Mens Multivitamins

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Multivitamins are also known as "expensive pee", because most of what you take ends up being pissed out.

My suggestion is to go to the doctor and find out if you're low on any vitamin, then focus on that. Or if you're lazy like me and don't mind wasting money, then sure. Multi Vs are fine. But the Vitamin industry is basically like the pharmaceutical industry. They will do everything they can to convince you that you need something you don't.

As long as you have a healthy diet and get a good amount of sunlight, then you probably have everything you need.

Also, on a beard level, it provides very little benefit if any. Hair is dead the moment it leaves your pores. Some shampoos and conditioners can help the hair, but vitamins won't do much.
One thing that Hair, Skin & Nails supplement did for me was grow a dead fingernail back after 2 years. It was like magic

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks for the info bro.

Thank God I'm still ok health wise and not lacking anything, basically getting impatient it's not growing fast enough after the 2 rounds of chemo I did last year and the year before.

I use shampoo and conditioner once a week, use beard oil and even have a boar hair breard brush.
It's an issue vitamin companies prey on. The same thing is done when you're going bald. They tell you that vitamins will help. But it doesn't really help. All you can do is to keep going and hope.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
One thing that Hair, Skin & Nails supplement did for me was grow a dead fingernail back after 2 years. It was like magic
The Mrs takes those. They definitely have some benefit if you're lacking certain vitamins. Unfortunately not much help for beards. There is some supplements that "may" make your beard grow thicker, but there's emphasis on the "may"

The problem with most supplements is that they're not rigorously tested. And the placebo effect is actually a really powerful thing. So it's hard to tell what actually worked, and what you did yourself. Or what was sheer coincidence.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Do tell... never heard of it bro
It’s a mineral, been using it for years after a strong recommendation from a nutritionist I know, this is a blurb pulled off the first google search I found:

“Boron anti-inflammatory effects that can help alleviate arthritis and improve brain function and has demonstrated such significant anticancer effects that boronated compounds are now being used in the treatment of several types of cancer, also good for muscle growth and boosting testosterone levels.”

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It’s a mineral, been using it for years after a strong recommendation from a nutritionist I know, this is a blurb pulled off the first google search I found:

“Boron anti-inflammatory effects that can help alleviate arthritis and improve brain function and has demonstrated such significant anticancer effects that boronated compounds are now being used in the treatment of several types of cancer, also good for muscle growth and boosting testosterone levels.”
Thanks for the tip brother, I'll mention it to the docs to see if it's compatible with the heart meds.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip brother, I'll mention it to the docs to see if it's compatible with the heart meds.
Yeah man, you probably have to be across of a bunch of contraindications and precautions from a load of things due to your heart meds…

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
boronated compounds used in anti-cancer treatment? its a carrier molecule because its fairly harmless. Someone spruiking that - they full of it.

having said that @Baseball Furies isn't really selling u a pup. some reasonable evidence it does ok but thought this was about your beard? anyways, plenty of Boron in fruit.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah man, you probably have to be across of a bunch of contraindications and precautions from a load of things due to your heart meds…
It's a pain for sure.

Like for example, they told me to take a low dose aspirin every day since I got sick in 2012, last year they told me to stop as it has eaten my stomach lining which I have to take 2 more meds now to ease the pain.

I guess it still beats being 6 feet under.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
boronated compounds used in anti-cancer treatment? its a carrier molecule because its fairly harmless. Someone spruiking that - they full of it.

having said that @Baseball Furies isn't really selling u a pup. some reasonable evidence it does ok but thought this was about your beard? anyways, plenty of Boron in fruit.
Yeah it's about my mane.

Yes I realise it's funny that an Arab is frustrated that his beard doesn't grow fast enough lol