News Match Preview-Bulldogs v Wests Tigers: Same 17 likely; Simpkin, Talau set to miss

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
I keep on thinking about last season when we won our first game against the Roosters.
I remember we played Canberra.
I thought the monkey was off the back, they would have got confidence and they can build off that.
Instead, legit it was one of the most depressing games. The team looked like they could not care less and wanted to be anywhere else apart from being on the field.
The team looked like a bunch of zombies. As if they just came back from a funeral.
Staggering.
I hope history does not repeat itself
then the following week we lost to Newcastle
then Barrett was shown the door

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I keep on thinking about last season when we won our first game against the Roosters.
I remember we played Canberra.
I thought the monkey was off the back, they would have got confidence and they can build off that.
Instead, legit it was one of the most depressing games. The team looked like they could not care less and wanted to be anywhere else apart from being on the field.
The team looked like a bunch of zombies. As if they just came back from a funeral.
Staggering.
I hope history does not repeat itself
Facts are we are the Bulldogs, Tigers arent traveling well and we should slaughter them at our spiritual home this weekend.
Reality is after the last 5 years I find it hard to be confident. I sit here optimistic and hoping but the heads 50/50 on whether we get the win or not.
I do feel there has been a shift so Im trying not to measure against previous years.
Appears to be a focus not on the rest of the teams in the competition but constant revision on how we can be better across the board.
Early days, 1 from 2. Cant wait for kick off.

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Doueihi could be out for Sunday, would be a big blow for them!

WestsLife Podcast
@WestsLifePod

A whisper in our Patreon discord: Adam Doueihi is OUT injured for #WestsTigers in #NRLBulldogsTigers
1:20 PM · Mar 14, 2023
·
Views
If true, Wakeham probably comes in to the halves. Doueihi is out of his depth at 6 and the Tigs have been severely lacking directions from their halves. Wakeham offers more than Doueihi, in that regard. They may perform better with Doueihi out. We'll still smash them, though, regardless. :grinning:

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The tigers were putrid on the w/e. I'm expecting them to have a big week and bounce back to woeful, we will prevail with ease

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Staines present hardly any threats at FB. Can't compare the two.
And what does Laurie do? Why do so many people on here rate such average fullbacks at other clubs? Laurie offers fuck all.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
We lose this and that's 3 steps backwards.

After last week, this week can be used to build on that start against the Storm. Not to lose the momentum and hands around the jugular for 80 minutes.

20+ would have to be the target this week in a meticulous display.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If true, Wakeham probably comes in to the halves. Doueihi is out of his depth at 6 and the Tigs have been severely lacking directions from their halves. Wakeham offers more than Doueihi, in that regard. They may perform better with Doueihi out. We'll still smash them, though, regardless. :grinning:
Serious? Douehi is their best player and biggest threat in attack.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Would genuinely rather Perham over Laurie or Staines

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Need to really put cleaners through em. If we any chance of being in contention for finals our for and against will play a huge part.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dogs are supposed to win, Tigers are gunna try and ambush being desperate, you never know what your gunna get, gotta be ready