News Mad Dogs

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
SMH.com.au Weidler today
Mad Dogs
Canterbury top dog Phil Gould doesn’t normally respond to agenda-driven stories designed to cause him or his club grief, but the Kyle Flanagan yarn has him seeing red.

News Corp reported as fact last week that Flanagan was bound for Brookvale immediately, despite the player telling the club he knew nothing of it. There is no doubt Sea Eagles assistant Shane Flanagan would think he could bring the best out of his son at Manly, and any father would want to help their child through a rough spot, but no one from Flanagan’s camp contacted Gould. There are some at Canterbury who think the story was planted on game day to damage them.

“The unfortunate truth for those peddling that false story, is that his manager never raised the issue with me, his father never raised the issue with me, nor has anyone from the Manly club raised the issue with me,” Gould said.

“Kyle himself was totally confused as to why the media story appeared. Kyle’s manager agrees with our plan to assist Kyle to become a very good NRL hooker. I’ve always believed that’s his destiny. No one has asked me, or anyone else, for a release.

“No one has suggested a player trade. The Bulldogs’ interest here is to turn Kyle into the best player he can be and we feel that’s as a hooker.

“I feel for Kyle with the position he has been put in because of the stories that have been pushed. There is an agenda that runs deep and I don’t need to point it out. It’s childish and irresponsible.”

Last edited:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have a breaking story - Kyle Flanagan is off to the Sea Eagles this weekend.
Kyle knows nothing about it. Bulldogs and Manly say it is not true - but you heard it here first.

One week later - we stand by our story from last weekend that Flanagan has an immediate transfer to Manly. Although both clubs claim to know nothing about it, and Flanagan is playing reserves for the Dogs this weekend, we can confirm that he is now at Manly. You heard it here first.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well, for the club's sake and for Kyle's sake, the plan to make him a good hooker works.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
It's our own fault for thinking kyle had enough value to trade him for anything haha
Maybe thats why they've put him at hooker, to increase his "value"? That way we can say "Oh hey [insert club here] Flanno can now play hooker as well. See, you can take him now. Will you be paying his transfer fee by card or cash?"

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just shows how Chinese whispers work in the media, one idiot comes with a story and the rest latch onto like its the truth.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
TK is going to flip out if he kills at at 9 in Cup and fills in for Reed a couple of times in 1st grade and he is resigned on an $500k pa deal for 3 years. For those who are happy to see him convert into a 9 be careful what you wish for ....

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
TK is going to flip out if he kills at at 9 in Cup and fills in for Reed a couple of times in 1st grade and he is resigned on an $500k pa deal for 3 years. For those who are happy to see him convert into a 9 be careful what you wish for ....
I hope he does kill it!

No way he gets resigned for 500k yearly, or for 3yrs this time.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd be very very surprised if he stays as a backup hooker ffs lol
In my mind he is now gone, the actual leaving date is no longer relevant.Coach did the deed and dropped him so problem rectified(few other fires still to fight but he was a big one).

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Can defend but not as if attack will suddenly appear just because of a position change. You either have it or you don't. We don't need a hooker who can't attack either. Doesn't make sense. You don't pay big money for a backup hooker when you have an 80 minute hooker and you don't waste 14 jersey for that either. I call BS. Everyone lying as per usual.

EuroNymous

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'd be very very surprised if he stays as a backup hooker ffs lol
In my mind he is now gone, the actual leaving date is no longer relevant.Coach did the deed and dropped him so problem rectified(few other fires still to fight but he was a big one).
they weren't not gonna use him otherwise he would kick and scream to leave

also he doesn't get in the way of rajabs and Haywards development time in cup

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
SMH.com.au Weidler today
Mad Dogs
Canterbury top dog Phil Gould doesn’t normally respond to agenda-driven stories designed to cause him or his club grief, but the Kyle Flanagan yarn has him seeing red.

News Corp reported as fact last week that Flanagan was bound for Brookvale immediately, despite the player telling the club he knew nothing of it. There is no doubt Sea Eagles assistant Shane Flanagan would think he could bring the best out of his son at Manly, and any father would want to help their child through a rough spot, but no one from Flanagan’s camp contacted Gould. There are some at Canterbury who think the story was planted on game day to damage them.

“The unfortunate truth for those peddling that false story, is that his manager never raised the issue with me, his father never raised the issue with me, nor has anyone from the Manly club raised the issue with me,” Gould said.

“Kyle himself was totally confused as to why the media story appeared. Kyle’s manager agrees with our plan to assist Kyle to become a very good NRL hooker. I’ve always believed that’s his destiny. No one has asked me, or anyone else, for a release.

“No one has suggested a player trade. The Bulldogs’ interest here is to turn Kyle into the best player he can be and we feel that’s as a hooker.

“I feel for Kyle with the position he has been put in because of the stories that have been pushed. There is an agenda that runs deep and I don’t need to point it out. It’s childish and irresponsible.”
The agenda as I have previously warned about comes from no one but The Evil Empire News Crap these people had us as their target for almost two and half decades, I salute Gus for standing up to these thugs.
Shame and pity on some of our supporters who still up till now defend them :rage:

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
When an idea or opinion being discussed is heard by someone leaking stories, conveys it as a strategy and action plan in motion turns into a breaking media story. There is a small chance it might happen when it starts as an idea. So if it does happen, it only validates that the journalists jumped the gun and got lucky, But the chances are very remote this will occur like all things that start as an idea or opinion