Luke Brooks try- lost ball!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The amount of suck upping that will happen here when des takes us to the finals again will be laughable.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
6-1 penalty count to the dogs after the tigers got to a 32-6 lead, aka even up the count so it looks fair in the stats and in the newspaper report
Basically after that complete rubbish call against Reynolds marker after Brooks dropped the ball. It was if that was one too far, especially after they then scored. Its like they suddenly remembered there were two teams out there who could give away penalties. Bit late chaps...

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
the team didnt lose because of forward passes, referees calls or anything else, they lost because they played like shit, they played like a team who dont care and a team with internal problems
They played like a team with 5 internationals out, tbh.
I know we're all disappointed, but honestly, I reckon we're expecting too much from them atm.

doggiez03

Waterboy
Reaction score
No matter what we were pathetic. Didn't deserve to win the game at all

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
It's gotten to a point where I expect the refs to **** up in every match. Can't stand the fact that those bastards are deciding the outcome of a match.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hodkinson. He made the tackle before and they got a very quick play the ball and in the end Mbye and a few others didn't react quick enough and Hodko + Perrett tried to make up ground but couldn't make it in time.

Why? You could of just looked at the picture
Picture can be deceiving... I put it to you, just before that picture, Brooks dropped the ball then off the bounce, placed his hand on it.... Get me?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can anyone put a video of it to put this mystery to bed.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Video is on the NRL website under Match Highlights.

Can't agree. I watched it again and he had control of it the whole time, the ball never left his fingers.
Got to agree with you here.

At first I was like "woah hang on he's dropped that", but on seeing the replay and the highlights on nrl.com, its pretty clear he grounds the ball with his hand/torso.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Video is on the NRL website under Match Highlights.

Got to agree with you here.

At first I was like "woah hang on he's dropped that", but on seeing the replay and the highlights on nrl.com, its pretty clear he grounds the ball with his hand/torso.
Yes he did ground the ball with his torso and arm, after he lost it on the ground.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He had fingers on it and had a pretty good grip on it before planting it down. It's a fair try.
So at no stage he lost that grip on that ball? I saw it differently on replay.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can't agree. I watched it again and he had control of it the whole time, the ball never left his fingers.
No. I agree it was a try. I was speaking hypothetically about how although a picture is good, a video would have been better

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They never put that try on slow mo , definitely had a lot of doubt as even rabs said he lost the ball and thats the way it looked like.

They go frame by frame on trys like this, but they hardly showed any replay. Dodgy as.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They played like a team with 5 internationals out, tbh.
I know we're all disappointed, but honestly, I reckon we're expecting too much from them atm.

100% mate - and our challenges are not over yet.
But we will claw our way into the top 4 in 2015!
Anyone wanna bet? Lol

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% mate - and our challenges are not over yet.
But we will claw our way into the top 4 in 2015!
Anyone wanna bet? Lol
L bet you hodkos contract if we make it he goes if we don't he goes.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
If it weren't for the dogs I would have walked away from the game years ago tbh

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
RO11LR you fkn mornoic hypocrite, ran out of bottles (thumbs down) did ya?

accusing bottle throwers for being idiots but doing a similar thing on this forum when you couldn't support your argument.

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
Channel 9 showed the replay only once, corrupt ref didnt even check upstairs.

No commentator wanted to know about it.

I checked it on replay, and brooks lost the fkn ball. Didnt even ground it with either of his hands.

FMD this is a rort!
I'm hear'in ya.... but I would have awarded the try because of the effort.

TONGA12

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The Dogs won the penalty count 10-8. They were just crap....no conspiracy
That exactly how they fix games and most people cant see it because of stats that are not always a clear indicator .

We received all our penalties towards the end with no feul left in the tank unlike the ligers who received them in the first 60min while fresh . I know what part if the game i would pref to be given a helping hand . Dogs look brain dead because of fatigue thanks to the nrl refs

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We got all the penalties after we were already behind by 20. Refs do this to make it look even.
Thats exactly right we get hammered at crucial moments then we get back to back square up penalties when its too late,but that wasnt why we lost we played shit

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
the call against reynolds for not being square at marker cost us 6 points, i cant say the other penalties were not justified, look at the penalties for slowing down the play, we have blokes laying all over them looking around waiting for the ref to say get off, its not up to the ref its up to the player..yes tigers were doing the same , but most of ours were just dumb plays by dumb players
cant blame the refs for players stupidity

Status
Not open for further replies.