Margaret Court.. were the project hosts disgraceful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Yes, bit like the old "I'm not racist, but" line.

It is very clear from her words not just above but numerous times over the years she has a dislike of homosexuals (and transgender people, and supporters of marriage equality, and racial integration). Or are they welcomed into her parish, so the gay members can stop their urges (not like those bitches, the lesbian players, partying and converting all the others to the devil's life)?
It is possible to be against SSM but not have anything against gays. You'll find the Catholic church is like that.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Ok, thought I convinced myself I shouldn't comment and I probably shouldn't as I didn't see the program. Never watch it.

But let's see if I have this right. As Qantas has come out in support is SSM, Margaret thought she could come out and criticise that decision without herself being criticised, or is that just certain people on the forum that believe she should be free from any criticism.

I believe if an organised religion doesn't want to recognise that marriage that is their right but they cannot control the law of the land.

I am only bringing religion up here as it has been brought in previously and will only state, using the Bible, Torah or Quran to justify what is right or wrong.... is this not the books that are also used to justify some of the worst of human behaviours . I'm not going to agree or disagree with what they support or don't support but using them in this way to support your views is dangerous.

This is not an attack on any specific faith as they all have had their fair share of atrocities.
Marriage = unity of a man and a woman.

Gay marriage - there's no such thing. Call their unity something else!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It is possible to be against SSM but not have anything against gays. You'll find the Catholic church is like that.
So true , its a political kind of thing just like marriage is between a man and a woman.. Simple

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
First sentence: Yes, it's possible, but I think those who are REALLY accepting of gay people (not just "I don't have a problem as long as I do';t have to see it" types), but still against marriage equality, are in a minority.

Second sentence: Surely you are joking?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Marriage = unity of a man and a woman.

Gay marriage - there's no such thing. Call their unity something else!
I think in this world ,where we've allowed minorities to find loopholes in ancient laws , the traditionalists will have no choice but to redefine marriage .

Wahesh

Reaction score
I think in this world ,where we've allowed minorities to find loopholes in ancient laws , the traditionalists will have no choice but to redefine marriage .
I don't think the traditionalists should do the heavy lifting. Let those lobbying for change find a loophole (if they can). Pretty hard to redefine what a man and a woman are!

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So when are we giving Christmas and Easter back to the pagans?

Wahesh

Reaction score
First sentence: Yes, it's possible, but I think those who are REALLY accepting of gay people (not just "I don't have a problem as long as I do';t have to see it" types), but still against marriage equality, are in a minority.

Second sentence: Surely you are joking?
The Catholic Church does NOT have anything against gay people. Catholics believe you are who God made you. What the Catholic Church DOES have an issue with is those who engage in gay activity, ie gays "doing it" with one another.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It is very clear from her words not just above but numerous times over the years she has a dislike of homosexuals
Nazis, communism, the devil controlling the mind, yeh she welcomes gays and has no problem with them lol

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey, cut that out! I like chocolate.

But seriously, you can give the history lesson if you want, I want to start some work.
I've got a 2 hour meeting that starts at 845, only killing some 4 minutes before meeting starts.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The Catholic Church does NOT have anything against gay people. Catholics believe you are who God made you. What the Catholic Church DOES have an issue with is those who engage in gay activity, ie gays "doing it" with one another.
So, nothing against gays... as long as they don't fuck, or show any form of expression of who they are? Rightio.

Yeah that's having "nothing against gay people".

Wahesh

Reaction score
So, nothing against gays... as long as they don't fuck, or show any form of expression of who they are? Rightio.

Yeah that's having "nothing against gay people".
Hey, in the eyes of the Catholic Church, what they are doing is a sin, am I wrong? The Catholic Church has always been against sinning. What is so hard to see? They don't have anything against anyone, just don't sin.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So when are we giving Christmas and Easter back to the pagans?
Who are the pagans? In any case its an ironic statement because in years to come you should be able to apply the same question to heterosexuals and marriage ,that is , if we allow gays to hijack marriage

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've got a 2 hour meeting that starts at 845, only killing some 4 minutes before meeting starts.
I'd love to be a fly on the wall in one of your meetings , reckon your give them something to think about

Status
Not open for further replies.