Looking Ahead

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The club is in an absolute mess at the moment and I am sturggling to see way out. I think we need at least 4 decent signings to make us competive next year and into the future.

The signings that I would look at are.
1. Matt Burton- Great young half and will probly leave Penrith as lui and Clearly are there long term. Won't have to pay overs to get him.
2. Reed Mahoney- nothing special but better than what we have. Shortage of good hookers running around.
3. Nick Cotric - I think he would add better value than Ado Carr as he desperately need a centre
4. John Bateman- x factor and good mates with Luke Thopmson. Competive you can see how much the raiders are missing him.

With that our team could look something like this moving forward.
1. AVERILLO - Freak talent
2. Smith- was never a centre , good winger
3. Hoopa- Great fullback but can't keep Averillo away from the ball
4. Cotric
5 . DWZ
6. Burton
7. Wakeham- inexperienced halves but there are no good experienced ones to get.
8. Thompson
9. Mahoney
10. Renouf
11. Bateman
12. Jackson
13. Elliot
14. Napa - don't rate him but under contract
15. Rfm- better in the middle
16. Jmk - good utility not a starting 9
17.Matt Doorey - good young backrower.

That team won't win a comp but is realistic and is a top 8 side with plenty of improvmemt in it.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Another thread.

The best case scenario is we sign Cotric, Friend, Welch and Bateman. If we can't get Friend, Mahoney is the next best. I know Mahoney has age on his side but I just don't rate him as highly and I'd rather use Friend for two years and sign a different hooker for 2023. I'd personally re-sign Foran on the cheap as I'd rather an experienced half next to Wakeham but Burton is a good option too if he wants to break contract. Fifita and Grant are obviously better but I don't think they're realistic options.

This is my team anyways. Not too much different.

1. Averillo
2. Reimis
3. Cotric
4. Hopoate
5. DWZ
6. Foran
7. Wakeham
8. Welch
9. Friend
10. Thompson
11. Jackson
12. Bateman
13. Elliott

14. JMK
15. To'omaga
16. Napa
17. Smith

I think Smith and Elliott have been massively underrated by our fans (not just this year).

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
My reasoning for Welch is I want someone who will compliment Thompson (someone like Tolman, who isn't Tolman basically). Maybe To'omaga can be that player but I'm no so sure myself. I like To'omaga off the bench for more impact.

Last edited:

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club is in an absolute mess at the moment and I am sturggling to see way out. I think we need at least 4 decent signings to make us competive next year and into the future.

1. Matt Burton- Great young half and will probly leave Penrith as lui and Clearly are there long term. Won't have to pay overs to get him.
2. Reed Mahoney- nothing special but better than what we have. Shortage of good hookers running around.
3. Nick Cotric - I think he would add better value than Ado Carr as he desperately need a centre
4. John Bateman- x factor and good mates with Luke Thopmson. Competive you can see how much the raiders are missing him.

4. Cotric
5 . DWZ
6. Burton
8. Thompson
9. Mahoney
10. Renouf
11. Bateman
12. Jackson
13. Elliot

That team won't win a comp but is realistic and is a top 8 side with plenty of improvmemt in it.
I agree with most those signings definalty bateman and crotric as prime targets if Mahoney was interested Be nice if not jake friend resign foran on less cash and as for a young half id have a look at matty johns young bloke and ger matty in to work with our halfs
Or even a jackson hastings if we wanna get away from foz

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I agree with most those signings definalty bateman and crotric as prime targets if Mahoney was interested Be nice if not jake friend resign foran on less cash and as for a young half id have a look at matty johns young bloke and ger matty in to work with our halfs
Or even a jackson hastings if we wanna get away from foz
I'm not sure we need another young half when we already have Wakeham.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I personally think we should target a hooker first, then try to fill in the gaps.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
My reasoning for Welch is I want someone who will compliment Thompson (someone like Tolman, who isn't Tolman basically). Maybe To'omaga can be that player but I'm no so sure myself. I like To'omaga off the bench for more impact.
Welch has a great offload aswell. Very underrated player.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I personally think we should target a hooker first, then try to fill in the gaps.
Api was a huge miss...him and Wakeham would have got along real well and formed an excellent combo.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I've been speaking to my insider who was in tears Because he thinks the Bateman deal is dead In the water. Something tI do with an argument with the manager or something.
He says that Guerra has turned us down as well and the only one left is Cotric who is also hesitant and like others have said, would need 700k to be enticed.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
.....but also, he was very drunk and is having woman troubles so had to extract this from him amongst him ranting about 'bitches ain't shit' type comments.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Another thread.

The best case scenario is we sign Cotric, Friend, Welch and Bateman. If we can't get Friend, Mahoney is the next best. I know Mahoney has age on his side but I just don't rate him as highly and I'd rather use Friend for two years and sign a different hooker for 2023. I'd personally re-sign Foran on the cheap as I'd rather an experienced half next to Wakeham but Burton is a good option too if he wants to break contract. Fifita and Grant are obviously better but I don't think they're realistic options.

1. Averillo
2. Reimis
3. Cotric
4. Hopoate
5. DWZ
6. Foran
7. Wakeham
8. Welch
9. Friend
10. Thompson
11. Jackson
12. Bateman
13. Elliott

14. JMK
15. To'omaga
16. Napa
17. Smith

I think Smith and Elliott have been massively underrated by our fans (not just this year).

Chris Smith?? FMD he is terrible

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another thread.

1. Averillo
2. Reimis
3. Cotric
4. Hopoate
5. DWZ
6. Foran
7. Wakeham
8. Welch
9. Friend
10. Thompson
11. Jackson
12. Bateman
13. Elliott

14. JMK
15. To'omaga
16. Napa
17. Smith

I can’t see Mahoney or Friend wanting to sign with us. What do you think about taking a chance on Connor Watson and giving a chance to cement his place in first grade at hooker?

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
.....but also, he was very drunk and is having woman troubles so had to extract this from him amongst him ranting about 'bitches ain't shit' type comments.
LMFAO

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

4. Cotric
5 . DWZ
6. Burton
8. Thompson
9. Mahoney
10. Renouf
11. Bateman
12. Jackson
13. Elliot

Keep Foran at 400K and bring back CHN on the cheap and we could go close with basically this team

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: nasheed do you go to footy games?

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton is a future star! He should be our priority target. He's young, has footwork, passing game, kicking game and is a big body...... steps like Ponga too

Agreed. Big future. Would be a great acquisition.