Mason lables QLD fans Nutbag Rednecks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac

lol finch
Reaction score
didnt see this posted...

NSW backrower Willie Mason is preparing for the biggest game of his life, and ensured he'd have a reception to match after labelling Queensland fans "nutbag rednecks".
Claiming he'd be disappointed if he didn't get booed running onto a packed Suncorp Stadium for Origin II, Mason unleashed on the Maroons fans who have made him public enemy No.1 in recent interstate series.
Not that he would have it any other way.
"It has the making of being one of the hardest, toughest Origins for years,'' Mason said today. "They have their backs to the wall and they got bagged, they've said that they weren't intense enough, former players are going to come out of the woodwork and say that they were soft.
"They're just going to be pumped to the max, they're going to have 65,000 (sic) nutbag redneck Queenslanders supporting them and going mad and hating us, they're just going to have everything going for them.
"We've just got 17 Blues players going up there - we're going to be out there having a dig ... it's going to be a great game, I can't wait.''
Told his comments were likely to anger those north of the border and that he could expect a warm reception, Mason said: "If I don't get booed it's a joke.''

Much of Mason's excitment ahead of the clash stems from the possibility of NSW wrapping up the series on enemy soil.
Mason was injured the last time NSW clinched a series in Brisbane in 2005, and he is desperate not to miss out on another opportunity.
"It's the biggest Origin game I've played in,'' he said. "I came in on the back of 2003 and 04, we won the series but you just sort of take it for granted. Not being part of 2005 and then getting beat 06, 07 and now to have the opportunity to go up there and win the series would be a real defining moment in my career.''
But the odds are stacked against NSW recording a series win in Brisbane - 1994 and 2000 the only other occasions the feat has been achieved.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
Tell him He's Dreamin.........lol

Im a Queensland Supporter and don't like it. Just wait until he comes up against the Cowboys in Townsville in August...........OMFG - Willie is going to cop it from us Cowboys Supporters............We hate him with a passion.

Anania

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
lol@where Mason's hands are lol.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Do you guys just hear/read/see these comments and just say to yourself I'm glad I don't have to put up with or stick up for or justify these types of comments anymore?

I know I do.

Good riddance.

L

loui323

oh yeah

Do you guys just hear/read/see these comments and just say to yourself I'm glad I don't have to put up with or stick up for or justify these types of comments anymore?

I know I do.

Good riddance.
Harddddddddd... good rddance.

cmrn

can i buy a vowel please?
Reaction score
LOL

I don't like the bloke but atleast he is out there saying things, albeit sometimes stupid/inane things, instead of the usual dribble that comes out of players & coaches.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
LOL

I don't like the bloke but atleast he is out there saying things, albeit sometimes stupid/inane things, instead of the usual dribble that comes out of players & coaches.
Yeah, true enough, I can't stand cliches and no one speaking their mind or saying anything original. Wat too many people display very little personality.

Still, that being said, Mason just takes all of that to a whole other level.

scot

I'll unleash these on you
Reaction score
Yes BTrainBen, I do.

And, I actually gave thanks yesterday that he left, when we signed Michael Ennis. While I do believe we miss Mason, we couldn;t have had at least 2 of the four players we signed, and while it is stating the obvious, we've got three in their prime for 09, as opposed to Mase who is actually getting on a little.

Also, some corrections for Willie - Suncorp holds only 52000 - and I was there last year - at least 1/3 of the crowd are blues fans now. So many have moved north of the border that the advantage is starting to neutralise.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
He's the best thing to happen to the game, he brings ppl to matches whether its for hate or love.

B

BULLDOG GEORGE

looks like they are trying to fill the stadium not like Sydney where they were 13000 short of a full house.

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
Great call from Mason. The Hillbillies need to pull their sunburnt, fly bitten necks in and take it with a grain of salt!!!!!!!
Go the Blues!!!!!!!!!

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Judging by some of the QLD supporters on this site, aswell as some of the bitter dogs how are now realising what he meant do the dogs onfield - he has a good point.

GO MASON!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Willie Mason is one of the best running forwards in the game today but if scientists ever decide to find out how long a human being can live without a brain then they need look no further than to Willie Mason. He truly is as dumb as a box of hammers.

Posted by: G from QLD of Queensland 8:35pm June 03, 2008 Comment 2 of 12

GTJOHN

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he may be a good player ...but for Farks sake he is such a big mouthed Wan$*&*$ ..... He is a bigger goose than all the QLD supporters put together....
I hope he gets creamed and run over the top of ...season ending injury...To his Mouth !

Status
Not open for further replies.