Meaney signs with Storm

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Alright you’re on mate. I’ve screenshotted the bet. I’ll get a verified bet thread going tomorrow to keep track of these matters.

Life bans for anyone who doesn’t pay up
Sounds good mate I am rock solid. My character references are TAB and Sportsbet. Cheers.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Storm lost Hynes and Bellamy wanted a simailar back up player (outside back who can play in back 3 and kick goals)
Meaney fits the bill. Not sure he will be a Papenhuyzen or a Hynes but he may get a spot on the bench or play mostly for sunshine falcons only time will tell
I agree Dogs do need to stop paying overs for players! Barrett has also said signings for ‘band aid’ fixes or short term is not what the club wants to do
So interesting to see how we go in our next signings

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
ive got $50 that horse loses the bet and doesn't pay up
Bet accepted. Thank you for volunteering to cover half of my losses if I go down. Very kind of you Rod

Screenshot of this will be added to the bet monitoring thread tomorrow.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Bet accepted. Thank you for volunteering to cover half of my losses if I go down. Very kind of you Rod

The old insurance policy aye… certainly minimises the risk doesn’t it :tearsofjoy:

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score

the bet obviously wasn't open to you but even if it was you can't just bet rape someone like that, i offered a specific sequence of events so what happens if you win your bet and it means that my event didn't happen, do you also win our bet?, if there is an earthquake and Mr 83 is seriously injured leading to the bet to be mutually called off, do you still win $50 from me?

the funny thing was that you explained to me that i would be covering half your losses as if i wasn't able to calculate that part, what am i an asshole ffs?, silly me for assuming that we are smart people with mutual respect and it goes without saying that you can't accept the bet, if i offered the full amount of $100 or $200 would you still take the bet and explain what it means?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw i withdraw my bet offer, i think horse would pay out just to see me lose $50 or he could just get a fake account/friend to take the bet

also who the hell knows, maybe horse is earning $150,000 and can wipe his ass with $100

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
This forum loves making it sound like every player we lose is another Damien Cook or JT. Fact of the matter is Meaney is the exact type of player we should not be spending money on. We are way better off saving his money and going after a player who might actually contribute to winning. If he goes well at the Storm its because he's at the Storm and not because he's some generational talent.
Fuck off he isn't... How many players do we have off contract. Fuck all left on the market and we've gotta fill our top 30 somehow, guess we will just keep Katoa and Britt lol

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The old insurance policy aye… certainly minimises the risk doesn’t it :tearsofjoy:
Thats a terrible bet on your part. I really dont think you should agree to taking that much risk.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try’s, decent carry’s out of trouble, got through the line to put Avo on that run for his try against Dragons. Handy goal kicker pretty good percentage, even though Avo mainly be kicker lately. Apart from last game pretty safe under the high ball.
Any of our other backs been better this year?
Certainly not. Has made a lot less mistakes than Cotric by the way, who has also been good. Meaney seriously provides the most bang for buck in our squad.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The talent pool continues to drain, should of matched the Storms offer with DWZs money, he was improving every year.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Thats a terrible bet on your part. I really dont think you should agree to taking that much risk.
Thank you for your concern Baby but I think it was actually quite a fair bet and there is multiple ways I can hedge from my side. This ain’t my first rodeo ;)

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The talent pool continues to drain, should of matched the Storms offer with DWZs money, he was improving every year.
The club seems to be totally inactive with signing new contracts for anyone in the current squad.

Last edited:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you watch him last Sunday ? He was horrible mate
The previous week he was good, if Bellamy can see the potential so can I, how many times has he had to be the back up fullback?
Some people say he isn't big or strong enough so how did Ben Barba do it?

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The previous week he was good, if Bellamy can see the potential so can I, how many times has he had to be the back up fullback?
Some people say he isn't big or strong enough so how did Ben Barba do it?
It’s all a matter of opinion mate. I don’t think he has improved at all since he joined us but it’s ok that you do.

It’s important to remember he has only been signed as a backup at the storm. He won’t make their starting side unless there are injuries or suspensions.

I don’t think his size is a factor. I want Avo to be our fullback next year and he isn’t much bigger. I just don’t think he has the ball skills to be a top line fullback