Loss of Smith, Montoya & Holland

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Montoya,Holland, Harper, Tass, Lafai, Smith out. Okunbur gone for large chunk of season
Cotric in.
[emoji15]

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Off with the deadwood.. should have been done ages ago..

tomisbester

Waterboy
Reaction score
I don’t understand releasing Smith if we aren’t getting something for him. He’s not the best footballer but he isn’t bad. 2018, carving up St George. Watch him win a comp at Melbourne.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Exactly.... its what everyone has asked for and now that it has happened, it appears everyone has something to say.

Reimis will go bloody well at the Storm but it's because he has great players around him in crucial positions who are either going to put him in space or get the team on the front foot which will allow him to perform. WE DO NOT HAVE THAT SO THERE IS NO POINT KEEPING HIM AND THEY'RE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER PLAYERS WITH SIMILAR ABILITY!!!

TBaz and the board are not settling for mediocrity so get on board and back the club's decisions, particularly given that this decision was something fans were crying out for!
I think Reimis requested a release, so they might of thought better to lethim go than have an unhappy player. Plus he's not essential to our teams success and direction imo

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
And going by half the clowns on here he would have been dropped after game one
I'd have replaced him with Cotric and put Crichton in for Gutho...(clownface :grinning:

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Over the last 12 months the kennel members by majority have been wanting the 3 players gone.

You can see it all over the kennel.
Now they are finally confirmed gone, we have some saying we are "short in the back line" - Baz better have a plan in place" etc... etc...

My point is we got rid if the garbage.
We have Cotric coming in. I am sure the club has agreed for the release of Smith because they have a replacement in the works.

SMITH had a contract for 2021 so we are not obligated to release.

Just like we released Smith other clubs will also release players. So we could be getting anyone even if contracted.

I just believe we need to be patient over next 2 weeks.
We could be getting state of origin player. They don't want to announce it js not a distraction for the game next week.
unnamed (2).gif

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pay is more responsible for Smith playing shit than himself.

A real coach would of said play in position of STFU and leave.
Think Pay was desperate, as the club were, to keep Smith so succumbed to his demands.

Of course a stronger coach would've stood up against such demands, but at the end of the day it's Smith who put them forward. He was the one who wanted to be centre, but when given the opportunity he didn't put in and didn't have the right attitude. Shame because the kid has obvious talent but ... No matter what this is Smith's profession, so at the very least he should be turning up to each game putting in 110% even though he lacked the skills or experience as a centre.

One thing I'd say is that Pay lacked people around him who could've helped with Smith's transition to centre. Just rubbish backroom staff. These days I can't wait to see what our new coaching team is capable of.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Smith has been a protected species since a kid. Old man a first grader, uncle Mundine, he would have been picked in every side before even trialling. He could play but never had to work for it. He might kick on at Melbourne (cause Bellamy wont put up with his attitude) but every chance he wont. Another cancer gone. Fuck off. And from all reports a few more are in for nasty shocks come pre-season training on Monday.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Smith has been a protected species since a kid. Old man a first grader, uncle Mundine, he would have been picked in every side before even trialling. He could play but never had to work for it. He might kick on at Melbourne (cause Bellamy wont put up with his attitude) but every chance he wont. Another cancer gone. Fuck off. And from all reports a few more are in for nasty shocks come pre-season training on Monday.
Exactly, he is going to be second division fodder down in Melbourne

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hoppa to Manly and we pick up Dylan Walker to play centre or five eighth
We could get Walker without a swap and cheap I would like the depth at the club he can turn his life around unlike Roberts.