Luke Brooks try- lost ball!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
You're joking right? Our attack has been good? It's been toothless for a long time and we haven't put any team to the sword in a very very long time. Our defense when its on song is the reason we win, because we can't buy a try atm
well its not bad considering what weve been through, we would score more points tonight with normal firepower like with our normal strong backline

of more concern is the defence

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Correct me if you think I'm wrong, but from round 1 we were down 24/0 against Penrith we came back but all our try's were long range. Against parra round 2 they were all over us we only took control once half their team went off injured.
Round 3 we just beat a injury riddled manly side and I'll remind you we almost lost that game. Next we played the tigers and were down like 24/0 again all trys came
Long range. The bunnies game we played our best game of the season but we had all the ball and a full team and they had injuries and we still lost. Dragons game speaks for itself. Last week we beat a manly team that's all injured and all shits broken loose at that place. And this week smashed again. So I have no idea what attack we have that's good? This will be the 4th year we can't score inside the 20 and to be honest it's looking worse than ever
so what if our tries are long range? is that not counted?

you dont accept excuses for why we are crap, but you offer excuses for the opposition teams we beat to downplay when we are good

im not worried for a second that we arent a premiership contending team at full strength

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The Dogs won the penalty count 10-8. They were just crap....no conspiracy
We got all the penalties after we were already behind by 20. Refs do this to make it look even.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's true, and that's exactly what they did. But in that time we got all them penalties we were camped on their try line and didn't look like scoring once. Mind you the tigers defence is shit house but they could have easily defended against us with 12 men
LOL **** your a sook.

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of tries went through our left hand side when jmoz comes back that should tighten up the defence on that side. Also against the cows klemmer should start over kas

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't know why we dont just bulldoze over the little fellas. Pritchard did it twice ,

I hate this passing back 20 metres from a penalty only 3m from the tryline.. there's 6 Chances from dummy half to bulldoze over .. this will tire them out plus good chances at having them offside..or is there a rule that you need to take the ball back ?

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Was a legit try.

The replay they showed just after the adbreak showed him ground it just before it looked to have spilled out.
Don't ruin a conspiracy theory with facts.

Or lalalalala will give you a thumbs down.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What's worse is that the smallest player on the field ran over our defensive line to score to be honest...

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Last week Canberra found Brooks and Moses out in defence.. Last night I don't think either one of them actually had to make a tackle because they weren't targeted.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
so what if our tries are long range? is that not counted?

you dont accept excuses for why we are crap, but you offer excuses for the opposition teams we beat to downplay when we are good

im not worried for a second that we arent a premiership contending team at full strength
No it's not, if you can't score from inside the 20 you have major issues.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
K
6-1 penalty count to the dogs after the tigers got to a 32-6 lead, aka even up the count so it looks fair in the stats and in the newspaper report
Yes Rodzilla it was evident that he wanted to play even up and make the penalty count a bit more respectable. Don't know what it looked like on TV but at the ground the fact was that the Tigers players were up to 1 1/2 to 2 metres off side all night, their markers were quite often not square, or at the least the second marker was not.
We were off the pace last night for sure, our defence was terrible at times, our attack was pedestrian but their defence standing on top of our attacking line all night did not help.
There were several penalties for hands on the ball and more could have been given, quite a few strips occurred from these which were ruled as knock ons, a real momentum killer.
A million forward passes from the Tigers were allowed to stand and most of them came from dummy half plays or on hit ups after the kick off.
It is not so much the fact that a penalty is awarded, it is when and where that can be a killer, thus the penalties we were given late in the game when the score was so lopsided were of no benefit to us and no punishment to them.
One thing that is obvious is that we are a one trick pony. It was so frustrating that we ran plays to the left hand side all night, yes it did pay off once but every other time we either lost the ball, turned it over on the last. Yes Rona is on that side and is our top try scorer but Corey Thompson and the guys on the other side must have caught a cold from lack of involvement in attack. It is so one dimensional and makes it easy for the opposition to pick us off and protect their try line.
We are aimless in attack inside the twenty and our best try last night came from a beautiful attacking run from our own half. Frank Pritchard ran over the top of I think it was Mitchell Moses to score his second try and in fact he did a similar thing several times during the game, a bit of a hint that the other players could have taken up on. No one ran at their little blokes other than Frank. When he is on the field we have good go forward and Des needs to give him more time. Frankie was absolutely pissed when he was taken off the field later in the second half and he let the crowd know as he walked past to the bench.

The ref did not immediately see the Woods incident where he collared Reynolds late, it was obvious what had happened, like a lot of other things everyone but the guy with the whistle or his onfield officials saw it,but then when he called Woods out he also spoke to Reynolds as if he had done something wrong. What was going on there, we could not see any wrongdoing by Reynolds, I wonder did he say something?There was also another prominent incidence where our kicker was put on the ground by a late shot, once again no action by the officials.
I have not watched the replay but would be interested to know if there was any foul play on Josh Jackson in an off the ball incident as he was left lying on the ground for a minute or so, flat on his back whilst we were in possession.It was probably mid second half and he taken off the field but returned later.
Very disappointed with what happened last night and the car trip home was lousy but have a three week break until our next home game where it does not get any better against the Roosters. Two weeks is the Cowboys in Qld, on a hiding to nothing there if we don't get some sort of game plan going.

Last edited by a moderator:

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
the team didnt lose because of forward passes, referees calls or anything else, they lost because they played like shit, they played like a team who dont care and a team with internal problems

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Last week Canberra found Brooks and Moses out in defence.. Last night I don't think either one of them actually had to make a tackle because they weren't targeted.
We play the game as If we do not go through any videos of opposition players, we have no planning and we look like a team who has been put together just before the game. I would like to know who came up with the idea of kicking high for the shortest bloke on the field on the last tackle who is running up against twice as tall players.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Correct me if you think I'm wrong, but from round 1 we were down 24/0 against Penrith we came back but all our try's were long range. Against parra round 2 they were all over us we only took control once half their team went off injured.
Round 3 we just beat a injury riddled manly side and I'll remind you we almost lost that game. Next we played the tigers and were down like 24/0 again all trys came
Long range. The bunnies game we played our best game of the season but we had all the ball and a full team and they had injuries and we still lost. Dragons game speaks for itself. Last week we beat a manly team that's all injured and all shits broken loose at that place. And this week smashed again. So I have no idea what attack we have that's good? This will be the 4th year we can't score inside the 20 and to be honest it's looking worse than ever
Since 2012 we've scored more long range tries then any other team, which would be a good thing but we dont know how to score in the opposition half. We were able to score tries in the opp half in 2012 until they changed the obstruction rule, since then we have struggled to score.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Twas a try.

I looked like he bounced it at first instance but the replay straight after the ad break showed it was a fair try.

I actually applaud the refs for having the balls to actually make a decision.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
the team didnt lose because of forward passes, referees calls or anything else, they lost because they played like shit, they played like a team who dont care and a team with internal problems
no ones saying we played well..were saying we want a fair go .. dont hand the opposition forward pass tries or penalize our players just to balance the books.. seriously that's all.. we didn't play like shit btw .. if you recall we have a huge slice of cap on the bench.. have a look at souffs without Reynolds , have a look at storm without smith , cronk or slater.

we play a tightly drilled game that's our problem . I
I think DES shouldve deployed the t-Rex experiment for games like this..

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
End of story. It was a try.

That's the way. Back up your statements with facts. A picture tells 1000 words.... Video would of been best, but it's a step in the right direction...... PS, it was perret and who that couldn't make the tackle???

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Trent Hodkinson could tell you it was a try... he had a birds eye view from his poor tackle attempt for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.