Meaney signs with Storm

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Move on.. We lost Nick Meaney, not Jonathan Thurtson again.. It's not worth losing any sleep over. Every outside back looks good at the Storm.

Once round 11 comes and we can play Kiraz, Toia and some other kids, no one will be talking about Meaney..
Yep agreed.

Also we never “lost” Meaney. He actually went to the storm for less money than we offered him. He was presented the opportunity to become a better player in a better system

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nothing to nut over tbh. He is an average player in one of best systems under the GOAT coach.
The point is we went from an average player to a below average player in Naden who has feet for hands. We love adding to the list of feet for hands players, Okunbor etc. TBallz is the man Yeh, Flanno, Waddells, Burns, Allen, White line Naden, TBallz has the best eye for talent

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
They have a pretty fair spine we don’t its as simple as that we have a dud 1/7/9 that makes a big difference

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They have a pretty fair spine we don’t its as simple as that we have a dud 1/7/9 that makes a big difference
That's the point I'm trying to make, we worry too much about changes to certain players that will have about a 1% effect on results, instead of using the money for spine positions(It's been going on for 10 plus years for a hooker and 15 years since we had a decent halfback).
We keep letting people inside the club stuff us around. I'm sure it will be different moving forward because Gus is now here, but he's only been here for 5 minutes, he's going to need time.
Like even with the coaches. We had so many chances in the past to throw $2m a year to a Bellemy or Bennet. Bennett was on his way 2 times. And 2 times we knocked him back. The first time we opted to give Kevin Moore the Head coaching role and the second time I don't know what happened.
These dumb decisions just keep repeating themselves.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That's the point I'm trying to make, we worry too much about changes to certain players that will have about a 1% effect on results, instead of using the money for spine positions(It's been going on for 10 plus years for a hooker and 15 years since we had a decent halfback).
We keep letting people inside the club stuff us around. I'm sure it will be different moving forward because Gus is now here, but he's only been here for 5 minutes, he's going to need time.
Like even with the coaches. We had so many chances in the past to throw $2m a year to a Bellemy or Bennet. Bennett was on his way 2 times. And 2 times we knocked him back. The first time we opted to give Kevin Moore the Head coaching role and the second time I don't know what happened.
These dumb decisions just keep repeating themselves.
Bennett with the side we had in 2009 would have been interesting

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I stuck up for the kid every week. I hope one day we will get him back.
That's fucken mean man, thought you liked the kid :tearsofjoy:
Barely joking either...but I hope he gets better he could be a long term backline player at the Storm, it's possible anyway.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People are still putting shit on Meaney saying it’s cause of the Storm but he was our best back easily- even in the shit house Dog’s system. He wasn’t a world beater, but certainly was compared to Allen, knockonmore etc
Was a mistake an obvious at time. Not a JT, Cook caliber of mistake but a mistake nonetheless.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People are still putting shit on Meaney saying it’s cause of the Storm but he was our best back easily- even in the shit house Dog’s system. He wasn’t a world beater, but certainly was compared to Allen, knockonmore etc
Was a mistake an obvious at time. Not a JT, Cook caliber of mistake but a mistake nonetheless.
I've thought a few decisions the club made over the last few years were strange. Both Meaney and the half who came with him from Newcastle (who's name eludes me right now) seemed like they deserved more chances.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've thought a few decisions the club made over the last few years were strange. Both Meaney and the half who came with him from Newcastle (who's name eludes me right now) seemed like they deserved more chances.
Jack Cogger