News Matt Burton wants out

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah but it was a forum for rugby league fans in general talking about the game. Would you spend years on a forum that just purely talks about the dragons or the eels ? I doubt it
I cant these days as life is so busy. If I was a retired bloke then things might be different...
I used to love sitting around the pub, having a few, watching whatever match was on & chewing the fat with whoever was there, irrespective of who they supported. Nowadays with piss being so expensive out, a booz bus around every corner & raising kids I have to be content getting the equivalent on here, but without the input of fans from other teams.
I suspect OP has time on his hands & is just a lover of the game.
I also never feel he is trolling, despite a differing view on many of the topics commented on.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I cant these days as life is so busy. If I was a retired bloke then things might be different...
I used to love sitting around the pub, having a few, watching whatever match was on & chewing the fat with whoever was there, irrespective of who they supported. Nowadays with piss being so expensive out, a booz bus around every corner & raising kids I have to be content getting the equivalent on here, but without the input of fans from other teams.
I suspect OP has time on his hands & is just a lover of the game.
I also never feel he is trolling, despite a differing view on many of the topics commented on.
Im retired and what you have written here is spot on, i drift off and online throughout the day, its like background conversation that you comment on as you feel inclined.
Difference with online is that everything is public so not like a private conversation at the pub.

grunta

= dOgGyStYlE =
Reaction score
If I'm not welcome I'll happily leave. Don't want to upset anyone. That comment was informative. I corrected information Hooper either omitted or got wrong.
I think you should go mate! Your post in the past have been constructive and awesome to read but now I think you are just sounding silly and completely on the defensive and not seeing this for how it really is... if it was your son in this position, would you want him being held back a full year playing reserve grave or out of position, holding back his development, missing out on hundreds of thousands of dollars! A footballers career is only very short and to deny and holy the poor kid back from living out his life long dream is so wrong on so many levels and both yourself and the panthers should be ashamed of yourselves... ps don't let the door hit you on the way out

grunta

= dOgGyStYlE =
Reaction score
Wasn't really directed at you, was more of a general comment to all who have no time for old panther.

But it is what it is. You can go to town on me if it makes you feel good, doesn't faze me.
Your first words were piss off, is that not directed at me? Surely you could have started your sentence about better...

I've really enjoyed reading oldpanthers comments and looking at things from a different perspective! But to read some of his comments of late l think he has his horse blinkers on and is looking out for his panthers rather than the individual. Double standards and contraindications... I'd like to see if it was his son in this position! I know what he'd be doing

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think you should go mate! Your post in the past have been constructive and awesome to read but now I think you are just sounding silly and completely on the defensive and not seeing this for how it really is... if it was your son in this position, would you want him being held back a full year playing reserve grave or out of position, holding back his development, missing out on hundreds of thousands of dollars! A footballers career is only very short and to deny and holy the poor kid back from living out his life long dream is so wrong on so many levels and both yourself and the panthers should be ashamed of yourselves... ps don't let the door hit you on the way out
Except I've said I'd like the two clubs to come to agreeable terms before the season starts. It's just this is happening at an important time for the club.

If it was my kid (3 daughters) I'd be telling them to honour the contract and only leave with mutual agreement between player and club. It's just as important the dogs know they're getting someone with good character who won't screw over the club during their time there.

grunta

= dOgGyStYlE =
Reaction score
Have some respect? Are you being serious?
Did l stutter mate? I wrote what was on my mind and got told to piss off... I'm not trying to cause and trouble! Im just a passionate dogs supporter and this whole Burton situation is just so wrong on so many levels, there is only one right thing to do here and that's for him to be released

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Except I've said I'd like the two clubs to come to agreeable terms before the season starts. It's just this is happening at an important time for the club.

If it was my kid (3 daughters) I'd be telling them to honour the contract and only leave with mutual agreement between player and club. It's just as important the dogs know they're getting someone with good character who won't screw over the club during their time there.
100% correct. People on here are demanding Penrith let Burton go, why should they? he has signed a contract for next year and Penrith have every right to keep him.
If there is a player swap that benefits Penrith then there is an option, lets hope that happens as id love to see him across this year.

grunta

= dOgGyStYlE =
Reaction score

Ivan is doing this out of spite, he is a contradicting selfish ****! Id like to see if Nathan was in Burton's position and what Ivan would do... he walked out on his contract at the tigers, left their salary cap in a mess! Signed players for massive massive overs then just ups and leaves... turns his back on the club and players who he was coaching and mentoring and helping! He's a selfish germ and what he's doing to this young kid emotions, his family, his career and his life in general is shameful...

Mate he was happy to honour his contact but when he has all the skills to be a starting 6, (in my opinion he will be better than luai in a few years) but knows he will be playing nsw cup most of ge year, do you blame him for wanting out of his contract? The kid has is all... he's the complete package! He's tough as nails, great passing game, great long and short kicking game, great vision, speed, unpredictability, great footwork, good size for a 5/8, great footy brain... mark my words you guys will be paying for this loss for years to come! This kid is special, and kids like this don't come come around to often #freeburton

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your first words were piss off, is that not directed at me? Surely you could have started your sentence about better...

I've really enjoyed reading oldpanthers comments and looking at things from a different perspective! But to read some of his comments of late l think he has his horse blinkers on and is looking out for his panthers rather than the individual. Double standards and contraindications... I'd like to see if it was his son in this position! I know what he'd be doing
Piss off were words to exclaim the fact that I don't support anyone telling old panther to leave.

Regardless of weather he wants Burton to stay at the foot of the mountain or not, and Regardless of perceived double standards I still want to hear his point of view and why he supports that point of view.

Also also if Burton were his son he may have a different stance, but that's hypothetical, it would be like him saying if I were a panthers supporter what would I want?

We all know the bulldogs point of view, 8m interested in others points of view.

grunta

= dOgGyStYlE =
Reaction score
Piss off were words to exclaim the fact that I don't support anyone telling old panther to leave.

Regardless of weather he wants Burton to stay at the foot of the mountain or not, and Regardless of perceived double standards I still want to hear his point of view and why he supports that point of view.

Also also if Burton were his son he may have a different stance, but that's hypothetical, it would be like him saying if I were a panthers supporter what would I want?

We all know the bulldogs point of view, 8m interested in others points of view.
Well maybe next time try using different words than opening your sentence with piss off... I never disrespected you, please don't disrespect me!

Agree to disagree mate, your all over the shop with your replies!

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ivan is doing this out of spite, he is a contradicting selfish ****! Id like to see if Nathan was in Burton's position and what Ivan would do... he walked out on his contract at the tigers, left their salary cap in a mess! Signed players for massive massive overs then just ups and leaves... turns his back on the club and players who he was coaching and mentoring and helping! He's a selfish germ and what he's doing to this young kid emotions, his family, his career and his life in general is shameful...

Mate he was happy to honour his contact but when he has all the skills to be a starting 6, (in my opinion he will be better than luai in a few years) but knows he will be playing nsw cup most of ge year, do you blame him for wanting out of his contract? The kid has is all... he's the complete package! He's tough as nails, great passing game, great long and short kicking game, great vision, speed, unpredictability, great footwork, good size for a 5/8, great footy brain... mark my words you guys will be paying for this loss for years to come! This kid is special, and kids like this don't come come around to often #freeburton
We agree on Burton's skill. He'll be a rep player of the future.

A lot of Panthers fans dislike what happened with the tigers. Me most of all. The ethical side of that isn't an argument since we'd all likely agree. The difference of opinion is on hypocrisy. He broke his deal and came to terms with the tigers. If Burton is released with an agreed deal it's the same outcome.

The biggest thing there though is the spite comment. If there was bad blood you wouldn't have got Hetherington with us chipping in. That's a mutually beneficial deal with the clubs both demonstrating a willingness to work together at an administration level.

Gawd_Dawg_BB

Banned
Reaction score
T

So catdog have they sent you a jersey yet

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well maybe next time try using different words than opening your sentence with piss off... I never disrespected you, please don't disrespect me!

Agree to disagree mate, your all over the shop with your replies!
Piss off, im not all over the shop with my replies, and your in no position to tell me how to open my sentences/ that's very disrespectful ; )