Official Members Update from the CEO

TAS

All In
Reaction score
I didn’t get anything either, did they send anything about JMK or Ava, the first I knew the re-signings were official was from the op.

I did get this CEO email today and like someone mentioned earlier it was sent a second time with a correction.

I got the roosters match preview email yesterday and that included confirmation of JMK re-signing

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Especially chrichton/oko. What the fuck does that have to do with anything? Might as well name the players we missed out on signing and say they are missing too
Email would be too long then lol

TAS

All In
Reaction score
I did get this CEO email today and like someone mentioned earlier it was sent a second time with a correction.

I got the roosters match preview email yesterday and that included confirmation of JMK re-signing

I knew I had seen something about Ava but couldn’t find an email.

I just worked out that it was the Bulldogs app on my phone that gives notifications and that sent one about JMK and Ava in the last few days.

475D5ACA-FF77-4A10-B831-ADF7A95740E2.jpg

Last edited:

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 26385

This is the only part that matters. They need to double what they've done so far.

Also F hope and being hopeful
This whole email does NOT fill me with confidence.

I could be wrong, but if they had good news to report in coming days then this Members Email was not necessary.

Makes me think that we will have as the email says, many RETENTION signings (perhaps even 1 yr deals) & not many new additions for 2022.

If most of these blokes are retained for next year that'll do me.

We'd be better off letting the young blokes have a run for a year, same results but at least they'll be better for it in the long run.

It seems that the good news will only come after November 1 with signings for 2023...... Yipee.

I could be wrong, but this is how I'm reading it.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can't take a trick at the moment.

The week that the club announce the re-signing of JMK & Ava they both get suspended - just another kick in the nuts.

We need a circuit breaker, and we need it NOW.

Maybe a win over the Roosters tonight???

Or maybe just some comedy to lighten our mood???

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You guys need to be positive.
Just wait and see who we recruit.
I have a strong feeling that they will announce
TPJ we offered more then tigers and dragons
FINUCANE good mates with josh jackson
DUFFTY has no choice
MITCH KENNY played with burton in reserves
I agree mate, the announcements will be made and they will be better than what we have available now whoever they are.

I like that list though Kenny, not a fan, if we can’t get B Smith for 2021, a nice stop gap would be Joey Lussick, Billy Walters or Havili up until they can lure a gun.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Did someone educated write that up or do they expect us to be stupid and Believe what they have said. Roosters are an example of a injury prone team who are showing how it’s done. Enough of the fucking excuses! There isn’t a single excuse a professional organisation like the dogs have for going so poorly constantly for the last few years. Now go run off to your nice cosy office thinking of the next bullshit excuse.
We have changed so much, it isn’t funny.

Gone are the days when the Bulldogs were an underdog, always an overachiever. We had tough players, solid defence and our players, on the whole, weren’t as highly rated or as flashy as other teams.

We thrived on siege mentality. Played well above our weight…

You could never rule the dogs out in a game - more often than not, we came back when we were down.

It seems we have lost that tradition.

Now, we are garbage. And everybody expects it. A worrying trend - everybody seems to accept it, make excuses for it. This dribble from the club exemplifies it.

We are a culture free zone at present. What used to define us, doesn’t anymore.

The corporate babble has infected everybody, from board level all the way down to the coach.

The excuses, the rebuilding rhetoric…the five year plan garbage…we won’t get better until we reconnect with that culture that we once had.

We have the wrong people in the positions that matter. It is as simple as that.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have changed so much, it isn’t funny.

Gone are the days when the Bulldogs were an underdog, always an overachiever. We had tough players, solid defence and our players, on the whole, weren’t as highly rated or as flashy as other teams.

We thrived on siege mentality. Played well above our weight…

You could never rule the dogs out in a game - more often than not, we came back when we were down.

It seems we have lost that tradition.

Now, we are garbage. And everybody expects it. A worrying trend - everybody seems to accept it, make excuses for it. This dribble from the club exemplifies it.

We are a culture free zone at present. What used to define us, doesn’t anymore.

The corporate babble has infected everybody, from board level all the way down to the coach.

The excuses, the rebuilding rhetoric…the five year plan garbage…we won’t get better until we reconnect with that culture that we once had.

We have the wrong people in the positions that matter. It is as simple as that.
Yep agreed.. initially I was willing to be patient for what appeared to be valid reasons.. fast forward 6 years and the loser mentality has entrenched itself in our DNA and some people are ok with that.. no doubt Barrett has had some challenging issues this year, but there's no doubt in my mind that he and the team have massively underachieved this year and the excuses seem to be almost premeditated..

Wood ducks would do a better job of things than some people at our club..

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Our Football Committee is now diligently and responsibly working towards the retention of players for season 2022 and beyond

that statement raises concerns, retention of players, why would the club want to keep any of the below average footballers, not even for depth are they worth keeping
Because it’s impossible to sign 15 new players in a single off-season.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The countdown is 9 now with 6 been taken by JAC, Naden, Burton, Ava, JMK and Alamoti..

I think schoup and okunbor will be retained on the cheap.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The countdown is 9 now with 6 been taken by JAC, Naden, Burton, Ava, JMK and Alamoti..

I think schoup and okunbor will be retained on the cheap.
Yep, and that’s in-line with what I’ve said for a while 8-10 to leave at seasons end. That doesn’t mean I think we’ll have an additional 8 new signings - there will likely be some further retention and promotion and maybe 2-3 additional new players we don’t yet know about. 6 players who weren’t at the club the previous year is a similar large change to what we saw this year with 5 new players in The Flange, Allen, Cotric, Hetho and Waddell. A work in progress. The 2022 team will look radically different to the 2020 team.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I didn’t get any of that either. I checked my junk emails just incase and nothing in there either.
Some members are reporting they got their email this morning. Don’t know if that was an issue with the club or the interwebs. Have you got yours now?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep, and that’s in-line with what I’ve said for a while 8-10 to leave at seasons end. That doesn’t mean I think we’ll have an additional 8 new signings - there will likely be some further retention and promotion and maybe 2-3 additional new players we don’t yet know about. 6 players who weren’t at the club the previous year is a similar large change to what we saw this year with 5 new players in The Flange, Allen, Cotric, Hetho and Waddell. A work in progress. The 2022 team will look radically different to the 2020 team.
This info does align with what I was told, that is...
we'll attempt to sign 3 exceptional quality players
we'll promote players from the lower grades
we'll sign up to 5 players from the NSW & QLD comps

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Everyone is rightly frustrated and sick of being told to be patient. But people are insisting that good signings are coming. I'm not assuming anything as we've burned before but I'm optimistic that we'll get some good news soon.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt it will happen but if we can get Finucane back it would be good news.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some members are reporting they got their email this morning. Don’t know if that was an issue with the club or the interwebs. Have you got yours now?
Yeah it arrived this morning the club said there was a problem with their mailing list.