Marcelo Montoya needs to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pay is as stubborn and retarded like hasler was with this guy,we might have won some of these close games with holland on the wing

Malla

Reaction score
Keeps rushing up onto the centre when Hoppa has him covered - does it every damn time.

WTF was he thinking last night with 2 support players on his inside he just ran straight at Dufty lol wtf.

Barba's Barber

puppy power
Reaction score
Keeps rushing up onto the centre when Hoppa has him covered - does it every damn time.

WTF was he thinking last night with 2 support players on his inside he just ran straight at Dufty lol wtf.
A short grubber and JMK would have probably been in under the sticks...

Malla

Reaction score
A short grubber and JMK would have probably been in under the sticks...
Even an early pass to Hoppa and he would have found JMK either by grubber or pass too..

I just dont understand what he was thinking he just ran right at Dufty and then swerved towards the sideline - what an absolute muppet. Crucial time of the game as well we would have won the game if we score there.

Barba's Barber

puppy power
Reaction score
Even an early pass to Hoppa and he would have found JMK either by grubber or pass too..

I just dont understand what he was thinking he just ran right at Dufty and then swerved towards the sideline - what an absolute muppet. Crucial time of the game as well we would have won the game if we score there.
Yep I feel your pain mate. I just doesn't get any better as a Bulldogs supporter lately.
I used to get excited about watching a dogs game. Hard to these days.

Malla

Reaction score
Yep I feel your pain mate. I just doesn't get any better as a Bulldogs supporter lately.
I used to get excited about watching a dogs game. Hard to these days.
It really is... as sad as this sounds, I just expect to lose these days. I expect us to stuff up in some way that gifts the opposition a win and last night was an example.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think everyone expects too much from a 22 yr old winger. Yes he makes mistakes like taking on the sideline ( that was so stupid ) but he covers kicks well and his defence isn't all that bad. His a tough bugger that will come good so be patient with the kid... If anything he may need a stint in reggies to find some confidence and form and that may give Pay a chance to bring in Bergamin.

P.s I would have loved to see what most of you young supporters would have thought about Daryl Halligan who was a slower version of Montoya.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think everyone expects too much from a 22 yr old winger. Yes he makes mistakes like taking on the sideline ( that was so stupid ) but he covers kicks well and his defence isn't all that bad. His a tough bugger that will come good so be patient with the kid... If anything he may need a stint in reggies to find some confidence and form and that may give Pay a chance to bring in Bergamin.

P.s I would have loved to see what most of you young supporters would have thought about Daryl Halligan who was a slower version of Montoya.
He’s fuckin shite. Offers nothing. Chuck in Reimis as he at least returns the ball fairly strongly. More than Montoya can do.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He’s fuckin shite. Offers nothing. Chuck in Reimis as he at least returns the ball fairly strongly. More than Montoya can do.
Really? Last week was the first week he didn't drop a ball in game... Easy with the suggestions if you think Smith is better than Montoya. If anything the only guys that can take Montoya's place atm are Holland and Bergamin.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Really? Last week was the first week he didn't drop a ball in game... Easy with the suggestions if you think Smith is better than Montoya. If anything the only guys that can take Montoya's place atm are Holland and Bergamin.
Yea really. Montoya is the worst winger in the comp. I’d rather play Frawley on the wing. Montoya offers nothing. Gets monstered (no lube) when he returns the ball. Shit defensive decisions. Shit 1on1 tackle, just nothing good about him. I’d rather throw in a 20s player

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yea really. Montoya is the worst winger in the comp. I’d rather play Frawley on the wing. Montoya offers nothing. Gets monstered (no lube) when he returns the ball. Shit defensive decisions. Shit 1on1 tackle, just nothing good about him. I’d rather throw in a 20s player
Anyone but Smith!

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just put holland outside or inside hopoate. Fuck.... i haven't bagged Pay once but he surely has to see this now.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Mate, you are soo wrong with this one. The only thing, yes the ONLY thing that Montoya does is catch a high ball. His positional play in attack and defence is terrible, he hasn't beaten the opposition since the day he came into grade 18 months ago and when he eventually tries to tackle someone he has a worse than 50:50 chance of success. He scores no tries, saves no tries and the opposition tip sheet just says "there is someone posted out on the dogs right side but careful you might mistake him for a corner post". That would be it. The kid needs a long stint in the seconds just to see if he can play, because he is showing nothing with us.

As for Halligan, well I'm hardly a young supporter. I go back to the Johns era, but he was about as ordinary a winger as ever played the game. His only skill was kicking and no-one can take that away from him but he was still ordinary as a winger. Sadly, Montoya doesn't even kick does he......

Bongo

I miss Lachlan Lewis
Reaction score

Don’t even think he is in halligans class you are kidding what a stupid statement

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate, you are soo wrong with this one. The only thing, yes the ONLY thing that Montoya does is catch a high ball. His positional play in attack and defence is terrible, he hasn't beaten the opposition since the day he came into grade 18 months ago and when he eventually tries to tackle someone he has a worse than 50:50 chance of success. He scores no tries, saves no tries and the opposition tip sheet just says "there is someone posted out on the dogs right side but careful you might mistake him for a corner post". That would be it. The kid needs a long stint in the seconds just to see if he can play, because he is showing nothing with us.

As for Halligan, well I'm hardly a young supporter. I go back to the Johns era, but he was about as ordinary a winger as ever played the game. His only skill was kicking and no-one can take that away from him but he was still ordinary as a winger. Sadly, Montoya doesn't even kick does he......
No I stated in an earlier post that he is basically a Halligan but atleast Halligan could kick. I'm not saying Montoya is great, I'm just saying his good enough, sometimes. Yes he don't really have a step and yes his not the strongest but his 22 and has plenty to grow. Also aren't we trying out the next batch? Isn't that why we are blooding the youngsters? Give this kid time, I'm not saying don't put him reggies and throw Holland in, I'm just saying don't give up on the kid.

I'll give you and everyone an example... Hazem El masri was a hit in his first yr, that's were he got the name El-magic. In his second yr he couldn't even crack through to first grade... Halligan and Gavin Lester were ahead... Gavin and Daryl... Average at best players but they still managed to do something for the team and that's what mattered. Whether someone thinks Montoya can add something is their own opinion but for me this kid has a future even though right now his form is down.

Status
Not open for further replies.