Luke Thompson consolidated thread

Mr T

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why isn't Hetherington and Elliot moved on for cap space SERIOUSLY!?!

Even if Hetherington in another universe was as good as Thompson he should still be on the chopping block first considering with his record he will be suspended more often than not anyway

It'll be an absolute joke if we pay freight to move him on as well. Barrett's panic buys in Waddell, Hetherington and Flannagan are looking to get more costly by the day.

This is on top of paying over the top coin for a dud in Elliot
No one is taking either of those, and they’re not on as much money anyway.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Probably, I'm just salty lol.

Hes fucken good, and here we are keeping Elliot and the like who are also on big coin and pushing Luke out.

I know ita easier to make space when you have a good player to let go rather than trying to get rid of trash, but still.

I'd rather us pay a bit to rid ourselves of Elliot, Jackson RFM, Waddle then let this guy go.
Yeah we'd all rather see those guys moved on first but maybe they'll all be moved on? It doesn't shock me that Gus will put his own stamp on the roster and manage the cap the way he sees fit..

Not every decision will be popular but I at least have more faith in Gus to recruit, negotiate and manage the cap than I did in anyone else in those roles for the past decade or more..

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck me there is a lot premature distress in this thread. Thomo is not going to just be traded off..

Give me 1 good reason why someone like Gould would move Thompson on unless he was signed for way more that we have been told.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I hate that you were right LOL....or look to be right.
I'm going to fucken lose my rag more if this shit comes true hahahaha

Can't believe this shit, Gunna have a prop rotation of Vaughan, Asiata, Ava and Featherington at this rate FFS LOL
We're going to have to bring in a key player for next season, they can't release him and sign some fucking bit part players. Our frontrow is shit, we sign TPJ and we're likely to park him out on an edge. Like you said Jackson, Elliott, etc should be out the door first but it is what it is..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Be klemmer or some other prop that's worse... Thought this kinda bullshit was over, like honestly how do you go from letting Klemmer, Graham, Woods go to get Napa... Finally get someone like Thompson, then fuck him off when Napa's contract expires lol
I'd rather keep Thompson too but I'll wait and see what happens first before I stress about it..

If Gus can get someone like Tapine and James while having a bit left over to add to a B.Smith offer, then that would be good business.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fuck me there is a lot premature distress in this thread. Thomo is not going to just be traded off..

Give me 1 good reason why someone like Gould would move Thompson on unless he was signed for way more that we have been told.
So he can swing his dick around and let everyone know he's the boss.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The nrl s a fucking joke bro… I don’t know what to say anymore, fuck this cap bullshit, the only people that suffer are the fans that watch every week…

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A good player for the Dogs but can't see anyone paying more $700k. That sort of money should only be for the elite forwards.