Marcelo Montoya needs to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
But but but hes a local junior
I don’t give a shit if he was player of the year as a junior! This cock and Lichaa are prime examples of wanna be first graders and should look to work at Maccas they might be better at flipping burgers because they sure as hell cant play footy for shit!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think everyone expects too much from a 22 yr old winger. Yes he makes mistakes like taking on the sideline ( that was so stupid ) but he covers kicks well and his defence isn't all that bad. His a tough bugger that will come good so be patient with the kid... If anything he may need a stint in reggies to find some confidence and form and that may give Pay a chance to bring in Bergamin.

P.s I would have loved to see what most of you young supporters would have thought about Daryl Halligan who was a slower version of Montoya.
Halligan's kicking was worth more points than he would have ever conceded. Can't say the same thing about montoya.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Halligan's kicking was worth more points than he would have ever conceded. Can't say the same thing about montoya.
Totally agree... That's why I stated in an earlier post that atleast Halligan could bloody kick goals!!

Gubanaculum

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Full name Daryl John Halligan
Born 25 July 1966 (age 51)
Waikato, New Zealand
Playing information
Height
192 cm (6 ft 4 in)
Weight 96 kg (15 st 2 lb)
Rugby union
Position
Fullback
Club
Years
Team Pld T G FG P
1986–90 Waikato 56 32 97 360
Rugby league
Position
Wing
Club
Years
Team Pld T G FG P
1991–93 North Sydney 64 23 225 2 544
1994–00 Canterbury Bulldogs 166 57 630 2 1490
Total 230 80 855 4 2034
Representative
Years
Team Pld T G FG P
1992–98 New Zealand 20 4 60 1 137
Source: [1]
Daryl John Halligan (born 25 July 1966[2]) is a rugby league commentator and former professional player.[1] A New Zealand international winger, he was the pre-eminent goal-kicker of his era, retiring as the highest point scorer in Australian premiership history. Halligan played club football in Australia for the North Sydney Bears and Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, winning the 1995 ARL Premiership with the latter. Before switching to the professional code of rugby league, Halligan played amateur rugby union for Waikato. He played on the wing for the Canterbury Bulldogs in their loss in the 1998 NRL grand final to the Brisbane Broncos.

Pretty good record i would think ????

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The question is why is Pay playing a bloke in the NRL who is not up to it in terms of ability nor does he have experience.
I guess the Coach thinks he is best available?
When BMoz is fit again may see a change.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My thinking today is if Montoya is continually making the EXACT same errors on defence week in week out for 14 weeks straight ....is it still on him or does this fall squarely on Pay who obviously isn’t addressing the issue and keeps picking him

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My thinking today is if Montoya is continually making the EXACT same errors on defence week in week out for 14 weeks straight ....is it still on him or does this fall squarely on Pay who obviously isn’t addressing the issue and keeps picking him
It would have to be on Pays head. People only get away with what they are allowed to get away with.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sometimes you can just see whether someone has it or not. His game and situational awareness is just not up to first grade standard.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It would have to be on Pays head. People only get away with what they are allowed to get away with.
I know aye

It does me head in

If he’s going to keep picking him then fkn fix his issues or maybe revert back to the defensive pattern Montoya was comfortable with last season

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Holland is available and looks as strong and fast as he ever has, there's simply no excuse for not giving him a crack over Montoya.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Mud Montoya has to be the slowest winger we’ve ever had in our history.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can not read the game, is shit in defence always comes in and leaves the opposition winger open he should be dropped.
Or is he following the orders of pays defence structures which is all over the shop? Either way you’re right pay should fuck off

Status
Not open for further replies.