Matt Burton consolidated thread

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
1st half down in the penrith game and without thier key players, the hyped up Matty Burton isn’t living up to it IMO.
I’m not tryna knock the kid but if we think he’s going to be our saviour I have my doubts.
The depleted Penrith team he is surrounded by tonight have much more talent than our dogs, and the kid can’t seem to create anything, direct or command. No doubt it’s a shit game with shit calls and stupid mistakes all over the show, but with all of the opportunities penrith have had on their line tonight I would hope burton would be able to break West Tigers poor defence.He’s looking like Flanno and Avo have this year, simple plays, nothing on the line and kicks on set ends.
Hopefully the kid proves me wrong and comes flying out the second half, but if he can’t create anything on the pitch with this penrith side, I’m concerned that he’ll be another passenger player in 2022, and maybe we should seriously be considering SJ as an experienced half to teach our young guys and take a general role in our side moving foward.
another nasheed post, stupid and uneducated

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’d rather have done one a little more level headed and consistency than SJ..... but I’d settle for any experience we can get at the moment. My concern is that Barrett just seems to want to buy mostly young talent. We need youth and experience.
Agree we need both, hence SJ. I think he can be consistent again, If he got a shot he wouldn’t blow it, would repay the favour.! Just my two cents however!!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
If people are expecting the Bulldogs to gell straight away next year will be disappointed.
They will though. If we don’t start with a huge bang, people will turn on Burton, Fox, Naden and anyone else we sign very quickly.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This was only his fourth start in the halves. He can't play perfect every game. Thankfully his poor performances are still better than most halves good games.

He's a great talent but what I like most about him is that he has a good head on his shoulders and he seems to want to be great while working hard enough and determined enough to get there. He's mentally strong which prepares him well for the responsibility he'll have next season..

Reaction score
Why are people already criticising him? I thought he was the only Penrith player that gave it 110%. Firstly, the team is usually structured and were missing 8 players. Second, he hadn't played in the halves all season. Thirdly, the last time he played in the halves for Penrith was Round 4, 2020.

The bloke just turned 21!.... Plus he was the only try scorer and not afraid to take the line on.

Most playmakers reach their prime around 23-27 so please relax, please. Look at Jarome Luai at 21, look at Cronk when he was 21. Be patient, trust long-term solutions and have abit of faith... I think we are coming together nicely for 2022. :grinning:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Please tell me we are not looking at SJ.
We should’ve kept Foran if we are.
No offers yet, just enquired. I honestly think nothing will come from it but you never know what desperation does...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I still love him and have faith in him.

BUT

We definately need Cheese to support him. Burts carried the whole team tonight. Every one else did fuck all.
He needs support, for sure. He won’t get much help from our current spine.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Cleary set him up to fail tonight and he still played pretty well. But what is clear is that without a decent DH and some more forwards the kid will make little difference to our side.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's the fourth Burton thread tonight and counting..

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Burton Mega thread lol.!!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don’t blame them I’m happy for them. It’s a big fuck you to Cleary lol
If it was Bulldogs I'd celebrating too lol but Pennies have 7 out. Dont want to take anything off them tho. The crowd gave it to Ivan hey haha