Official Members Q&A

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.

Warburton said all the right things in response to the underarm lollies lobbed at him.

Khoury bit ordinary if I’m being honest, just read straight from a script word for word.

Gus spoke well, provides a lot of hope with the plan outlined. Just need to execute collectively as a club.
Thanks @Spoonman84 great viewing really for a dogs fan.

Agree with your summation Horse I think JK was a little scripted might have had the wifey holding the palm cards to the side of the video camera there on his laptop but never the less he has generally spoke well historically and we all seem aligned for the first time in a while.

Gussy was great.. his football IQ really shines through and the vision he has for the club. I think regardless of where anybody stands on the coaching front it highlights the importance of a strong GM. You look at the John Ribots, Frank Ponissi etc they take away a lot of the heavy lifting from the coach. I view Gus in this mould as a great strategist who has a deep knowledge of the game. Not to mention he knows all the movers and shakers affiliated with the game.

Last edited:

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.

Warburton said all the right things in response to the underarm lollies lobbed at him.

Khoury bit ordinary if I’m being honest, just read straight from a script word for word.

Gus spoke well, provides a lot of hope with the plan outlined. Just need to execute collectively as a club.
Agree with all of this. Khoury definitely sounded more scripted but not too fussed. The most important thing I'm looking for from Khoury is that he has the club's best interests at heart and that he's smart enough to surround himself with the best/right people (which I believe he's done with Warburton from a corporate/fan engagement perspective and Gus from a footballing perspective). So he's definitely ticked both of those boxes.

Definitely recommend all fans give Gus' bit a watch though (the last 10 mins, if you want to skip over Warburton/Khoury). Loved everything he said about our recruitment, defensive structure and junior development.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
What was said about defence

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Needs a lot of work, structures, techniques, attitude, strength
That’s the pretty much what Gus said. Go to 22:50 of the video someone asked a specific question about defence.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He also mentioned with the changes in the game certain players types are suited to defensive structures and what is required. He mentioned we will possibly loose a fan favourite or a favourite player may not be signed as trying to build the base with predominantly juniors who want be there.
He has great ideas and if implemented we will be strong again. By the sounds things the background chats with juniors is happening and support to the special ones is there. Good work all round

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just listened to the Gould bit, makes sense, just get it done. I'd be nervous if I was the current defensive coach. Most clubs have struggled to defend with the new rules but the dogs have been abysmal.

Reactions: ATT

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder who the fan favourite player will be getting the axe?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Someoe tell me the important bits

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wonder who the fan favourite player will be getting the axe?
I’d suggest with the petition signed to keep him the prince. But it could be anyone Gus is known for that move I.e Lewis etc at panthers

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d suggest with the petition signed to keep him the prince. But it could be anyone Gus is known for that move I.e Lewis etc at panthers
Yeah I reckon maybe calling out Jackson and Lewis.

Reactions: ATT