News Manly ‘desperation signing’ done despite Dogs denials as Gould’s UK Flanagan offload bid revealed

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I just watched the very short video of the NSW cup game against Saints when Flanno played hooker. He actually gave some good service and setup a couple of tries. I'm wondering if CC sees something in Flanno at hooker?
The same way I did two months ago and was called a troll for it

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just watched the very short video of the NSW cup game against Saints when Flanno played hooker. He actually gave some good service and setup a couple of tries. I'm wondering if CC sees something in Flanno at hooker?
No he’s just realised he can’t play 7 or 6 and is giving him his last shot at 9 before he’s moved to peeling oranges

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It wasn't Manly who shut the door on Flano leaving, it was Gus.

Flano will be starting at hooker in first grade by round 12. Reed is on very thin ice. He is only one more shocker away from the axe.

Both were extremely impressed by how Flano went on the weekend. Ciraldo has openly stated it.
Flanno will not be playing first grade for the dogs again this year unless there’s an injury (and he’s still around) [emoji6]

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s already a solid defender, makes sense to me but he sees himself as a half… Also, I feel like the Manly deal is real.

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
After considering everything and reading between the lines, my guess is that he's pretty much gone, despite the denials, equivocation and general bull-shitting.
Manly have a time limit on them with Origin approaching. For once I want us to do better out of this than the other team, by way of getting a decent player in return.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Manly have a time limit on them with Origin approaching. For once I want us to do better out of this than the other team, by way of getting a decent player in return.
Manly must be resigned to parting ways with Schuster, this makes Manly desperate for a backup during Origin and an insurance policy should Cherry get injured. Bulldogs know this, we want to leverage the desperation.

I don’t know what “news” is supposed to be revealed this week, but I can’t see any game changers from a deal with Flanno, only cap space or middle depth.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It wasn't Manly who shut the door on Flano leaving, it was Gus.

Flano will be starting at hooker in first grade by round 12. Reed is on very thin ice. He is only one more shocker away from the axe.

Both were extremely impressed by how Flano went on the weekend. Ciraldo has openly stated it.
Pretty sure most have agreed Flanagans a good Nsw Cup player, it’s when he steps up to 1st grade against men he gets found out.

He did have a good game in cup last week, but even if he didn’t, neither Gus or Ciraldo are going to toast him in front of the media are they.

As for replacing Reed by Rd 12, well that’s pure speculation from you again, we’ll just have to wait & see if you’re wrong on that one ..

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Buzz is normally guessing at every story he writes. This one however I think he might be on the money. He has a strong relationship with Flanagan Snr. So it’s one story that Gus cannot control who knows what.

My only issue is paying basically his whole wage in freight on the cap. If Snr & Manly want him that much. They need to pay at least half of whatever is left on his contract.
I believe
Snr is pushing for Jnr to join him,
Jnr is pretending to know nothing about it,
His manger not Manly would have been in contact with someone at the club "Gus" ?...Gus doesn't lie :laughing:
Manly want him for next to nothing,
Bulldogs can play hard ball, wanting a player swap or Manly pay the rest of his contract.
Regardless of what the outcome will be, Flopagain shouldn't play halfback at the Bulldogs again !!!

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So it’s one story that Gus cannot control who knows what.
Doesn't need to control the "story", he controls the chequebook and the release forms.

What's in it for the Dogs?
* It's 2023 & Kyle ain't contracted beyond this season (this "problem" has a self-fulfilling conclusion included - we can sit on our hands, do nothing and it auto-resolves).
* We've already paid half this year's salary.
* We already have sufficient cap space available & his salary (the half that's left) isn't that valuable.
* We already have two Top 30 spots still available.
* We can already select players from outside the Top 30 from this point on.

This kind of deal was attractive last year, or maybe the very early part of this year. Now, we'll be wanting something in return and you can forget us picking up any kind of "freight" (which I reckon was the deal-breaker for Manly).

Daddy Senior is playing his cards from the last hand. Junior should have taken the Super League option last year.