News Mass sackings at Bulldogs ahead of grudge match against Hasler

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’d take Gus

Pay him all 4 salaries combined lol

He’s got friends in high places and players at other clubs that would attract
I really can’t see it happening with the Andersons here and if somehow it did happen it will end in tears.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn't Farrar appointed by the current board?

The thing that concerns me about the article is we want to go back to being a development club. Yes we need to develop youngsters but this needs to be balanced with quality recruitment. There is also zero loyalty from players - the days of developing a player and them staying loyal for unders is long gone.
Bingo! Develop players to be poached by other teams, imagine developing someone like a Thurston, only for a team with no salary cap to take him of us.... we need to grow some balls and start been ruthless with our recruitment.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only reason I would want Gould at the club is as a mouthpiece to call out the biased refereeing against us. And even then It would kill me having to listen to his crap.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
some people at the bulldogs have been sitting to comfortable for to long, the club has suffered for years now, so for mass changes and sackings, can now be seen as the rebuilding process has started

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
some people at the bulldogs have been sitting to comfortable for to long, the club has suffered for years now, so for mass changes and sackings, can now be seen as the rebuilding process has started
Agree

People say rebuilding & only think about the players.

You have to include the staff, if they aren't doing their jobs properly they get let go as well.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Things have been stale for so long that putting a broom through a lot of departments was long overdue. Epecially development, recruiting and coaching...

Maybe more sackings will come later in the year and hopefully some progressive minded coaches and people with serious contacts throughout Rugby League are involved with the club and for recruitment.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe sorting out the required structures to have the right supports for success moving forward.

We would have no idea what has been going on behind the scenes but if certain things were supposed to be in place and the people supposed to make it happen didn’t....

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s a mixture of both buying and developing players. Those squads had a lot of players on the roster that made their debut for the club and then they bought players that they need to put them into contention. Developing players doesn’t mean you’ll never buy anyone.
No club has only ever recruited players or only ever developed players..

Malla

Reaction score
This is just cost cutting
Doesn’t suffice paying some of these blokes the salary they’re on for the job they do
Some of these roles will role up into one and/or made redundant
Also look to them bringing in young fresh blood at a lot cheaper salary
This is nothing but a business move. We have to remain sustainable and profitable as a club and this may save us half a mil a season.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is just cost cutting
Doesn’t suffice paying some of these blokes the salary they’re on for the job they do
Some of these roles will role up into one and/or made redundant
Also look to them bringing in young fresh blood at a lot cheaper salary
This is nothing but a business move. We have to remain sustainable and profitable as a club and this may save us half a mil a season.
Think you hit the nail on the head! I don’t think you need a manager of football and a team manager. Once Mark Hughes came back McDonnells role was pretty much redundant as well.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Will be very interesting to see who fills their spots.

Will it be:
a) inside jobs for the boys/friends ; OR
b) people best qualified for those positions.

AND PEOPLE ..

Keep boardroom bullshit (Des, Dib yadda yadda) out of here. If people shift the conversation to that bullshit again they'll be removed from the thread.
Get ready...
It will be jobs for the family and friends :rage::rage::rage:
My predictions...
Turvey is next :rage::rage::rage: