News Manly ‘desperation signing’ done despite Dogs denials as Gould’s UK Flanagan offload bid revealed

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
They are saying we are looking for a swap
As long as its not for Schuster. Maybe hes unhappy at Manly and not putting in, and has upside, but right now hes unfit and lazy. Seen random sparks of brilliance, but really hasnt earned his keep.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Clear as day shuster to the bulldogs and Flanagan to manly
Get it done Gus
Rumours are tumours
Why the fark would we want Schuster?
He’s an unfit, injury prone effwit.
For 2024 we have Burton at 5/8, Crichton at full back, Alamoti and Xerri in the centres, Preston and Kikau in the 2nd row, Kiraz and JAC on the wings and Averillo as the backline back up.
Where the fark does Schuster fit in our roster? Halfback, that’s Oloapu’s to lose.

Always a Bulldog

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ok lets take a busted rusted Tom Turbo in a swap deal..

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Could be kaeo Weekes. His path is blocked by T Turbo and they have Saab, Garrick, Tuilagi and Koula. I believe he can play Hooker.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I don’t want to bag Kyle out because he tries so friggen hard every week.

But I will bag out his dad. This whole narrative of Kyle being upset about getting dropped is actually worrying for his mental health. He is honestly delusional if he thinks he is an NRL half and even more delusional if he thinks he has the right to be upset about getting dropped. Anyone with half a footy brain would admit he has been given more than enough chances with us.

I heard Shane last year saying Kyle was always an elite junior and it’s a matter of time before he proves that in the NRL. This guy needs to stop putting shit in his kids head and accept that life doesn’t pan out the way you want most of the time.
His dad has had plenty of time to mentor and coach him in secret to salvage his career and cement a spot. Instead, we just hear from him when his son is dropped, and its back to cry me a river.

sam snee

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why the fark would we want Schuster?
He’s an unfit, injury prone effwit.
For 2024 we have Burton at 5/8, Crichton at full back, Alamoti and Xerri in the centres, Preston and Kikau in the 2nd row, Kiraz and JAC on the wings and Averillo as the backline back up.
Where the fark does Schuster fit in our roster? Halfback, that’s Oloapu’s to lose.

Always a Bulldog
Not sure I’ll have alamoti ahead of averillo atm who knows wat the outcome will be either way a good headache to have

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Their back up hooker goes alright Gordan cham yung Tong ?

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t want to bag Kyle out because he tries so friggen hard every week.

But I will bag out his dad. This whole narrative of Kyle being upset about getting dropped is actually worrying for his mental health. He is honestly delusional if he thinks he is an NRL half and even more delusional if he thinks he has the right to be upset about getting dropped. Anyone with half a footy brain would admit he has been given more than enough chances with us.

I heard Shane last year saying Kyle was always an elite junior and it’s a matter of time before he proves that in the NRL. This guy needs to stop putting shit in his kids head and accept that life doesn’t pan out the way you want most of the time.
I remember in the mid 80's Australia's Mark Kratzmann was boasting he was the best because he had won Wimbledon juniors. At the same time fellow teenager Boris Becker won the real Wimbledon.

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’ll be happy to swap flanno and his alter ego on this forum for the plastic chairs that Trent Barret bought a few years back.
Fark what confidence from manly that cherry Evans will be missing. Unless Tom’s in the team cherry does struggle. What’s to say qld will pick him……

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At this stage all I care about is how those in the top 17 perform. If we swap Flanagan for a player in our forward pack I don't care. I dare say we wouldn't be getting a massive talent. It'd just be a convenient place holder to cover some injured forwards in my opinion. Otherwise Manly could just wait us out and sign Flano without losing a player in exchange.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

Gus seems pretty adamant nothing is happening.
Look closer,
He’s not denying it. He’s saying no one has spoken to him about it.
He keeps emphasising ‘no one has spoken to me’ both there and on Twitter.

I am certain what he is saying is just that, the people doing the deal haven’t spoken to him and he’s annoyed it’s going on without his input.
Managers probably.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Gus seems pretty adamant nothing is happening.
Though .. Gus could be full of bullshit :tearsofjoy:
I cgaf if he goes this week, next or the week after because he is done at the Dogs in FG other than injury backup thats the good news.Maybe that's why the wait of a week or two for release..who knows who cares ..

What would be bullshit is if we get Shyster...i can't imagine why we would want him really.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Though .. Gus could be full of bullshit :tearsofjoy:
I cgaf if he goes this week, next or the week after because he is done at the Dogs in FG other than injury backup thats the good news.Maybe that's why the wait of a week or two for release..who knows who cares ..

What would be bullshit is if we get Shyster...i can't imagine why we would want him really.
We aren’t getting shooster.
He’s on a multi year deal and unless manly tip in 525 a season it won’t happen. And why would he leave to play in the position he tried to escape?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Could be kaeo Weekes. His path is blocked by T Turbo and they have Saab, Garrick, Tuilagi and Koula. I believe he can play Hooker.
It can only really be Bullemor or Boyle.
Someone finishing up this year, in a position we need.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regarding Morgan Boyle, the Manly site says this:
"The experienced forward is hoping for a much better run in 2023 after having limited game time over the past few seasons through injury."

Sounds like a Bulldogs kinda signing.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
As long as its not for Schuster. Maybe hes unhappy at Manly and not putting in, and has upside, but right now hes unfit and lazy. Seen random sparks of brilliance, but really hasnt earned his keep.
Maybe he is just sad and iuts affecting his footy and he needs a bolt of blue.

That said i dont want him either, he will unbalance our squad, unless Manly chuck in 525k which they wont.