Matt Burton | Consolidated thread

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He doesnt run the ball enough... Averages 70m a game, not utilising his biggest strength

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it’s either that or lose him. you pick
Why do I have to pick.?

If I was to pick I’ll pick Munster if he Burton doesn’t accept $750k...

and that’s being very generous offering $750k
people need to stop dick ridding him and blowing smoke up his arse. Would I prefer if he stayed yes but not for the reported $875k.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why do I have to pick.?

If I was to pick I’ll pick Munster if he Burton doesn’t accept $750k...

and that’s being very generous offering $750k
people need to stop dick ridding him and blowing smoke up his arse. Would I prefer if he stayed yes but not for the reported $875k.
It's actually insane that people think making Burton the second highest paid 5/8 in the game is good business. Burton still has so much to learn and improve on, his ball playing, game management and general kicking game are all quite weak. I'm sure being in our team isn't helping but his ball playing is the biggest concern, he just doesn't approach the line like a ball player and runs more like an outside back. Maybe a better hooker, better system and some players running better lines will help him. Personally I feel he might be better suited to fullback at this stage of his career.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's actually insane that people think making Burton the second highest paid 5/8 in the game is good business. Burton still has so much to learn and improve on, his ball playing, game management and general kicking game are all quite weak. I'm sure being in our team isn't helping but his ball playing is the biggest concern, he just doesn't approach the line like a ball player and runs more like an outside back. Maybe a better hooker, better system and some players running better lines will help him. Personally I feel he might be better suited to fullback at this stage of his career.
He's only 22 mate!
He knows he has sooo much to learn.
So you dont think he is worth taking a chance on being only 22 and where he is at!?!
I know alot of other teams would....
He was only a 50% goal kicker last year now 75% has that changed has it not..

Try to have some positive about the side!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He's only 22 mate!
He knows he has sooo much to learn.
So you dont think he is worth taking a chance on being only 22 and where he is at!?!
I know alot of other teams would....
He was only a 50% goal kicker last year now 75% has that changed has it not..

Try to have some positive about the side!
He's going to be getting paid top tier 5/8 money, how old he is irrelevant because we need the performances now.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just noticed how similar circumstances and players Deouhi and Burton are. Both inanely talented and physically gifted players but are both insanely inconsistent.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just noticed how similar circumstances and players Deouhi and Burton are. Both inanely talented and physically gifted players but are both insanely inconsistent.
And both are on bottom 5 teams. It's hard for any half to shine when your team is a rabble and the rest of the spine is reserve grade standard. Even the best halves can't do anything when you're losing 72-6 and 42-6 etc..

Burton has a lot to improve on no doubt. I'm confident he'll work on his flaws over the preseason and will benefit greatly from Mahoney's service, Kikau attracting attention from defenders and Ciraldo getting the team fitter and better defensively than we have been in years.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I really don't get why we are talking about Munster... If we got Munster we would need to move Burton to 7. While he could play that role I think it would be a mistake. Munster is no 7 he is either a 5/8 or Fullback. Signing him to play Fullback is one thing but signing him as a half makes no sense as far as sensible spending of the salary cap. If we were to lose Burton that would be a differet story. BUt with CC on board can't see that happening.
Hynes transitioned to 7 ok and works well with Moylan...Fitz made that work with his gameplan.

Highly unlikely for Gus to sign him anyway but maybe Munster and CC could adapt our gameplan as well and make Burto/Munster a combo? :grinning:

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It amazes me that the Kennel still hasn't worked out how Gus operates. Gus NEVER pays overs for a player, which automatically excludes any player who the whole rugby league community rates highly - like Munster! Gus goes after young blokes who he rates higher than their current clubs do, such as Franklin Pele. On the rare occasions he goes after a big name, he goes for one whose current club can no longer afford him, because of salary cap pressure, such as Kikau or Mahoney.

Also - most important - he keeps quiet about it until the deal is done.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We don’t need “Too Flight” in a 7.

We need a good solid game managing half. That can compliment Burton.

Hastings would be the one I would go for. He would be half the price of Munster and more of the style of Half we need. Munster like Burton are genuine 6’s.
Hastings is average just like 95% of the halves in the NRL

Munster, Hughes, Cleary

and

than

the

remainder

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Aged well.
Burton schooled Parra 1st game and Mitchell schooled Dogs the second game

We beat parra scum by 30 and than lose to them by 36 in the same season in a space of 2 months.....shows you how "good" the teams are

Panthers, Storm and Rooters are miles ahead of the remainder of the comp

Who have been the minor premiers the last 10 years?

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's going to be getting paid top tier 5/8 money, how old he is irrelevant because we need the performances now.
I think you forgot about his halves partner, he's doing it all himself at the moment and targeted as well because he's on his own , we need to get him a halfback before playing him in this side beside Flanagan screws him permanently!