Official Members Q&A

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our defence reminds me of other teams in the bottom eight; and the common thread is lack of possession. Our own errors and infringements result in the opposition usually having a 70% share of the ball in the first half, while we defend ourselves to a standstill. By the second half they are fresh and charging into us hard, and we are tiring and making more errors. It's not just the Dogs it is happening to.

When we get a better than even share of the ball, our defence is much better.

Watching the three games just played, I saw incidents let go that would have guaranteed one of our players seeing time in the bin - and we seem to have someone binned almost every game. Losing a player for ten minutes really buggers the defence for the rest of the game, as everyone has to lift, then has nothing left to give.
You are right about possession BUT in the cas of teh dogs they get dominated from teh first couple of sets of the game before fatigue, penalties etc have an effect. The poor kicking game and lack of metres means teh dogs are constantly on the dfence - playing the ball from the 10 metre line

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
My prediction - I reckon there's no way Elliott, Jackson and Waddell all see out the remainder of their contracts. One (maybe 2) will be shipped before the end of next season.
Why Baz signed 2 of them is anyone's guess. Just no need to tie up sc and overload with 2ndrowers/locks and not prioritise spine positions.
Anyway Gus here now to balance it all out.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
How can one join the football club - not the leagues club just the football club - im retired looking for things to fill in my time

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can one join the football club - not the leagues club just the football club - im retired looking for things to fill in my time
Have you thought about lawn bowls.
From what I’ve heard the dress code is pretty relaxed these days just saying.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why what are you going to do,you need to be a member for 3 yrs before you can vote

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you thought about lawn bowls.
From what I’ve heard the dress code is pretty relaxed these days just saying.
Might be something can try after lockdown