Opinion Mitchell late contact on Addo Carr

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
On another note I don't understand why the 18th man cant be invoked even if they deem it and accident it was clear the fouled player wasn't foxing.

Should a team be a player short because he was accidentally knocked out by the opposition..
Good question

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes it was an unfortunate collision but there is a duty of care that Mitchell is responsible for. I think penalty would have been sufficient.
To be honest, I could do with less of "duty of care" out of the NRL. If this is in response to Reece Walsh, it's the same nonsense over and over.
They condition the fans to be as unreasonable as they are being. You cannot eliminate accidents. And the casual way they punish these things is deciding outcomes.
Eg. Ok, Tass maybe stays on the field, because Sutton can find precedent where he doesn't have to bin him
Well, why not the same for Morrin. I've seen other tame "dumping tackles" where the ref has accepted a penalty us sufficient.
But as always, the talking points of the round before fuck us specifically, until the officials regain their composure

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He definitely done it on purpose. Last week he steps on Tedesco accidentally…convenient. And his fat **** brother raised his shoulder and knocked out Preston
He rearranged Manu's face a few seasons ago in a similar way

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s untouchable, the nrl will make fox write him a thank you letter for making him help out after the contact.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
my issue is, if it was in the act of scoring, would it have been a penalty/8 point try? i would say so

Doggfather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Latrell is a protected lizard and today we discovered why.

Totally unnecessary contact when Fox was already out of play.

As soon as it happened my heart sank as I knew we would struggle in the second half without him.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He won’t get a punishment they’ll say it was an accident
The spin is already in, here is how nrl.com is reporting it...

Addo-Carr was ruled out after being concussed in a trysaving tackle by South Sydney pair Isaiah Tass and Latrell Mitchell on the last play of the first half.

Addo-Carr, who was making his return after suffering a shoulder injury in the opening round match against Parramatta, was ruled out at half-time after displaying category 1 HIA symptoms.

He appeared to have collected Mitchell's hip as the Souths superstar came across in defence to help Tass bundle his good mate into touch just before the tryline.

So it was a trysaving effort from LM when he dropped the hip into him after he'd already gone into touch, and Fox "appeared to have collected" the hip, so it was practically his fault. You can't make this stuff up...

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Latrell is a protected lizard and today we discovered why.

Totally unnecessary contact when Fox was already out of play.

As soon as it happened my heart sank as I knew we would struggle in the second half without him.
Bitchell is a not a protected Lizard and not a Lizard full stop. I would know. We have standards...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'm just fucking sick of our players getting fucking hurt...
Fox R1
Pooasa R2
Ciro needs to sort his bench out to avoid this shit in future. Don't want to watch another game with Salmon at centre.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
The spin is already in, here is how nrl.com is reporting it...

Addo-Carr was ruled out after being concussed in a trysaving tackle by South Sydney pair Isaiah Tass and Latrell Mitchell on the last play of the first half.

Addo-Carr, who was making his return after suffering a shoulder injury in the opening round match against Parramatta, was ruled out at half-time after displaying category 1 HIA symptoms.

He appeared to have collected Mitchell's hip as the Souths superstar came across in defence to help Tass bundle his good mate into touch just before the tryline.

So it was a trysaving effort from LM when he dropped the hip into him after he'd already gone into touch, and Fox "appeared to have collected" the hip, so it was practically his fault. You can't make this stuff up...
What’s the difference with this and making accidental contact with the head making a tackle..it’s always a penalty whether you argue accident or not. Just because it was his hip and not his shoulder…the duty of care is with the defender and latrell was fucken careless and reckless. JAC was a sitting duck and this fucken grub comes over to take him out

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I'm just fucking sick of our players getting fucking hurt...
Fox R1
Pooasa R2
Ciro needs to sort his bench out to avoid this shit in future. Don't want to watch another game with Salmon at centre.
Should have gone with Burton to centre and Mann to 6

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eventually, Latrell will have his Daryl Hair moment, when some one will be brave enough to call his questionable tactics out like Daryl did with Murali all those years ago.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What’s the difference with this and making accidental contact with the head making a tackle..it’s always a penalty whether you argue accident or not. Just because it was his hip and not his shoulder…the duty of care is with the defender and latrell was fucken careless and reckless. JAC was a sitting duck and this fucken grub comes over to take him out
Well of course that is what it should be, and would be if it had been Taffe dropping the hip and causing a Cat 1. But this is LM, the other players should consider themselves lucky to be able to walk onto the same field as him, and it isn't his fault Fox headbutted him in the hip.

GoTeamRaRaFunky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
TBH if its not a penalty in the game vs us lm piss AF if they charge him after. The Taas no sin bin and the Taane challenge were the biggest bullshit calls of the day tbh
Also though the penalty for a slight tap on latrell when he kicked it was a shocker. He flopped like a euro soccer player