Luke Phillips - Touch Judge in Roosters vs Bulldogs Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What a joke! A former Roosters player will be a touch judge in the Roosters/Bulldogs match this weekend. There is literally 40+ touch judges to choose from and they choose a former Roosters player.

Let's see how many forward passes are called against us this week...

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
He also once had a fully sick done up Toyota Celica that was on the cover of Hot 4's. I think he has a soft spot for the Doggies...

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might actually work in our favour, he might be concious of being perceived to be biased towards his old team and be harsher on them instead.

I am sure Bill Harrigan will be watching so I doubt he would go out of his way to go against us.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
who cares touch judges are usless ****s what do they actually do apart from **** up calls every game

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As if he's going to favour the Roosters with any of the calls. If he's serious about being a ref in the NRL he'll try and be as impartial as possible as they'll scrutinise his performance like they do every other official. And if he's blatnatly biased towards the Roosters, which again is ludicrous to suggest, then they'd obviously notice and it'd hurt his chances to become a ref.

What a stupid thread. Good on him for having the balls to put on a pink shirt every week and get hated on by 15,000 people every week.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
After the refs admitted Carneys forward pass call was wrong they will let the them play Gridiron this week...

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After the refs admitted Carneys forward pass call was wrong they will let the them play Gridiron this week...
Absolutely, they'll get away with murder in this game, we'll be very lucky to win it

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
As if he's going to favour the Roosters with any of the calls. If he's serious about being a ref in the NRL he'll try and be as impartial as possible as they'll scrutinise his performance like they do every other official. And if he's blatnatly biased towards the Roosters, which again is ludicrous to suggest, then they'd obviously notice and it'd hurt his chances to become a ref.

What a stupid thread. Good on him for having the balls to put on a pink shirt every week and get hated on by 15,000 people every week.
+1. Part of the refereeing problems is not having enough people out there wanting to be refs, and who could blame them, just look at this thread!

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
Doubt he will risk his job for the Roosters considering there no chance for the finals.

~doggie~diva~

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a ridiculous thing to be upset about. I think he'll be a bit more professional than u think

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm just posting so i can earn more $

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Stupid thread... You sound like a whinging Roosters supporter.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Stupid thread... You sound like a whinging Roosters supporter.
I sound like a whinging Roosters supporter, because I'm whinging about a former Roosters player being a touch judge official in a Roosters game? Okay...

This was just my view on things, and I'm sure he'll go fine. My real issue was there were plenty other tough-judges to choose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.