News Match Preview-Bulldogs v Wests Tigers: Same 17 likely; Simpkin, Talau set to miss

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
34 degrees on Sunday after a hot few days in a row. Hopefully we don’t melt in that second half like we have last two games.
It’s a worry. Last time we played in that kind of heat we got smashed.

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Serious? Douehi is their best player and biggest threat in attack.
He was abysmal on Sunday (couldn't execute anything and dudded what could have been a winning try) and not much better the week before. In general, sure, he may be their biggest threat in attack but being the best West Tigers player is really not much of an accolade right now. It's not that I don't think he has strike power but I just don't think he's a 6 or 7. At least not one the Tigers need right now. They're completely rudderless in attack.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Tigers will also be missing -
Isaiah Papali'i (Wests Tigers)Grade 2 Dangerous ContactGuilty - early plea1 match

Big Danger game mentally IMO - I'll take a win by 2, but obviously like everyone I'm hoping for a smash up in our favour.
For and against is crucial and most of the good teams will put a score on the Tigers. We need to take advantage of the Tigers playing busted so early in the season if we are even going to have a crack at top 8. It will also be a test for us to see where we are at with Ciraldo. Let's see if he can do what most coaches couldn't over the years and get consistency with a few wins on the (lets) trot.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For and against is crucial and most of the good teams will put a score on the Tigers. We need to take advantage of the Tigers playing busted so early in the season if we are even going to have a crack at top 8. It will also be a test for us to see where we are at with Ciraldo. Let's see if he can do what most coaches couldn't over the years and get consistency with a few wins on the (lets) trot.
Agreed.
It will be a massive tick of approval if CC is able to teach these boys how to win as favourites - something we have been hopeless at for years now.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
These are always danger games. being over confident is a killer. I hope Ciraldo can bring them back to earth.
I watched interviews after the game, the smaller interviews on fox. I havent seen anything CH9 related. I dont beleive over confident is a thing with this team.
Reed, CC mentioned that they have alot of work to do to improve individually and as a team. They spoke and acknowledged after the game that there where areas that they need to work on. Reed mentioned at the first opportunity his individual mistakes and that he needed to work on his game. Burton acknowledged his kicking errors and that he needs to sort it out.
Reed said Monday in his presser that they needed to enjoy and acknowledge the win but thats over and its back to business.
The comments didnt come accross as lip service, I beleive there is a differant focus than previous years.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agreed.
It will be a massive tick of approval if CC is able to teach these boys how to win as favourites - something we have been hopeless at for years now.
We haven't had a lot of practice at being favourites, nor at winning...

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I watched interviews after the game, the smaller interviews on fox. I havent seen anything CH9 related. I dont beleive over confident is a thing with this team.
Reed, CC mentioned that they have alot of work to do to improve individually and as a team. They spoke and acknowledged after the game that there where areas that they need to work on. Reed mentioned at the first opportunity his individual mistakes and that he needed to work on his game. Burton acknowledged his kicking errors and that he needs to sort it out.
Reed said Monday in his presser that they needed to enjoy and acknowledge the win but thats over and its back to business.
The comments didnt come accross as lip service, I beleive there is a differant focus than previous years.
I think you are correct. But with all the shit publicity the Tigers are getting, it would be difficult not to feel confident.
Being over confident can be a big mistake.

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don’t care what the score is, as long as we win! After seeing the tigers pathetic performance against the knights .. you feel we have this one in the bag! Especially if the boys start how they did last week.
oh no not the Scooby kiss of death! I could see us overcoming the curse of Belmore but not the Scooby kiss of death.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correct
When was the last time we were $1.33 favourite?
If the boys put in last weeks effort we have the talent to win this game by a good margin, the $1.33 favourites tag is what worry’s me, betting agency’s love a ruined multi, that & the way Tigers have been coping it in the media all week, their club & fans could really use a win and they better not get a leg up at our expense.

It’s Belmore, our home game, we should by rights get the rub of the green, referees and that damn bunker better not screw us over.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Change your profile pic fuck knuckle
Fuck Knuckle now lol… Wow I mean I you may take it to heart and not agree but gees fella I’ve never thrown insults around like that… but If thrown at me then so be it. Amazing how People seem to have chips on their shoulders an hurl abuse for no reason. And take a joke mate. It’s an avatar, I know whom I support and don’t need to be told otherwise by a twat water boy (insult approved) like you !!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck Knuckle now lol… Wow I mean I you may take it to heart and not agree but gees fella I’ve never thrown insults around like that… but If thrown at me then so be it. Amazing how People seem to have chips on their shoulders an hurl abuse for no reason. And take a joke mate. It’s an avatar, I know whom I support and don’t need to be told otherwise by a twat water boy (insult approved) like you !!
Come on scoob, you had to know that avatar was going to draw out some insults eventually .. At least he wheeled out a classic for you “Fuck Knuckle” you don’t hear that one much these days … [emoji23][emoji23]

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Come on scoob, you had to know that avatar was going to draw out some insults eventually .. At least he wheeled out a classic for you “Fuck Knuckle” you don’t hear that one much these days … [emoji23][emoji23]
No you don’t lol, The point was light hearted, no insults needed haha !! And hey I usually wouldn’t stoop to school kid level. But if ya can’t beat ‘em :tongueclosed:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep it's my vintage too @1967 and a classic :tearsofjoy: ..now I always thought it was fuckknuckle one word?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When i hear fuck knuckle it makes me think of Carl Barron

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When i hear fuck knuckle it makes me think of Carl Barron
This is one of his best … Fuckin love this bloke … I’ve seen him live at least 5 times,

Girl goes up to Karl at a bar & says “Karl, you’ve got no ass” ……

So he farts, and as he’s walking away with only a face Karl can pull, he says “well were’d that come from”