Other News Source Mbye / DWZ Swap / DWZ possibly headed to Dogs

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would feel for Mbye though. People say loyalty from players is dead. Well what about the clubs? Potentially shafting your captain after only what 12 games? HALFWAY through a season.
That how shit a player he is.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Madge said yesterday that they have spoken to DWZ but they don't want to release mbye.

If they really don't want to release Mbye that's a good thing, puts us in a better position to sign DWZ.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Madge said yesterday that they have spoken to DWZ but they don't want to release mbye.

If they really don't want to release Mbye that's a good thing, puts us in a better position to sign DWZ.
Do you think we're actually trying to sign him though? I have massive doubts.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you think we're actually trying to sign him though? I have massive doubts.
I read yesterday that we made an approach but could be bs. He doesn't really fit into the type of players Anderson and Pay would look for so you're probably right.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I read yesterday that we made an approach but could be bs. He doesn't really fit into the type of players Anderson and Pay would look for so you're probably right.
He's kinda just a faster version of Hoppa without the silky hands lol.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe underneath all this we may get Thompson back in the super cheap.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well .. it's not like Meaney has set the world on fire so far?
Exsctly. That's why I'm saying DWZ wouldn't want to come here to play wing or centre like people are suggesting with their projected lineups.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When the tigers wanted Dudbye I thought suck shit to the tigers even though we had to pay some of his contract, the doggies might be running last but hearing that the tigers want him gone I hope he digs his heals in just to make the bastards suffer.
How is it other teams see Dudbye as a quality player and want him in their team, the only sprint training he does is when he sees a tv crew looking to interview the captain at halftime, it's a wonder he doesn't actually run onto the ground with a selfie stick and wearing a headset to comentate how great he is during a game.
I'd have him at hooker back here at dogs

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not really possible until he was only given the release yesterday

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
DWZ is a strong powerful finisher with great hands.... I'd take him over Okunbor any day of the week..
I think the injury to Okunbor is a blessing in disguise for him. He has had a taste of first grade. Great potential to be a superstar, however and a BIG however, he needs to believe in himself. The downtime through injury will hopefully do him the world of good mentally.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wests Tigers launch $3 million fire sale in bid to sign Kiwi captain Dallin Watene-Zelezniak

The Wests Tigers are in the midst of a $3 million fire sale as new coach Michael Maguire attempts to create room to sign Kiwi Test captain Dallin Watene-Zelezniak.

While the Bulldogs are also chasing the signature of DWZ, Maguire and the Tigers are in the box seat given the head coach is also the New Zealand Test coach.

Watene-Zelezniak has agreed to terms with the Tigers but cannot sign anything until the club first moves a player.

Which opens up a far deeper issue at the club.

Premiership-winning coach Maguire has now had seven months at the Tigers to pore over the club’s salary cap predicament and the roster primarily created by Ivan Cleary.

The Tigers have been unofficially shopping some of the biggest names on their roster who are on long-term contracts for months.

Josh Reynolds, Russell Packer, Elijah Taylor, Chris McQueen and even Ben Matulino and Moses Mbye have all been mentioned at rival clubs.

The bigger issue is Reynolds, Packer and Matulino are all signed until the end of 2021 on the back of inking four-year deals.

The same goes for captain Mbye, who was shifted from fullback to the centres for last night’s loss to the Raiders.

Cleary was the one who ticked off on signing them to the big money, long-term contracts.

Remember the vision about getting on the bus?

So Maguire has inherited a salary cap mess which is none of his own doing.

Then there was also the salary cap punishments on the back of CEO Justin Pascoe’s handling of the Robbie Farah exit from the club back in 2016.

Of the other players the Tigers are looking to move, McQueen has one year to run but has been told he can look elsewhere.

This has nothing to do with his playing ability but simply the fact the Tigers need to try and resolve the salary cap mess.

Former Kiwi Test backrower Taylor is another player who Cleary ticked off on signing on good money but has failed to make an impression on Maguire.

Reynolds is on a $3 million deal but has only managed to play nine games since joining the Tigers at the end of 2017.

A big part of the problem with the players the Tigers are trying to shop is no rival NRL club is prepared to pick them up for anywhere near the money they are on.

It’s another unwanted headache for Maguire as he attempts to fix a scenario where several players are overpaid. All of which was none of his doing.

In the meantime, the Tigers coach is also trying to win games.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...k/news-story/55faad3773c18f1a497394f8ec877e84

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wests Tigers launch $3 million fire sale in bid to sign Kiwi captain Dallin Watene-Zelezniak

The Wests Tigers are in the midst of a $3 million fire sale as new coach Michael Maguire attempts to create room to sign Kiwi Test captain Dallin Watene-Zelezniak.

While the Bulldogs are also chasing the signature of DWZ, Maguire and the Tigers are in the box seat given the head coach is also the New Zealand Test coach.

Watene-Zelezniak has agreed to terms with the Tigers but cannot sign anything until the club first moves a player.

Which opens up a far deeper issue at the club.

Premiership-winning coach Maguire has now had seven months at the Tigers to pore over the club’s salary cap predicament and the roster primarily created by Ivan Cleary.

The Tigers have been unofficially shopping some of the biggest names on their roster who are on long-term contracts for months.

Josh Reynolds, Russell Packer, Elijah Taylor, Chris McQueen and even Ben Matulino and Moses Mbye have all been mentioned at rival clubs.

The bigger issue is Reynolds, Packer and Matulino are all signed until the end of 2021 on the back of inking four-year deals.

The same goes for captain Mbye, who was shifted from fullback to the centres for last night’s loss to the Raiders.

Cleary was the one who ticked off on signing them to the big money, long-term contracts.

Remember the vision about getting on the bus?

So Maguire has inherited a salary cap mess which is none of his own doing.

Then there was also the salary cap punishments on the back of CEO Justin Pascoe’s handling of the Robbie Farah exit from the club back in 2016.

Of the other players the Tigers are looking to move, McQueen has one year to run but has been told he can look elsewhere.

This has nothing to do with his playing ability but simply the fact the Tigers need to try and resolve the salary cap mess.

Former Kiwi Test backrower Taylor is another player who Cleary ticked off on signing on good money but has failed to make an impression on Maguire.

Reynolds is on a $3 million deal but has only managed to play nine games since joining the Tigers at the end of 2017.

A big part of the problem with the players the Tigers are trying to shop is no rival NRL club is prepared to pick them up for anywhere near the money they are on.

It’s another unwanted headache for Maguire as he attempts to fix a scenario where several players are overpaid. All of which was none of his doing.

In the meantime, the Tigers coach is also trying to win games.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...k/news-story/55faad3773c18f1a497394f8ec877e84
Madge must have forgotten to check the Tigers books before he signed up to be coach!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I love how Madge wouldn't consider coaching us because how bad the books were but he joined the Tigers who somehow are more cap fucked than us.

I think Mitch Connor is right. He'll end up at the Tigers and we're probably just being used to drive up his price.

Which isn't the end of the world in my opinion as Drinkwater or Papenhuyzen would be better fullbacks for us.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the injury to Okunbor is a blessing in disguise for him. He has had a taste of first grade. Great potential to be a superstar, however and a BIG however, he needs to believe in himself. The downtime through injury will hopefully do him the world of good mentally.
I agree. Same with Reimis Smith, I thought he would be ordinary when he came back for his second stint of FG but he totally surprised me with his progress from raw reserve grader to a genuine FG winger.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe the Mormon connection might just be enough to bring him over.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Tigers have to shake up their roster this much to fit DWZ in it makes you wonder what his asking price is! He’s a pretty decent player but I’m not sure he is worth getting into a bidding war for.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Tigers don't have the coin, but I think as a club are trying stalling tactics via the media on this one.

By that I mean putting out the feelers "hey our other players are available", in hope another club snaps them up, frees up their cap space (reduced next year over the Pascoe/Farah stunt), and allows them to sign DWZ.

You'd have to think with a Panthers connection already Dogs are in the box seat (Crichton and CHN), and with DWZ's manager being Reimis Smiths dad. Add in several names departing, and probably spots available across the backline (including pressure on Meaney at fullback).

IF Reimis isn't happy at the club though (along with CHN/Crichton), that could be a factor in where he ends up.

So on our side we have former Panthers and his managers son.

Tyran also managers a fair few Tigers players.

DWZ needs a fresh club to get the best out of him, and I reckon Tigers are eyeing him to replace Thompson rather than Mbye.

I'm putting the feelers out there with a few people I know in Panthers land to see if I can get any more info on this one, but as a departing club I'm not confident of hearing much more than the media.

Could go either way really, BUT we need strike power in the backs and he offers that.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tigers don't have the coin, but I think as a club are trying stalling tactics via the media on this one.

By that I mean putting out the feelers "hey our other players are available", in hope another club snaps them up, frees up their cap space (reduced next year over the Pascoe/Farah stunt), and allows them to sign DWZ.

You'd have to think with a Panthers connection already Dogs are in the box seat (Crichton and CHN), and with DWZ's manager being Reimis Smiths dad. Add in several names departing, and probably spots available across the backline (including pressure on Meaney at fullback).

IF Reimis isn't happy at the club though (along with CHN/Crichton), that could be a factor in where he ends up.

So on our side we have former Panthers and his managers son.

Tyran also managers a fair few Tigers players.

DWZ needs a fresh club to get the best out of him, and I reckon Tigers are eyeing him to replace Thompson rather than Mbye.

I'm putting the feelers out there with a few people I know in Panthers land to see if I can get any more info on this one, but as a departing club I'm not confident of hearing much more than the media.

Could go either way really, BUT we need strike power in the backs and he offers that.

It was reported DWZ was on 800k per year.

Now who knows what the Panthers will be paying him to play at a different club, but there is noway a player will renegotiate their current contract for a lesser value

Reading all reports, this reminds me of the Woods signing and getting rid of our captain Graham!

Tigers have signed DWZ and are trying to work out how they can get rid of Mbye in the nicest and most respectable way