its got issues but the Communist fruitcakes don't represent the whole town, there are about 500,000 people in the region so you can't put them all in the same boat.
Pearce probably is having problems letting go of his bachelor habits, flirting with a stunner isn't hard.

Axel_75

Waterboy
Reaction score
Newcastle itself is shit, Merewether, Charlestown, Kotara, Rankin Park are some nice areas there
Newy is a great place. I guess you haven't visited lately. As for Kempsey, well let's just say there is a good reason they built a bypass for that town. Actually takes longer to use the bypass.