Loss of Smith, Montoya & Holland

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We could get Walker without a swap and cheap I would like the depth at the club he can turn his life around unlike Roberts.
Roberts is a fucking angel compared to Walker.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t understand releasing Smith if we aren’t getting something for him. He’s not the best footballer but he isn’t bad. 2018, carving up St George. Watch him win a comp at Melbourne.
I have to hope that you're right about getting something in return. As much as Smith hasn't set the world on fire this year. His skillset and athleticism are pretty much ideal for a winger. He's got pace and ability with kick reception and can turn many half chances into tries. We honestly don't have a lot of backs that can. Seemingly the only thing that was off was his attitude. I suspect he'll look like a world beater if he works hard enough to get a start with the Storm. I've got a feeling that if Barrett doesn't mould the team into a far better attacking unit early next year people will be kicking stones when Reimis kicks on.

I'll give the administration the benefit of doubt that they haven't just released another decent prospect because he was having a sook. But it would have been good to hear that the release was part of a player swap.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have to hope that you're right about getting something in return. As much as Smith hasn't set the world on fire this year. His skillset and athleticism are pretty much ideal for a winger. He's got pace and ability with kick reception and can turn many half chances into tries. We honestly don't have a lot of backs that can. Seemingly the only thing that was off was his attitude. I suspect he'll look like a world beater if he works hard enough to get a start with the Storm. I've got a feeling that if Barrett doesn't mould the team into a far better attacking unit early next year people will be kicking stones when Reimis kicks on.

I'll give the administration the benefit of doubt that they haven't just released another decent prospect because he was having a sook. But it would have been good to hear that the release was part of a player swap.
Smith has the abilities but he lacks the heart and attitude at this point to go next level. Either Melbourne turns him around or he'll just become another player who had the talent, but not the commitment.