Margaret Court.. were the project hosts disgraceful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's so funny and typical how lefties continuously refer to religious people as pretty much only Christians who believe in the traditions of marriage between man and woman. All abrahamic religions believe this not just Christianity. So whilst you will argue that well Christianity is the majority religion in Australia and the west, that's true but majority of Jews and Muslims also agree with keep marriage sacred.
My church actually did a petition with Muslim mosques to keep the sacrament of marriage sacred and between man and woman.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lefties shoot themselves in the foot for claiming to be this group fighting for equality and human rights. Yetttt! They pick on only certain religious groups and certain political parties that don't go hand in hand with their agendas orrrrrr they're not a minority enough. I mean the left really needs to look at the meaning of equality along with racism lol.

Me as a catholic I'm not shooting myself in the foot in the sense I ain't claiming or proclaiming to want this 'equality' I only follow the truth (according to my beliefs of course). So instead of the left clamining to be something they're not or want to claim they're something, practise what you preach and don't discriminate.
Thank you

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
its interesting that she believes being gay is a choice, my theory is she banged men and many of them became gay after it

the same thing happens to me and women, ive got a 22% conversion rate to lesbianism ffs 15% become nonsexual and 10% bisexual

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Right to get a few things out of the way

You really have it in for Christianity, why don't you go to a country where Christianity is not taught at all and undermined like Sweden or Denmark places like that? Like all you do is chuck tantrums against Christianity as if it's personally effected you and has forced you to bow down to Christian beliefs.
Anyways keeping religion out of this as some can't.
Margaret Court says she opposes SSM because the bible says so. I'm sticking to topic, it was Margaret Court you can blame for Christianity being the topic here. Plus Islam is also against SSM, why the hell wouldn't I be against Islam too? I'm against the belief of denying homosexuals their rights, both your religions and their followers seek to deny them their rights.

That is why religious threads are not allowed here, and that's why as Realist pointed out, we need to keep religion out of the discussion.
Margaret Court introduced religion with her own comments, no one else goaded her, no one else questioned her further to come out with it, she gave it up of her own accord in her initial letter to the paper.

In line with the forum rules, yes we can stay away from the intricacies of religious belief (but I will say that I am damned correct that Court has cherry picked which verses she believes in by speaking when it's NOT a woman's place to do so given her bible, if there are those that object I suggest they read Timothy 2 12 and how all christian denominations have used this verse to keep women out of the clergy, and given that they have recently CHANGED the interpretation of this verse and how it applies to women of that faith, well all those people saying you can't change definitions have a lot of explaining to do). However, this doesn't mean, given that the 2009 census found 40% of non-christian identity, that the rest of the population should have to abide by religious beliefs of others.

Back on to wedding rings, I noted wedding rings, as these are a SYMBOL of marriage, ergo this means marriage existed BEFORE Christianity. A union depicted as "marriage" goes far far back into human history, NO ONE owns marriage and what it is. And this nonsense that God created marriage when he created everything else, please, you believe in your book, OTHERS DON'T. Your book says god created everything, I say provide me proof and you have NONE (the bible, torah, quran etc etc is NOT PROOF)

Why not have three or 4 people in one marriage? Does a marriage need to be between two people?
See it's not homosexuals who bring this topic of multiple partners up, it's religious people who spread this BLATANTLY FALSE issue. Again it's not homosexuals who are cheapening marriage, thats all being done by one side. These are just VERY NASTY lies attributed to homosexuals. Stop using them

But the left continuously always plays the victim and preaches feminism yet belittles females who has a different opinion.
FFS, that's not how feminism works.

It's so funny and typical how lefties continuously refer to religious people as pretty much only Christians who believe in the traditions of marriage between man and woman. All abrahamic religions believe this not just Christianity. So whilst you will argue that well Christianity is the majority religion in Australia and the west, that's true but majority of Jews and Muslims also agree with keep marriage sacred.
My church actually did a petition with Muslim mosques to keep the sacrament of marriage sacred and between man and woman.
No one here has denied that, STOP PLAYING THE VICTIM! Margaret Court came out with HER views and she said HER views were based on the bible, that's why it's the topic of discussion. Do you think my views magically change because Islam is against it too? No my views don't change, I oppose Islam's stance as well.

I'll finish this off by saying 2 things:-

1. I used wedding rings as VERIFIABLE EVIDENCE to DENOTE marriage and that marriage existed before Christianity. VERIFIABLE FACTS, not because some random book said so. This flew over quite a few of your heads when it was pretty clear the context and message behind using the evidence of wedding rings, hence I'm questioning something, I'll let you guess what I'm questioning
  2. I'm assuming that those who've posted on this thread against SSM are also against Islamic Sharia Law being introduced into Australia.Well guess what, those of us who don't hold any religious beliefs (there's quite a lot of us in Australia), we see your beliefs on the same level as Sharia Law. We are a SECULAR nation, SECULAR meaning separation of church and state. You can have your personal beliefs, no one objects to that, but you can't force your religious beliefs onto anyone else and thats exactly what you lot do by DISCRIMINATING against the homosexual community by DENYING THEM THEIR HUMAN RIGHTS of freedom to marry

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Right to get a few things out of the way

Margaret Court says she opposes SSM because the bible says so. I'm sticking to topic, it was Margaret Court you can blame for Christianity being the topic here. Plus Islam is also against SSM, why the hell wouldn't I be against Islam too? I'm against the belief of denying homosexuals their rights, both your religions and their followers seek to deny them their rights.

Margaret Court introduced religion with her own comments, no one else goaded her, no one else questioned her further to come out with it, she gave it up of her own accord in her initial letter to the paper.

In line with the forum rules, yes we can stay away from the intricacies of religious belief (but I will say that I am damned correct that Court has cherry picked which verses she believes in by speaking when it's NOT a woman's place to do so given her bible, if there are those that object I suggest they read Timothy 2 12 and how all christian denominations have used this verse to keep women out of the clergy, and given that they have recently CHANGED the interpretation of this verse and how it applies to women of that faith, well all those people saying you can't change definitions have a lot of explaining to do). However, this doesn't mean, given that the 2009 census found 40% of non-christian identity, that the rest of the population should have to abide by religious beliefs of others.

Back on to wedding rings, I noted wedding rings, as these are a SYMBOL of marriage, ergo this means marriage existed BEFORE Christianity. A union depicted as "marriage" goes far far back into human history, NO ONE owns marriage and what it is. And this nonsense that God created marriage when he created everything else, please, you believe in your book, OTHERS DON'T. Your book says god created everything, I say provide me proof and you have NONE (the bible, torah, quran etc etc is NOT PROOF)

See it's not homosexuals who bring this topic of multiple partners up, it's religious people who spread this BLATANTLY FALSE issue. Again it's not homosexuals who are cheapening marriage, thats all being done by one side. These are just VERY NASTY lies attributed to homosexuals. Stop using them

FFS, that's not how feminism works.

No one here has denied that, STOP PLAYING THE VICTIM! Margaret Court came out with HER views and she said HER views were based on the bible, that's why it's the topic of discussion. Do you think my views magically change because Islam is against it too? No my views don't change, I oppose Islam's stance as well.

I'll finish this off by saying 2 things:-

1. I used wedding rings as VERIFIABLE EVIDENCE to DENOTE marriage and that marriage existed before Christianity. VERIFIABLE FACTS, not because some random book said so. This flew over quite a few of your heads when it was pretty clear the context and message behind using the evidence of wedding rings, hence I'm questioning something, I'll let you guess what I'm questioning
  2. I'm assuming that those who've posted on this thread against SSM are also against Islamic Sharia Law being introduced into Australia.Well guess what, those of us who don't hold any religious beliefs (there's quite a lot of us in Australia), we see your beliefs on the same level as Sharia Law. We are a SECULAR nation, SECULAR meaning separation of church and state. You can have your personal beliefs, no one objects to that, but you can't force your religious beliefs onto anyone else and thats exactly what you lot do by DISCRIMINATING against the homosexual community by DENYING THEM THEIR HUMAN RIGHTS of freedom to marry
Ok so I'm right to assume that the reason you're fixated on Christianity is because it's the main religion in Australia? And most laws have been taken from the bible? I'd agree with that and obviously personally find nothing wrong with it.

For the feminism part, I'm talking about the mainstream feminism. Can I give a quick example. I watched a YouTube video from BBC, feminist was saying all social media should be policed and whoever offends or threatens a female should be jailed. Then a female spoke up and said hang on, feminism fought for females to be able to have the freedom to include themselves and stand up for themselves, not to be treated as babies and have specific laws only for females. The feminist wouldn't let her talk. So I believe in the feminism from back in the day where females wanted to be included, but feminism today is a fkn cancer.

Gay marriage, look gays are pretty much in union already. What's the issue not letting them have the title of married couple? They don't even give a fuck it's a sham and they just want to make a point. Laws shouldn't be changed just for minorities to be happy.

And if people don't like Australian laws they are more than welcome to leave to a more secular country. No one is forcing lefties to stay here so how about stop trying to change the laws of your country or leave if it's offending you guys so much?

It's just like how everyone tells Muslims to leave if they want sharia law, well so should lefties if they want a complete un Christianised country and laws.

Also can you like hurry the fuck up and talk to me in pm. Thanks

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
wait a second australia was founded by people who didnt like british laws and were forced out of the country

so now australians need to find another country? ffs

btw what would australia and the rest of the world look like if laws were unchanged over the years and anybody who didnt like them had to leave?, maybe instead of friday night football we would have friday night stoning

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok so I'm right to assume that the reason you're fixated on Christianity is because it's the main religion in Australia? And most laws have been taken from the bible? I'd agree with that and obviously personally find nothing wrong with it.
It forms the beliefs of the majority of our law makers which is why Christianity comes under more focus. If I'm speaking about Muslim majority nation's then Islam becomes my focus.

If there is logic and reason behind a religious belief I will agree with it. If I'm to rely on "belief" only as justification then I'll oppose it. And no most laws have not been taken from the bible.

For the feminism part, I'm talking about the mainstream feminism. Can I give a quick example. I watched a YouTube video from BBC, feminist was saying all social media should be policed and whoever offends or threatens a female should be jailed. Then a female spoke up and said hang on, feminism fought for females to be able to have the freedom to include themselves and stand up for themselves, not to be treated as babies and have specific laws only for females. The feminist wouldn't let her talk. So I believe in the feminism from back in the day where females wanted to be included, but feminism today is a fkn cancer.
That's one specific person with her ideals of feminism, HOWEVER that doesn't mean her ideals are what feminism really is

Gay marriage, look gays are pretty much in union already. What's the issue not letting them have the title of married couple? They don't even give a fuck it's a sham and they just want to make a point. Laws shouldn't be changed just for minorities to be happy.
There's legal problems that arise with it. For example in some states hospitals don't recognize civil unions the same as marriage, so when doctors seek next of kin permission, if the patient is unconscious, their partner has no rights.

And if people don't like Australian laws they are more than welcome to leave to a more secular country. No one is forcing lefties to stay here so how about stop trying to change the laws of your country or leave if it's offending you guys so much?
Lol that's funny since it was John Howard who changed this law to exclude SSM. And laws always change, laws are not constant

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
its interesting that she believes being gay is a choice, my theory is she banged men and many of them became gay after it

the same thing happens to me and women, ive got a 22% conversion rate to lesbianism ffs 15% become nonsexual and 10% bisexual
Whenever someone says to me that being gay is a choice, I just will them to picture theirselves snagging a member of the same sex then ask them how they think it's a choice.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So I just watched that 7 minute segment on the project with Margaret court and ffs if you imbeciles call that bullying lol wow

How absolutely devoid of reality are You?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So I just watched that 7 minute segment on the project with Margaret court and ffs if you imbeciles call that bullying lol wow

I haven't even watched it, but I'd guess it's coz a lefty always cries bully so they'll use it to their advantage. Anyways I'm not too triggered by this argument lol. She's a female anyway what does she know.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

To be honest (And this is coming from someone that would vote for SSM), that whole interview was pretty shit. Margaret handled herself well and has a right as an Australian to say what she believes in.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whenever someone says to me that being gay is a choice, I just will them to picture theirselves snagging a member of the same sex then ask them how they think it's a choice.
As an adult I dont oppose gay marriage but from the perspective of a parent I do, its debatable whether being gay is a lifestyle choice or not but by showcasing it and blending SSM into everyday life it has the power of 'normality' which will influence children.
If children are a product of their environment then what makes being gay exempt from being emulated ? Kids are sponges and are highly influenced by their surroundings , whatever their surroundings are ... by the time they're 7 they have pretty much formed life long values that define their choices. So , knowing this , is it irresponsible to include SSM as the norm?

Aristotle said 'give me a child until he's seven and I will show you the man'

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I haven't even watched it, but I'd guess it's coz a lefty always cries bully so they'll use it to their advantage. Anyways I'm not too triggered by this argument lol. She's a female anyway what does she know.
You are the typical righty that always winds up crying bully whenever religion I'd discussed. Oh poor Christianity, don't dare pick on it. You should call yourself hypocrite90.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
To be honest (And this is coming from someone that would vote for SSM), that whole interview was pretty shit. Margaret handled herself well and has a right as an Australian to say what she believes in.
I heard a lot of people complain that she wasn't given a fair go and that she was made fun of etc.

The hosts cut her off when she went into rambling mode, it's a tv show with a short segment there's no need for long ramblings they'd do that too anyone who rambles and just repeats themselves over the same statements

The bullying I'm assuming is when the woman of the purple hair cut her off by saying "I got that" and the crowd laughing, again it was to cut her ramblings off.

Margaret was given more than enough time to show her views but she stuck to repeating "mums and dads, and farmers I know" over and over again.

What I saw were tv hosts managing someone who isn't used to live tv short segments

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
And I'm quite dissappointed in all of you, I said Tatiana Grigorieva and none of you posted pictures

When i look at that photo i can really understand why some women are lesbians,I think i am a lesbian trapped in a mans body lol

Status
Not open for further replies.