Mitchell Pearce wedding to Kristin Scott called off over text message scandal

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I remember watching that movie Blackrock years ago, had the guy from cheese TV in it.
Leigh Leigh was more about the cone of silence the Cops encountered trying to get information on what happened, it was a bit weird but nothing to do with the Knights.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What's the girl he cheated with look like ? Surely someone has to know

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not that its really my business, but this story still seems short on detail. Like was the woman an active participant? Or was is unsolicited dick picks?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Quick twenty second media apology saying he's going to be the best man he can be.
Good he can help put an end to gutter tactic merchants rupturing communities including the nrl.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't have complete access to the article.

Interesting development considering he backflipped on us and has only played 3 games for the Knights.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
isn't Green still recovering from a ruptured ACL?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pearce is sounding like a broken record crying in front of the cameras again. hmmm where have we seen that nonsense before?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just watched the video and to me .....what a cop out. Coach had to preface the statement and then he would answer any questions.

Pearce had to write it down, little to none eye contact with the reporters there and he could not wait to leave.... exit stage left very quickly. Very rushed speech but finally he took ownership of the whole sad saga..as an after thought though, considering he had previously denied any wrong doing being the cause of his marriage cancellation simply having used COVID as an excuse.....

Once again he looks contrite and promises to be a better man.....Look I know people are entitled to make mistakes in their life but this is a strike two. That is now two NRL players who have made a mess of their lives with sexting scandals although I think from memory the other one never really owned up to it...............

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Pearce had to write it down
Pearce plainly didn't write it, I don't know about you but when I spend the time to compose something and then write it down I remember at least some of it. It was obvious that he had never seen it before it was handed to him by the Knightmare's media manager, "here read this out, then walk away, answer no questions"

Go Dogs

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
agreed... read out a paragraph prepared for him by the club, took no questions, and simply walked off as quick as possible and left his coach to field questions... weak

and all the media spoke of was Pearce's emotional breakdown and that he was standing down from/stripped of the captaincy and not whether it was a sufficient response, whether Pearce had faced the fire his misbehaviour had brought on, why he lied about it being Covid related etc.

JHeatho9

Waterboy
Reaction score
If you want to get some understanding of the real class and values of Newcastle, do some reading about Leigh Leigh murder case. I'll just leave that there. I never want to go near that fuckin town. I know it's a bit off topic of this thread, but there's something not quite right about that place.
No murders ever happen in Sydney?

JHeatho9

Waterboy
Reaction score
Sounds like plenty of cold blooded fookers out there but if a young chick is dead you help the cops.
Absolutely correct, and it was a disgraceful act. Just think its weird you are judging an actual place over something that happened over 30 years ago. If you dont like the place don't go.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Absolutely correct, and it was a disgraceful act. Just think its weird you are judging an actual place over something that happened over 30 years ago. If you dont like the place don't go.
Well the other bloke bought it up and its been sorted but yeah I bought a place there and its true, a lot of them like drama so they can whinge rather than have peace.
Bring the footy back ffs.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pearce plainly didn't write it, I don't know about you but when I spend the time to compose something and then write it down I remember at least some of it. It was obvious that he had never seen it before it was handed to him by the Knightmare's media manager, "here read this out, then walk away, answer no questions"

Go Dogs
Oh yes, so true because I thought the same.Seemed too intelligent for him to write but gave him the benefit of the doubt...

Like you, if I compose something important for reading out aloud, I write, re-write and at least mostly memorize it so I can have eye contact with the audience during the recitation. This little effort showed no real feeling or thought at all and the way he stumbled through it showed no real passion or contrition....