Official Matt Burton to join the Bulldogs in 2022

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah but you got to consider whats best for the players future. You cant expect a player with his potential to sit in reggies for his career
Not really if the best for my club was to have a fantastic back up half after making the GF the year before I wouldn’t be doing another team a favour.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah put the bait out there and see what we can get. Hopefully something for our celery cap. Just depends how much the dogs want Burton right now.
Pretty bad I reckon. At least T Baz would like to get the halves combo forming now. Maybe letting Reimis go was to make way for another outside back.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Not really if the best for my club was to have a fantastic back up half after making the GF the year before I wouldn’t be doing another team a favour.
Hes their 4th string half. I dont think it will hurt their club much.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well if wakeham or lewis got a better offer to play Fg would you stop them? I wouldnt.
Comparing apples with oranges there if Lewis got a better offer I would shout him the taxi ride out of Belmore. Burton also has the utility value who could be a great 14 and will probably play a role for the Panthers next year.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Comparing apples with oranges there if Lewis got a better offer I would shout him the taxi ride out of Belmore. Burton also has the utility value who could be a great 14 and will probably play a role for the Panthers next year.
Your the one that brought up the comparison. He doesnt want to be a utility though, he deserves a starting spot in the halves and he cant get that at penrith.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Your the one that brought up the comparison. He doesnt want to be a utility though, he deserves a starting spot in the halves and he cant get that at penrith.
I’m not comparing halves specifically what I’m saying is while Burton isn’t vital to the Panthers he will definitely come in handy and it’s a player they would want to keep around. It doesn’t really matter if he deserves a spot or not he is contracted to the Panthers next year. Saying he deserves a spot really means nothing in the scheme of things.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Did anyone see the article from panthers saying they will only release him if they get something back :p

How about Zelezniak :p

They also say its not fair when clubs lose juniors....... Funny its not fair....... Yet dogs have been getting ripped apart for years. He wanted a portion of the first year of their contract to go to the club that developed them :p Bit rich, for a club with a huge catchment in rugby league heartland. If anyone should get a bonus if a player of theirs makes NRL from the club they sign for is the junior clubs these guys played for. The money would do more for them.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
This is why the announcement took a while. He knocked the dogs back at first.View attachment 18811
Gonna need a sauce for that porky pie!

Lol, I guess it's possible....but I think it's more than likely that Burton wanted out because there was no clear path to him playing first grade as a starting half there. At the end of the day, he deserves that opportunity.

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That never happened... some fibbers over there
Gonna need a sauce for that porky pie!

Lol, I guess it's possible....but I think it's more than likely that Burton wanted out because there was no clear path to him playing first grade as a starting half there. At the end of the day, he deserves that opportunity.

That bloke is very reliable. Is rarely wrong with rumours. His batting average is up there with Bradman.