Matt Burton consolidated thread

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s been one half… in his other games in the halves, he was a gun. Here’s hoping to a better second half.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
The systems Panthers have trained for all season involve a lot of the players missing... Can't expect him to slot straight in with them out along with not playing in the halves all season and expect him to be killing it
Nah mate it's all Burton's fault haha

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He’s an incredibly talented player, but running a team next year will place a huge responsibility on his shoulders. Especially a team that has struggled as much as we have in recent years. We need to sign some experienced spine players to help him... he won’t work miracles if he has to do it alone. The first half tonight proves that no matter how good a young player is, getting a team tiring will always be an uphill battle without a quality roster and experience in key positions.
I hope Matt doesn’t end up becoming the kennel’s new whipping boy.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lol there’s already one thread on here criticising him for not doing a good enough job of running the team so far tonight. If we don’t win games early next year, the knives will come out for him pretty quickly. If you don’t believe me, wait snd watch.

We need experience in our spine.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
If you're gonna make a thread based on one game, nay one half, then by right you should've made a thread about 2 months ago when he got motm playing in the halves (and motm in reggies the week before).

I don't give a shit how he plays tonight. The kid has all the skill to become a fine footballer.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the point here is we need a few more decent signings to help the kid. Without a decent hooker and go forward he isn’t getting us into the top 8 on his own. I wonder how many people showing patience in this thread will do the same once he’s in our colours.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Certain people have been waiting for him to slip up so that they can shit on the signing.

He'll make a huge difference next season. He's been man of the match the three other games he's played in the halves.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If I was the kid reading this shit, I would reneg on my contract.

gibbobulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1st half down in the penrith game and without thier key players, the hyped up Matty Burton isn’t living up to it IMO.
I’m not tryna knock the kid but if we think he’s going to be our saviour I have my doubts.
The depleted Penrith team he is surrounded by tonight have much more talent than our dogs, and the kid can’t seem to create anything, direct or command. No doubt it’s a shit game with shit calls and stupid mistakes all over the show, but with all of the opportunities penrith have had on their line tonight I would hope burton would be able to break West Tigers poor defence.He’s looking like Flanno and Avo have this year, simple plays, nothing on the line and kicks on set ends.
Hopefully the kid proves me wrong and comes flying out the second half, but if he can’t create anything on the pitch with this penrith side, I’m concerned that he’ll be another passenger player in 2022, and maybe we should seriously be considering SJ as an experienced half to teach our young guys and take a general role in our side moving foward.
oh shut up sook