Meaney signs with Storm

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m sorry, no room for sentiment. Nice clean cut kid and all, but off to fk’n reggies for you son.

we are spoon bound anyway and your future lies elsewhere. Thanks for your service. We must work towards 2022.

Averillo FB
Bring that flop back to half back now. Give him 7 for the remainder of the season. He’s either gonna get better or he’s gone. We are paying him next year anyway at this stage. Time to die by the sword
Yes I agree. We might as well drop Meaney and give Averillo some experience there at fullback and let Flanagan play himself back into form hopefully. Nothing to lose in this year. No chance of us making the 8.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've done this the past several years....sat back and watched all the good players go elsewhere.

Just as it is very hard for the players to get Desball out of their system; it seems our management can't change their outcomes either.

Not sure what happened with the good job they did with JAC, Burto and Naden.

Can anyone imagine what the members meeting would be like with this latest news today. Covid saved the Board lol.

You gotta try and laugh about what we are going through atm :(
Only half the cavalry is arriving next year (backs). We need a FULL cavalry (forwards)

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This forum loves making it sound like every player we lose is another Damien Cook or JT. Fact of the matter is Meaney is the exact type of player we should not be spending money on. We are way better off saving his money and going after a player who might actually contribute to winning. If he goes well at the Storm its because he's at the Storm and not because he's some generational talent.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What exactly has he made happen?
Try’s, decent carry’s out of trouble, got through the line to put Avo on that run for his try against Dragons. Handy goal kicker pretty good percentage, even though Avo mainly be kicker lately. Apart from last game pretty safe under the high ball.
Any of our other backs been better this year?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Try’s, decent carry’s out of trouble, got through the line to put Avo on that run for his try against Dragons. Handy goal kicker pretty good percentage, even though Avo mainly be kicker lately. Apart from last game pretty safe under the high ball.
Any of our other backs been better this year?
Are we talking about the same Meaney here?

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Put me down if you like but 4 try’s, 1 goal, avg 126m run 93% tackle efficiency, a line break, 3 try assists.
Agree not high in the league but about the best in our team other than Avo.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha your boy better deliver for us whilst my boy’s busy winning premierships with another club :relieved:
$100 storm won’t win the comp next year? Not disagreeing just like having a punt mate ;)

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haha your boy better deliver for us whilst my boy’s busy winning premierships with another club :relieved:
I got no, I mean high hopes for Casey lol Was actually surprised he can still play flegg and how tall the kid is in the sheds. Mate kid may come good, maybe...

Meaney can go make something of himself, can see slater working wonders with him...

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
$100 storm won’t win the comp next year? Not disagreeing just like having a punt mate ;)
Haha nice try mate.

Can’t find a 2022 market yet but I’d say conservatively the Storm would be paying about $5.50 to win the comp next year.

So if you wanna play ball then I’ll take the Storm with a return of $550, and you can have the other 15 clubs with a return of $100. What do you say?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha nice try mate.

Can’t find a 2022 market yet but I’d say conservatively the Storm would be paying about $5.50 to win the comp next year.

So if you wanna play ball then I’ll take the Storm with a return of $550, and you can have the other 15 clubs with a return of $100. What do you say?
Mate some advice I’d like to share with you… “if you ain’t shaking..you don’t have enough on it” let’s do it.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This isnt a big loss, he hasn't really stood out in our horrible team, we need a revamp so none of these players currently leaving bother me that much, whats worrying me is how we havent made more signings yet, would have loved Johnson, a 9 and a prop.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate some advice I’d like to share with you… “if you ain’t shaking..you don’t have enough on it” let’s do it.
Alright you’re on mate. I’ve screenshotted the bet. I’ll get a verified bet thread going tomorrow to keep track of these matters.

Life bans for anyone who doesn’t pay up