Mark hughes

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Graeme Hughes confirmed that Mark Hughes is now part of the recruitment team at the dogs. Anyone know of his notable signings at his past clubs?
Did a great job at the dogs,before dib and his loonies,came in,he was at Souths for about 4 years,very good talent spotter,and he has blue and white blood

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did a great job at the dogs,before dib and his loonies,came in,he was at Souths for about 4 years,very good talent spotter,and he has blue and white blood
Actually Ive known Mark since kindergarden he always loved Wests growing up but he does have blue and white blood just a little black and white in his heart as does Graeme

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Actually Ive known Mark since kindergarden he always loved Wests growing up but he does have blue and white blood just a little black and white in his heart as does Graeme
Well no one's perfect, besides over the years the Bulldogs also incorporated a bit of black in our jerseys :grinning: just saying :innocent:

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Didn't he get fired over the salary cap drama?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Even if thats true, it could be completely unrelated to Hughes joining the recruitment team.
BTW, roadwork crews are full of “Australian schoolboys”
That's very true. They could well amount to nothing. But we need to develop through youngsters and we shouldn't be losing anyone worth keeping at this stage just in case they turn out to be worth the hype .

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't he get fired over the salary cap drama?
No that was his elder brother Gary and Mark and Greme disassociated them selves with the club, rightly so, because in reality, now it has been proven, that Gary was wrongfully dismissed over the Coffs affair, anyway it was Gary McIntyre that resigned over the salary cap drama, and I,m not sure if that should have happened either, other board members were at fault but he was the president at the time, so he fell on the sword. He always acted in good faith and the players at heart, was very astute and the club prospered. He really bleads royal blue and white member number 1 on his card. Only doing what every other club was doing at the time. Just look at what other clubs are allowed to get away with now and then. Canterbury has always been hated by the heirachy of other clubs East of us. Just jealous I suppose but we won,t ever go away. Just a bit of history for those new members and those with alzheimers

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No that was his elder brother Gary and Mark and Greme disassociated them selves with the club, rightly so, because in reality, now it has been proven, that Gary was wrongfully dismissed over the Coffs affair, anyway it was Gary McIntyre that resigned over the salary cap drama, and I,m not sure if that should have happened either, other board members were at fault but he was the president at the time, so he fell on the sword. He always acted in good faith and the players at heart, was very astute and the club prospered. He really bleads royal blue and white member number 1 on his card. Only doing what every other club was doing at the time. Just look at what other clubs are allowed to get away with now and then. Canterbury has always been hated by the heirachy of other clubs East of us. Just jealous I suppose but we won,t ever go away. Just a bit of history for those new members and those with alzheimers
Mate, mcintyre was the main man in the oasis project and the salary cap scandal. No other board member knew or was involved in it more than him.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
In the business world, of which I am a part of, it’s not uncommon to hire multiple recruiters to find personnel for the same role.

Whoever brings home the bounty gets the cash money (young money). In League, every recruiter can bring in a haul of multiple people, so I don’t see why not.

Literally people here on the kennel can be freelance recruiters if they contact the club with untapped talent they have access too.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I’d personally even have a scout up in northern England. England produces good forwards with footy minds.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got to know graham,from my association with petersham cricket club,and I can tell you he was as blue and white as they come

Status
Not open for further replies.