Missing sub drops

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
And using peoples deaths, to do it.
Are you really suggesting someone would use person's death to push their own agenda?

Hopefully it was only his juice fast

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Nope. Pointing out the fact that the guy who built the sub clearly stated that he ignored experts when they told him not to use carbon fibre, not to combine with other materials, and not to create a cylindrical sub.

He ignored the experts, including the physicists.
Was that the first time in the water? Was it a design flaw or some failure/damage/accident?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Was that the first time in the water? Was it a design flaw or some failure/damage/accident?
no its not the first time in the water and it wasn't the first sub built by this guy

he got his aerospace engineering degree from princeton and had been doing this for 14 years or more, he is an expert and people died trusting him as an expert

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah, it had been on 13 trips previously. But there was many safety concerns raised to the point that some went to court to try stop the submarine from being used.

From my understanding of it, the main issues were:

1) submarines are usually built with one external material. If you have two different materials then they have different pressure limits, different stress responses, etc

2) the main material used was carbon fibre. Carbon fibre has never been fully tested in deep oceans. There was concerns that a combination of heavy pressure and rapidly changing temperatures could result in implosion. Important to note that the investigation is ongoing and the cause of the implosion hasn't been determined yet

3) the sub was a barrel shape. Similar to the shape used for military submarines, but military submarines aren't designed to go that deep. Any submarine that goes that deep is meant to be round, like a sphere. That makes sure there's equal pressure on each point

Long story short, the bloke built a submarine that would never pass testing, and it never did, because it was never tested.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
BTW, This is an actual line he said when questioned about the potential safety issues...

Screenshot_20230626_141248_Gallery.jpg

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sadly, he will be remembered for the rules he broke.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Nah, it had been on 13 trips previously. But there was many safety concerns raised to the point that some went to court to try stop the submarine from being used.

From my understanding of it, the main issues were:

1) submarines are usually built with one external material. If you have two different materials then they have different pressure limits, different stress responses, etc

2) the main material used was carbon fibre. Carbon fibre has never been fully tested in deep oceans. There was concerns that a combination of heavy pressure and rapidly changing temperatures could result in implosion. Important to note that the investigation is ongoing and the cause of the implosion hasn't been determined yet

3) the sub was a barrel shape. Similar to the shape used for military submarines, but military submarines aren't designed to go that deep. Any submarine that goes that deep is meant to be round, like a sphere. That makes sure there's equal pressure on each point

Long story short, the bloke built a submarine that would never pass testing, and it never did, because it was never tested.
so the moral of the story is don't trust anything that has never been tested and has only claimed to have been tested

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
See Harrington, when you post stuff like ‘telemarketer’ you immediately show your total lack of credibility (not that we needed proof). You claimed to have indigenous blood but then throw in some causal racism and call me a hypocrite. Riiiight. I reckon like @Rodzilla the closest you’ve come to India would be the sloppy butter chicken in the bain-marie at Jashan Lounge :-).

Among the garbage you posted was ‘mass resignation’ of nurses due to mandatory vaccinations, which according to a 20 year nursing mate of mine who oversees several hospitals as part of a health district was ‘alarmist crap’ but the funniest was the cop who allegedly resigned ‘due to the treatment of citizens over lockdowns’ when there was no lockdown in NSW at the time. On top of that you’ve posted alarmist rhetoric about the CCP due to people allegedly ‘collapsing in the street’ in China, along with the same at best misleading and often utterly false sources your co-conspirators use. All fringe/alt-right loon gear.

As I’ve always said, a personal decision to not be vaxxed is just that and no-one cares. Spreading alarmist crap to support that view is something entirely different. Or is that just the view of a gay fraudster?
Hahahaha get fucked you cant be serious.. DeleteDog speaking on credibility is like Putin admonishing Kyle Rittenhouse for being a murderer.

Most cultures have drawbacks but dipshits like you cry racism/nazi/conspiracy when people point out things like African propensity for violence/murder or how Sweden became the rape capitol of the world.

On my indigenous heritage I can prove it to a mod if need be so you can shut the fuck about it

Not only are you a hypocrite but you show how much of a great bloke you really are with your constant not so subtle classist allusions (delusions) of granduer which fly directly in contrast with your do-gooder (lefty) world view. Nobody asks or gives a fuck about your (probably bullshit) jet setting high flying lifestyle not withstanding your suggestions that anybody who opposes your world view obviously hasn't lived outside of their ancestral slums much less traversed 50 countries hundreds of times with state generals and a marching band greeting them on the tarmac like yourself.

-'Lion paw's for entree and naturally extinct onyx with monkey brain gravy, wonder what the poor's are eating'
-'Just got back from watching the state of origin with the premier of the state and shouted him a $2000 bottle of Chatte Couchée from the change in my ashtray'

-'Can't chat now kennelers, I'm busy packing for my last flight home from Pragadeesh where they are holding a state funeral for my departure'.

DinkumDeSanctimonious -probably

Is 20000 resignations in 2020 alone not mass enough for you and your fake freind?

Do you agree with the treatment of citizens during covid? "At the time" how does that make a difference to his protest of mandates and lockdowns?
I don't see what's so funny about facilitating a longer term higher death toll via a mass compliance campaign über focused only on covid while people slipped into stage 4 cancer or died from what could of been preventable or treatable. Notwithstanding the social implications, relationships ruined and financial burden via extreme long down measures.
Doesn't suprise me that tasering granny's and shutting down dissenters aligns with your belief's.

Wtf is alarmist rhetoric, the reporting of the collapses which there is plenty of video evidence. Which I've shown here. To suggest there are no videos of collapses in China is the actual conspiracy you fraud.

You say posting from right wing news sources as if the left wing version is the bastion of truth.
And I've posted from all types of sources, so what are these 'extreme' far right wing postings of mine?

"As I’ve always said, a personal decision to not be vaxxed is just that and no-one cares"

That's a lie you layed all your chips on the covid hysteria and fell for the propaganda. You and a few others here were in support of a vaxxed v unvaxxed 2 tier class system. Now you will lie again because as you've admitted you're just a hypocritical little DeleteDog and most likely deleted the comments.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I was definitely generalising conspiracies. Because conspiracies are generally crap and not based on reality. They have that in common.

But I was also clearly pointing out that this is an example of someone not listening to the experts. I thought that was pretty clear when I said:

"If you're going to ignore the experts because you think you know more, please don't do something crazy. For example, building your own sub"
You admitted to baiting people in this thread. So you were just baiting them about building subs?

Suuuuuuuuurrreeee buddy

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
When did I admit to baiting people?
I keep telling myself no to feed the trolls. But here I am, feeding the trolls.

That's my bad.
Yeah, sorry. My bad. I made a comment about how this is an example of why you shouldn't dismiss what the experts say, and that triggered the Anti-vaxxers.

My bad. Didn't actually want more anti-vaxxer arguments flooding another thread, but I only have myself to blame.
And I also made it worse by arguing and feeding the trolls. So I won't bother feeding them any more. It's obviously what they want.
When you say one the top ten lines the propaganda machine bleated daily during covid "trust the experts" you knew what you were doing

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
When you say one the top ten lines the propaganda machine bleated daily during covid "trust the experts" you knew what you were doing
Nice to see your response to me saying, "when did I admit to baiting people?" is to quote me saying that I didn't intend to bait people.

I can't help it if Anti-vaxxers get triggered by my comments. I guess I should just cancel myself. Restrict my speech so I don't accidentally offend any snowflakes.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Nice to see your response to me saying, "when did I admit to baiting people?" is to quote me saying that I didn't intend to bait people.

I can't help it if Anti-vaxxers get triggered by my comments. I guess I should just cancel myself. Restrict my speech so I don't accidentally offend any snowflakes.
You knew what you were doing

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Hahahaha get fucked you cant be serious.. DeleteDog speaking on credibility is like Putin admonishing Kyle Rittenhouse for being a murderer.

Most cultures have drawbacks but dipshits like you cry racism/nazi/conspiracy when people point out things like African propensity for violence/murder or how Sweden became the rape capitol of the world.

On my indigenous heritage I can prove it to a mod if need be so you can shut the fuck about it

Not only are you a hypocrite but you show how much of a great bloke you really are with your constant not so subtle classist allusions (delusions) of granduer which fly directly in contrast with your do-gooder (lefty) world view. Nobody asks or gives a fuck about your (probably bullshit) jet setting high flying lifestyle not withstanding your suggestions that anybody who opposes your world view obviously hasn't lived outside of their ancestral slums much less traversed 50 countries hundreds of times with state generals and a marching band greeting them on the tarmac like yourself.

-'Lion paw's for entree and naturally extinct onyx with monkey brain gravy, wonder what the poor's are eating'
-'Just got back from watching the state of origin with the premier of the state and shouted him a $2000 bottle of Chatte Couchée from the change in my ashtray'

-'Can't chat now kennelers, I'm busy packing for my last flight home from Pragadeesh where they are holding a state funeral for my departure'.

DinkumDeSanctimonious -probably

Is 20000 resignations in 2020 alone not mass enough for you and your fake freind?

Do you agree with the treatment of citizens during covid? "At the time" how does that make a difference to his protest of mandates and lockdowns?
I don't see what's so funny about facilitating a longer term higher death toll via a mass compliance campaign über focused only on covid while people slipped into stage 4 cancer or died from what could of been preventable or treatable. Notwithstanding the social implications, relationships ruined and financial burden via extreme long down measures.
Doesn't suprise me that tasering granny's and shutting down dissenters aligns with your belief's.

Wtf is alarmist rhetoric, the reporting of the collapses which there is plenty of video evidence. Which I've shown here. To suggest there are no videos of collapses in China is the actual conspiracy you fraud.

You say posting from right wing news sources as if the left wing version is the bastion of truth.
And I've posted from all types of sources, so what are these 'extreme' far right wing postings of mine?

"As I’ve always said, a personal decision to not be vaxxed is just that and no-one cares"

That's a lie you layed all your chips on the covid hysteria and fell for the propaganda. You and a few others here were in support of a vaxxed v unvaxxed 2 tier class system. Now you will lie again because as you've admitted you're just a hypocritical little DeleteDog and most likely deleted the comments.
Wow :tearsofjoy:
Did you get RSI with that angry man? What a classic!
Your usual dribble with sugar on top.
And brought out the real underlying seethe.

Usual underlying (and unfounded) accusations of ‘leftism’ given you’re so alt-right you’d nearly topple over. Of course the pandemic did a lot of damage - it’s a once in a century event. That damage includes health (physical and mental), economic, relationships and more - no-one denies that. And everyone has 20/20 hindsight don’t they. Such an expert :-).

Reckon you should head down to Club Harrington for some sherberts and take the edge off. You need it.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really good video here from a guy that went on Mission 3.

What's interesting is he says that Mission 1 and 2 were called off due to conditions and problems with the Titan sub.

In his Mission (#3) there were inconsistent control module computer problems, which lost functionality after a reboot. Add in choppy winds and seas. Spend several days trying to fix it and aborted, so did a test dive, which was literally it going under surface and back up in a few minutes.

No idea how Mission 4 went, and #5 was it's fatal journey.

It all seemed so cheap, and almost dodgy, like he knew it could never work.