Macklemore

Status
Not open for further replies.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, fuck politics in sport... (from the Betoota Advocate):

Cold Chisel Apologises For Bringing Politics Into Sport By Singing Khe Sanh In 2015
CONTACT

Jimmy Barnes has come out publicly today to apologise on behalf of his band for ‘bringing politics into sport’ by singing the hyper-critical anti-government rock anthem ‘Khe Sanh’ at the 2015 NRL Grand Final.

This comes after former prime minister Tony Abbott took to social media to voice his concern Macklemore was bringing his personal brand of politics to the event by promising to perform his hit song Same Love, which is about same-sex marriage.

“I’m so sorry” said Jimmy Barnes.

“I should’ve known it was innapropriate to sing a song that calls-out our government for their deeply disturbing indifference to lives of young Australians – whether it be through homophobic ad campaigns, or military conscription”

Mr Barnes said he didn’t realise that sport was supposed to be completely apolitical, despite the fact that many of rugby league’s foundation clubs were started with strong links with local branches of worker’s unions and provided a range of mutual benefits funds used to facilitate working class improvement and self sufficiency.

“Had I known that Tony Abbott would have had a problem with my political sentiments, I would have not sung the most popular Australian rock song ever written”

The drama surrounding Macklemore’s performance comes amidst the same-sex marriage postal survey, and vigorous campaigning from both sides of the debate in Australia – with the No Vote being staunchly led by Tony Abbott.

But Senator Brandis argued the song “topped the charts a couple of years ago” and that it was not unusual for headline acts to play their most popular tunes at the events.

“Same Love is a fucking track” said Brandis.

“So is Khe Sanh… Let the boys play!”

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have plenty better than this.
Fuck me, surely they could get that powder finger singer who is doing solo stuff

Fuck how awesome would it be if they could get silverchair even to do a few songs

Those ***** are doing fuck all at the moment
An easy pay day for a few songs wouldn't kill em,

Imagine pure massacre pumping out on grand final day
Isreals son

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
If they want hip hop give em Drapht

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, fuck politics in sport... (from the Betoota Advocate):

Cold Chisel Apologises For Bringing Politics Into Sport By Singing Khe Sanh In 2015
CONTACT

Jimmy Barnes has come out publicly today to apologise on behalf of his band for ‘bringing politics into sport’ by singing the hyper-critical anti-government rock anthem ‘Khe Sanh’ at the 2015 NRL Grand Final.

This comes after former prime minister Tony Abbott took to social media to voice his concern Macklemore was bringing his personal brand of politics to the event by promising to perform his hit song Same Love, which is about same-sex marriage.

“I’m so sorry” said Jimmy Barnes.

“I should’ve known it was innapropriate to sing a song that calls-out our government for their deeply disturbing indifference to lives of young Australians – whether it be through homophobic ad campaigns, or military conscription”

Mr Barnes said he didn’t realise that sport was supposed to be completely apolitical, despite the fact that many of rugby league’s foundation clubs were started with strong links with local branches of worker’s unions and provided a range of mutual benefits funds used to facilitate working class improvement and self sufficiency.

“Had I known that Tony Abbott would have had a problem with my political sentiments, I would have not sung the most popular Australian rock song ever written”

The drama surrounding Macklemore’s performance comes amidst the same-sex marriage postal survey, and vigorous campaigning from both sides of the debate in Australia – with the No Vote being staunchly led by Tony Abbott.

But Senator Brandis argued the song “topped the charts a couple of years ago” and that it was not unusual for headline acts to play their most popular tunes at the events.

“Same Love is a fucking track” said Brandis.

“So is Khe Sanh… Let the boys play!”
Such ignorance. Rubs off on his even more pretentious son David Campbell too.

Last edited:

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Such ignorance. Rubs off on his even more pretentious son David Campbell too.
Funny but true.

Who the hell is the Betoota Advocate anyway? Never heard of it.

Some Left wing cum rag I guess...

Last edited:

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rather support Australian bands , singers than these fuckingwits

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Funny but true.

Who the hell is the Betoota Advocate anyway? Never heard of it.

Some Left wing cum rag I guess...
Funny cause you agree croy dog or funny cause you have no real debate?

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Funny cause you agree croy dog or funny cause you have no real debate?
Tbh, it's funny because of all the mouth frothing you're doing over a story in a satirical newspaper.

You could have just googled it instead of getting worked up.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Tbh, it's funny because of all the mouth frothing you're doing over a story in a satirical newspaper.

You could have just googled it instead of getting worked up.
Im not really worked up about that article at all, I was only responding to it. You've shifted the goalposts , it was not about the 'Betoota' in the first place. Honestly Ive had enough of your shit anyway. Go eat a dick or something...

Last edited:

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
They should have gotten Parkway Drive. Australian band and know how to rock a show

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Well, halftime will be a piss & shit break for me.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
1. I can't believe we actually have a thread about the half time entertainment in the Rugby League section
2. No one would know about the meaning behind Macklemore's song or who he is if the homophobes didn't put up that much of a fuss
3. Someone actually took the Betoota Advocate as a serious publication LOL

4. You sad cases move on with your life

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Apparently he is anti-semetic and a 911 inside job believer lol people complain about that now

Status
Not open for further replies.