News Mad Dogs

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When an idea or opinion being discussed is heard by someone leaking stories, conveys it as a strategy and action plan in motion turns into a breaking media story. There is a small chance it might happen when it starts as an idea. So if it does happen, it only validates that the journalists jumped the gun and got lucky, But the chances are very remote this will occur like all things that start as an idea or opinion
There are no real guarantees in life, only possibilities and other options...
The media's words used to be taken as a Gosbel, nowadays it's all lies and propaganda we are lucky to 5% truth in their stories.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
There are no real guarantees in life, only possibilities and other options...
The media's words used to be taken as a Gosbel, nowadays it's all lies and propaganda we are lucky to 5% truth in their stories.
and truth is the cheapest coin to trade when a journalist is in survival mode.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TK is going to flip out if he kills at at 9 in Cup and fills in for Reed a couple of times in 1st grade and he is resigned on an $500k pa deal for 3 years. For those who are happy to see him convert into a 9 be careful what you wish for ....
I don't think the club would do something like that.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What’s with this bullshite woke spin Gould is peddling about how he believes Flanagans “best position has always been hooker and it is his destiny to become a very good nrl hooker”
Man up and break the harsh reality to Flanagan that he will not make it as an Nrl player in any position.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
TK is going to flip out if he kills at at 9 in Cup and fills in for Reed a couple of times in 1st grade and he is resigned on an $500k pa deal for 3 years. For those who are happy to see him convert into a 9 be careful what you wish for ....
I don't think Flanagan has the ability to be a FG half.

I have been very critical of him.

BUT by all reports he shows up at training every week with a good attitude and tries his heart out.

IF he can become a quality hooker then good on him.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think Flanagan has the ability to be a FG half.

I have been very critical of him.

BUT by all reports he shows up at training every week with a good attitude and tries his heart out.

IF he can become a quality hooker then good on him.
Plenty of mediocre halves turned into solid 9s. TBH, it’s his only shot cause he ain’t a first grade 7

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What’s with this bullshite woke spin Gould is peddling about how he believes Flanagans “best position has always been hooker and it is his destiny to become a very good nrl hooker”
Man up and break the harsh reality to Flanagan that he will not make it as an Nrl player in any position.
I think it’s Gus trying to get one more shot once he leaves us, if he can make it a decent hooker than his prospects go up.

While he’s not a half and lacks any real 1st grade ability, outside of the game he’s not a bad person and I do have some empathy for him.

If he can become a decent hooker elsewhere than all the best, I’d have no reason to hate on him outside the club.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Plenty of mediocre halves turned into solid 9s. TBH, it’s his only shot cause he ain’t a first grade 7
It shows the good leadership characteristics of Gus and Ciro by simply working with Flanno and trying something new with him by giving him the opportunity to play hooker rather than not giving up on him like most would. If Flanno proves he can be a good hooker than good on him.

Last edited:

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Completely agree.

Never been a FG half.

He seems like a good kid who just wants to play football.

Hope he kills it at hooker.

His defence has always been immaculate and defence is always about effort so he is definitely trying hard.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Completely agree.

Never been a FG half.

He seems like a good kid who just wants to play football.

Hope he kills it at hooker.

His defence has always been immaculate and defence is always about effort so he is definitely trying hard.
He gives a 100% every week. I reckon he could potentially make a good go of hooker.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@KLil u seen kyle spend any time at 9 at training? Seems very odd this sudden view that he isn't a half anymore

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one can question Flanagans effort and desire and wish him every success in his new role.
Good nrl hookers need to have above average pace and the ability to play eyes up instinctive footy two qualities Flanagan sadly lacks.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looks like he played hooker in the match highlights
Are they up!? Give it a watch.. ( HOOKER ALL DAY! )

I was going off the report earlier "Halfback Kyle Flanagan was unable to convert leaving the scores locked up at 4-all" Journo must be a Flannagun?

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cant believe what you read these days.Gus was quoted, "Jacob Kiraz was definitely out of Friday nights game against Canberra he won't play."Low and behold Watching the run on squad needed to put my Sunnys on to make sure that I hadn't drank too much the night before?8-)

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan was always a hooker his old man was a hooker apples and trees as they say

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why has it taken so many rounds for someone to suggest he go back to NSW Cup and become a hooker?

Wonder if the idea is to show his versatility to other clubs.